Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 News Update

Nick Thomadis

21 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

I hope so as well. Need something to get me motivated again lol.

If Dev's have settle on armament and damage model, then I can’t see why they can’t run all the way to the first campaign draft. Forget sporadic updates for the time being, go straight to the campaign.

We can shake down the game then. This way the hype can build continuously from the draft rather than trying to build it in irregular iterations (updates without replayability). 

Edited by Skeksis

On 10/17/2020 at 3:56 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

Constant modifiers in relation to maneuvering are not changing. You will not see a bigger penalty due to speed, for example. Only the aspects that are utilizing target "bearing" and "range rate" will become more dynamic. So, for example, ships that are at large distance and move fast, will create bigger penalties to aim locking due to bearing change caused by degree difference between each aiming shot. Or ships that approach or increase distance with high speed, will cause more penalties to aiming procedure.

As for the Destroyers and Torpedo Boats, they will still be as vulnerable as history demands. Of course big guns are going to tear them apart.

Sounds pretty ideal to me.

One question, does a ship that is changing direction and moving to change it's bearing suffer a penalty to it's own firing solution?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Edited by Staire

The last update was over 2 months ago and still not a sliver of information when the new patch will drop. with the amount of time it is taking. i am beginning to think they will be adding alot more then just the quad turrets and the  other stuff they said in the last patchnotes. like others have said i hope they suprise us with the campaign already

if not then me and many others i think as well will be dissapointed. whats next? another  over 2 month period of waiting just to release what amounts to the bare minimum of content? alot of people will just move on and forget about the game if the only thing they get out of 2 months of anticipation is a few guns, a couple of hulls and new formations.

For christ sake. i am almost so thirsty for my naval combat fix that i am at the point of trying out warthunder Naval. and we all know what kind of memefest that is. also that WOWS Shortcut looks very atractive... maybe i just.... NO NO.

• Like 3

I hate to admit this, and I hope I don't catch any flak for it but I've mostly already moved on and forgotten about this game. I have no hype left and I really have no great expectations for the patch being anything more than they've already said it would be.  If it drops I'll come back, peek at it, look at the new quad guns and try the two missions that interest me and then long out until the subsequent patch. So... Sorry for my opinions? 

I'd really love some hype, I'd love to be excited to play this game, I'd love to be excited for new content, a year ago when I bought this game I thought it'd be everything I ever wanted in a warship nerd game. Right now though, I don't know fishies. I don't know. 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

I hate to admit this, and I hope I don't catch any flak for it but I've mostly already moved on and forgotten about this game. I have no hype left and I really have no great expectations for the patch being anything more than they've already said it would be.  If it drops I'll come back, peek at it, look at the new quad guns and try the two missions that interest me and then long out until the subsequent patch. So... Sorry for my opinions? 

I'd really love some hype, I'd love to be excited to play this game, I'd love to be excited for new content, a year ago when I bought this game I thought it'd be everything I ever wanted in a warship nerd game. Right now though, I don't know fishies. I don't know. 

This seems unnecessary. 

25 minutes ago, The Fundamentalist said:

This seems unnecessary. 

Okay, well if you play this game religiously every day and love every minute of it then excellent, I commend you! I think that's awesome and I say keep on doing so. But I don't. I don't have fun with this anymore, so much so that I've hardly looked at any of the past updates since the April Fools day one. Those ironclads really were great, I played them a lot. They were a wonderful surprise. Since then I've hardly looked at the game. 

I fully expect this patch to be as the devs have said it will be, no increased expectations, no secret wishing, nothing more than advertised. Bug fixes, modren french battleships, quad turrets, super heavy guns and 4 missions. That's what the dev team has said they're doing and I have no reason to expect anything more than that. I think I'm being fairly realistic, I'm not trying to be pessimistic here. And hey if they do shove in more, well I'll be pleasantly surprised and pleased with their endeavors but I'm not going to get hyped up wish listing. To me, and this is strictly my opinion and I'm well aware that my opinion doesn't matter, but modern french battleships and quad turrets are mildly interesting, I'll no doubt putz around with them for a few minutes and the move on, and two out of four missions interest me, I'll no doubt putz around with them for a while before I move on. This isn't content that keeps me hungry and keeps me wanting to come back for more. I'm not here for late war WWII super battleships, and I'm a minority in that regards. I'm not here for six barreled 30 inch guns that can place a shot grouping on the moon. I'd like more pre-dreadnoughts, armored and protected cruisers slap fighting each other and a campaign, but oh well. I understand that I can't just make that happen. 

So therefor, because of the situation I've found myself in with the content current available in comparison to my interests, and no evidence what so ever that I'll have that itch scratched, what am I suppose to think, feel, hope for or do? Sorry pal, and no shade towards the devs, but it's just starting to seem like we're two different ships passing in the night. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fishyfish said:

Hey lad....if you want to leave the game behind that is fine. It's not your job to keep coming back to see if the came has updated or to keep playing it. If people give you flak for leaving then they clearly don't understand that if people wait a long period of time for something people will get disinterested and go do something else and especially with the games current limitations replayability is a hard. So if you feel burnt out on this game go do something else I just hope that if this update is bigger than it actually is I will see you back in the forums discussing it with us.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

especially with the games current limitations replayability

That is probably a main issue. With the ship designer being seriously limited and no objective to play with ships really it is hard to keep interest up. I am not a fan of the academy mission at all - i may play them maybe once for tutorial purposes but at the moment there is little you can really do here. Especially since ships you build - a main selling point for me - end up being far too similar due to limited choices we have. And quite frankly I don’t give a bit about quad turrets either. 

I am not saying sky is falling but I can see his points - although I don’t have an issue checking the forum once in a while to check of anything changed but the pace is slow

• Like 6

7 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

That is probably a main issue. With the ship designer being seriously limited and no objective to play with ships really it is hard to keep interest up. I am not a fan of the academy mission at all - i may play them maybe once for tutorial purposes but at the moment there is little you can really do here. Especially since ships you build - a main selling point for me - end up being far too similar due to limited choices we have. And quite frankly I don’t give a bit about quad turrets either. 

I am not saying sky is falling but I can see his points - although I don’t have an issue checking the forum once in a while to check of anything changed but the pace is slow

Designer sucks and gameplay sucks too. 4 ship squadron can't make a turn without falling apart.  Ai formations suck. The new fixed formation that were anoucned are also unrealsitic. 

Enemy Ai sucks, all it can do is yolo you or in rare case they try to form a line it turns into a jumbled mess almost instantly.

Armor mechanics suck.

But who care we are getting 20 inch quad turrets!!!!

Seriously i can't see how this is going to be better than rule the waves outside graphics. So far it's worse in every aspect.

I would honestly prefer rule the waves 3 with improved graphics, even 2d over this word of warships pandering mess.

Edited by Microscop

14 hours ago, Fishyfish said:

I agree with you. i still have a bit of hype left for the coming update. desperately hoping that it is going to be more than they have revealed so far. if its just gonna be what they said they would add a month ago. then i just take a 6 month brake and hope to find a properly fleshed out experience when i come back. and not a game stuck in development hell like it looks to be right now.

This is something I wish they'd stop doing, don't hello kittying announce something if it's nowhere near ready to be released. You keep ending with this situation where all you do is make your own player base lose faith in your abilities. I get that this is a small team and all but we're now pushing 3 months since this update was announced....

• Like 4

I hope we will get more content, because we waited a lot. Secondly this game neeeeeds a lot more content and fixes. There are some game braking things, and they must fix those.

Also after this ww2 update, I hope they will focus on pre-dreadnought era, because in my opinion there are only a few cruiser hulls at the moment.

And one of the most important thing: communication between us (players and testers) and the dev team. This is realy important. And the lack of informations and communication is insane.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marshall99 said:

I hope we will get more content, because we waited a lot. Secondly this game neeeeeds a lot more content and fixes. There are some game breaking things, and they must fix those.

Also after this ww2 update, I hope they will focus on pre-dreadnought era, because in my opinion there are only a few cruiser hulls at the moment.

And one of the most important thing: communication between us (players and testers) and the dev team. This is really important. And the lack of informations and communication is insane.

Yeah. The first thing they need to do is get rid of the fixed points on hulls. As soon as they do that making early dreadnoughts a lot easier and add a lot more early hulls and guns.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

You know this still isn't beta 😉 ?

There was no meaningfull progress since the early access started. They just keep adding more 3d models while core mechancis are still in the gutter,

Edited by Microscop
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

You know this still isn't beta 😉 ?

That does not justify in anyway the abysmal amount of content they push out. people like you together with the people that say that they are just a 3 man developing team are enabling this behaviour from the developers. it gives them a sense that there is still sympathy for how they are treating this game and communicate with the community. alot of people would be less dissapointed if they atleast COMMUNICATED why it takes such a long time. but apparantly just writing a heads up on the status of the update is to much to ask. seeing the absolute lack of response from their side.

I hope more people are going to complain on the forums. then atleast it will get the message across that some transparency is needed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Makes me wonder what they are doing or what problems they have ran into for them to be taking so long.

A little communication goes a long way and i dislike the valve treatment a lot.

They could do weekly or bi-weekly updates of what they did and how far they have gotten, they don't even need to showcase any of the very important things all the time either.

Either way ill still check the forums (no reason not too) regardless and see how the game develops.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Cptbarney said:

Makes me wonder what they are doing or what problems they have ran into for them to be taking so long.

A little communication goes a long way and i dislike the valve treatment a lot.

They could do weekly or bi-weekly updates of what they did and how far they have gotten, they don't even need to showcase any of the very important things all the time either.

Either way ill still check the forums (no reason not too) regardless and see how the game develops.

This seems alot like the Steam early access experience. bait people into buying your barely developed game with a nice concept.cash in. then keep  teasing and Promising better content later down the Line (example:campaign) which keeps getting delayed. at the meantime release Low effort content to keep the illusion up that the game is actually making progress.

The big difference is that this isn't even available on early access on steam. which makes me worried when it does get on steam and reaches an even bigger audience which they can cash into. we will see spaceship Yamato added earlier to the game then the actual campagn when we look at the priority of the  content that gets added now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought I could play the campaign mode at the end of this year, but now I am worried that I will be able to play the campaign before graduating from university. In June they said it would take 5-6 months to develop. But from the current results, I am afraid that the development progress of the campaign is not optimistic.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ReefKip said:

This seems alot like the Steam early access experience. bait people into buying your barely developed game with a nice concept.cash in. then keep  teasing and Promising better content later down the Line (example:campaign) which keeps getting delayed. at the meantime release Low effort content to keep the illusion up that the game is actually making progress.

The big difference is that this isn't even available on early access on steam. which makes me worried when it does get on steam and reaches an even bigger audience which they can cash into. we will see spaceship Yamato added earlier to the game then the actual campagn when we look at the priority of the  content that gets added now.

The community which seems to have little interest in naval warfare seems to be the problem. They don't want naval warfare they just want to build their favorite paper ship from world of warships with quad 20 inch guns. Thats all that takes to make them happy. Game mechanics thats not flashy enough for them to care about, not that they know anything about naval combat anyway since they are mostly wows players. 

Staying on the ship model/hulls topic devs just keep adding new hulls to please kriegboos and wows players while countries like France have 0 historical pre drednought hulls (the only one they have is Tsesarevich built for export).

Aside from that there is hardly any more content.

Edited by Microscop
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Microscop said:

The community which seems to have little interest in naval warfare seems to be the problem. They don't want naval warfare they just want to build their favorite paper ship from world of warships with quad 20 inch guns. Thats all that takes to make them happy. Game mechanics thats not flashy enough for them to care about, not that they know anything about naval combat anyway since they are mostly wows players. 

Staying on the ship model/hulls topic devs just keep adding new hulls to please kriegboos and wows players while countries like France have 0 historical pre drednought hulls (the only one they have is Tsesarevich built for export).

Aside from that there is hardly any more content.

Nothing wrong with the community wanting to build their favorite historical ships and making some original wacky designs, thats what the builder is for. Most of us here already call out people who want this game to be as arcade as WoWS. Nothing wrong with the devs adding new hulls either, the problem is that they have focused too much on late interwar and WW2 era ships, leaving Pre dreadnought, dreadnought and WW1 era very desolate. The designer is the biggest issue in the game imo as its limitations really restrict creativity and boxes you into 1 or 2 designs with minor changes here and there. Theres plenty of content, but the builder limits the usability of said content, which is why I wish they would dedicate an update to just sort out the games main selling point. Otherwise theres really no point in having a builder in the first place.

• Like 4

has there ever been any proof posted by the developers that they actually started work on the campaing? like in the form of Images from the Campaign Map The UI it will be using, or any other Campaign assets for that matter? or is it all just "we are working on it" kind of evidence? if they are anywhere close to finishing any form of the campaign we should have seen some teaser,s Image,s right?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Nothing wrong with the community wanting to build their favorite historical ships and making some original wacky designs, thats what the builder is for. Most of us here already call out people who want this game to be as arcade as WoWS. Nothing wrong with the devs adding new hulls either, the problem is that they have focused too much on late interwar and WW2 era ships, leaving Pre dreadnought, dreadnought and WW1 era very desolate. The designer is the biggest issue in the game imo as its limitations really restrict creativity and boxes you into 1 or 2 designs with minor changes here and there. Theres plenty of content, but the builder limits the usability of said content, which is why I wish they would dedicate an update to just sort out the games main selling point. Otherwise theres really no point in having a builder in the first place.

Think people fail to understand is that, even if you focus on pre-dreads, ww1 and interwar or even historical only warships you will get the same problems as you do now.

The core mechanics need to be updated/changed/reworked like the designer, like ai, like gunnery plotting for example so that the game plays a lot better.

Either way im going too look at what the devs, said about the update, i heard collision mechanics were also getting fixed and changed alongside everything else in this patch.

• Like 9