Game-Labs Forum

Extra Extra - Sweden vows to destroy GB!

TheDread

You need to face the fact that Sweden is full of bitter ex GB players who after failing with Spain want to get the job done with Sweden.

The worst thing you can do is feed them content.  I wouldn't fight them at all, let them take the whole coast until they are locked in at both ends with Russian ports.

Switch your ship building to a different nation 

• Like 2

To the native Swedes I say, you welcomed these British renegades into your nation, you have followed them in whatever grudge, vendetta, or flimsy excuse against GB, or more accurately certain clans and or players within GB, they have used those to lead you into this war, will you win? maybe, wars are so unpredictable, if so, who is left to fight? your neighbours Norge-Danmark, France? Spain who have had a horrendous time from almost everyone including us?, How about the U.S.  though you'll be hard put to find an excuse for that, but, I have no doubt that an excuse will be found,  the Chinese maybe, it's bit of a sail to get at them, but, hey, they'll be all that's left anyway once you are done with the Dutch, that is, neutrality is no guarantee of survival against those who only want to fight! the Prussians and the Poles who are clearly finding fun and enjoyment without a lot of fuss or drama? It won't be your local, friendly, neighbourhood Russians that's for sure, even British renegades are frightened of something!  A very famous Japanese Admiral allegedly said of his nation's folly, he said "I fear all we have done is waken a sleeping giant, and, filled him with a terrible resolve"  and he definitely said "In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success." Vice Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto,. the Battle of  Midway was the turning point of the Pacific war, it ended six months to the day of the attack on Pearl Harbour!  If you do nothing else, learn from him, he knew his trade, and, the consequences of one foolish act, fortunately for him, he never saw the true consequences of that folly, I think, eventually, you will. 

28 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

why take San Juan from HAV0C? 679242287707848705.png?v=1

Because it was Danish crafting port, and it is actually the only thing Sweden lost after 8 months of war with Russia. Why even defend them? Embarassing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Because it was Danish crafting port, and it is actually the only thing Sweden lost after 8 months of war with Russia. Why even defend them? Embarassing.

I think there’s a test server with your name on it.

cool story

12 hours ago, TheDread said:

and for all who care about whether this game remains playable in a few months

it doesn't seem like those affairs you mentioned here are going to have any major impact on this matter, but good luck with that

Edited by Captain2Strong

2 hours ago, Random Noob said:

I'm just some Random Noob with a bit of insight into Nations politics. Now would you please answer my question?

lolol so thats clear and resounding 'hide' then. However, im surprised your insight never extended to my shore leave & absence from the game since June due to an operation and my childrens holiday. Due back end of August, and can't wait, but you knew that surely with your insights?

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

You need to face the fact that Sweden is full of bitter ex GB players who after failing with Spain want to get the job done with Sweden.

The worst thing you can do is feed them content.  I wouldn't fight them at all, let them take the whole coast until they are locked in at both ends with Russian ports.

Switch your ship building to a different nation 

I agree 100%, add to that the ability to flip nations on a whim with Prolific Forger, its a recipe for disaster. Have a grudge against someone or some clan, flip, hurt them, flip again!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Are they winning only because they have Prolific Forger DLC? Sounds like Pay-2-Win

No, from the encounters I've had with the original Swedish players, they are skilful and excellent seaman. a real force in-game... however, as I say, those who want to jump on the bandwagon can with little or no effort. Just merely port across to who's winning, and they become by some warped morality, winners also!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charles Caldwell said:

No, from the encounters I've had with the original Swedish players, they are skilful and excellent seaman. a real force in-game... however, as I say, those who want to jump on the bandwagon can with little or no effort. Just merely port across to who's winning, and they become by some warped morality, winners also!

If its so easy for people to jump nation and setup again. Why is it such an issue for those staying in same nation to build up another shipyard considering GB still has 2 safe crafting ports(PaP and SdC). Not meaning this as a diss to GB just want to point out that the players in TOXIC who have jumped around nations have done so at great cost. For a Brit example maybe speak to NOTO and ask how much they spent on shipyards etc when moving nations.

If you want to swap nations and be actually sustainable there it isn’t as easy as you are making it out to be. Not saying people should jump-jump-jump i agree it isn’t the greatest thing especially being locked behind dlc for most real intent, but it has been in the game for ages now and i guess we just have to deal with it since it wont be changed.

I also never heard pirates complain when WTF lost Baracoa, they just carried on and RHB worked out a deal separate to that scenario. Same with Dutch when KRAKE took Caracas, they took it on the chin and fought back in game.

GB is losing 1 of 4 crafting ports, it is no one elses fault but your own that you built similar style bonuses in PaP and SdC. Besides I, personally, think in the long run GB being consolidated will probably do well for them to bond better as a nation, it helped Prussia(pre Cids return) work together only concentrating in a single area of ports

• Like 4

14 hours ago, TheDread said:

Today Sweden launched their attack against GB's only RVR crafting port, and when the Swedish diplomat was queried on the matter his response was, and I quote, "Frankly after the way GB have acted as a nation i dont even care if sweden becomes nothing. But wiping you all out will allow me to leave this game and move on a happy man."

One talking, curly head is spreading rumors that capturing crafting ports is killing the game.

I would like to know if this is true or not.

For everyone that is about to leave GB. France is a super awesome place. Just leave the drama in GB and you'll be super welcome here.

Also, imagine being upset about having your ports attacked in a game that is about attacking peoples ports.

Edited by Sporkee

GB are losing a war, they were offered peace, to that they then demanded like 15+ ports....  thats not how losing a war goes, you dont get to make demands. 

They then told us its fine, they dont care, they will just side with Russia in the next war, and take whatever ports they want. This isnt Sweden killing GB, this is GB killing itself.  

Maybe if GB is consolidated in less ports they could actually learn to work together. 

Edited by Drakonis

2 hours ago, Charles Caldwell said:

Lets not forget that the nations leaders propensity to attack anyone that disagrees with them is a huge contributing factor to why people leave GB. Whilst I agree that the Prolific Forger DLC is an issue of concern, without it, those that get shit on by others in GB would not be able to leave. Everyone has a right to enjoy the game as they please, clan leaders and leadership in GB has, for a long time now, tried shitting on anyone they don't like so those people should be given the opportunity to move on. GB's biggest flaw is too many leaders all wanting ports and then fighting over them. Hopefully the Swedes will put an end to that by sending GB back to Jamaica so we can start again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Band said:

Lets not forget that the nations leaders propensity to attack anyone that disagrees with them is a huge contributing factor to why people leave GB. 

I've seen lots of discussions from GB leaders, thankfully now from the wings, however the ones that shouted the loudest seem to have left GB, so perhaps now a calm will descend on the GB leadership and we can all move on.

4 hours ago, Charles Caldwell said:

lolol so thats clear and resounding 'hide' then. However, im surprised your insight never extended to my shore leave & absence from the game since June due to an operation and my childrens holiday. Due back end of August, and can't wait, but you knew that surely with your insights?

So by the end of August will we finally see GB rise once more? (I doubt it)

2 hours ago, Prince of Wales said:

For a Brit example maybe speak to NOTO and ask how much they spent on shipyards etc when moving nations.

Imagine putting faith in Raxius lol

17 hours ago, TheDread said:

We will fight.   We will fight until we're out of ports and then we'll fight from free ports. 

1 brit at Placentia..... I guess you only good for shietposting.....

heres a turd because you smell funny

pngtree-a-cute-brawn-turd-vector-or-colo

Having heard today that Sweden may well offer GB A peace settlement of sorts. Has anyone given any thought to the amount of energy and effort that Sweden has had to put in to raise flags, move those flags across the map, and organise many many port battles to get to the position where they are now. The truth is that at the time when Sweden started the push, GB was in a relatively disorganised and weak state and was ill equipped both to fight the swedes and hold on to ports. In fact many of us in GB have discussed the situation with regard to the number of ports that we held against the overall fighting abilities of the various clans that existed in GB, and I believe the general consensus was that it was inevitable that GB would shrink and that the Yucatan would inevitably have to be given up.
GB has a number of crafting ports much closer to Jamaica and I am sure that by now a good many if not most of the GB players have moved out of the west in favour of these other ports.

So The outcome is that Sweden now will be in possession of a number of ports that GB had before and that they Will find themselves in exactly the same position that GB did that with the one difference that to the north lies a Russian threat which in their minds will not go away. I am sure that this Is now dawning on the collective Swedish psyche that "we have spent all this time and energy getting ourselves into a position where we are spread across the map and very likely to be mopped up by the Russians from the North" .It appears to me that Sweden seems to be somewhat naive in respect to diplomacy in thinking that brushing GB aside is in any way a major victory. GB Will almost certainly refuse to give Sweden any satisfaction in agreeing a ceasefire as GB have almost certainly written off the whole area already. If Sweden wanted to retain GB as a useful buffer they really should have started negotiations with it at a much earlier stage
This game is full of hot heads that although very good at fighting are somewhat prone to put their heads down and run at walls far too often. They mostly are unfortunately the type that also jump ship when the growing gets tough leaving the mess for somebody else to sweep up.

I bet most of the Swedes concerned Have discovered that the effort with the new mechanics hardly justifies the results at the end of the day !

• Like 2