Game-Labs Forum

Extra Extra - Sweden vows to destroy GB!

TheDread

2 hours ago, Random Noob said:

So by the end of August will we finally see GB rise once more? (I doubt it)

What? Is this you utilising your insights again... I clearly said its when 'I'm' - 'me alone' is hoping to return to the game, not anything other than that. 

So still holding back on your in-game name though, shame!

• Like 1

fact is, the game has turned to such an extraordinary grind that no one wants to lose a valuable "crafting port."

outcome is, no matter which nation, people have and will stop playing due to high developed ports being taken.

...tl;dr honestly this is seriously a "blame the devs" scenario.

We told the devs we hated the hostility grinding and the mechanic abuses (exploits) that happened. We wanted less grind.

so instead we change it to "different grind" and it's even worse. congrats guys, we played ourselves.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

fact is, the game has turned to such an extraordinary grind that no one wants to lose a valuable "crafting port."

outcome is, no matter which nation, people have and will stop playing due to high developed ports being taken.

...tl;dr honestly this is seriously a "blame the devs" scenario.

We told the devs we hated the hostility grinding and the mechanic abuses (exploits) that happened. We wanted less grind.

so instead we change it to "different grind" and it's even worse. congrats guys, we played ourselves.

This was a solution I came up with to incorporate Bonus's and have no grind I think would be an interesting way to spice up the RvR

26e74682005d88cc13835d175b34b4e2.png

Go to reply for info on this not the main post :D 

Edited by Prince of Wales
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

That's much better than what it is now. Ports having pre-determined bonuses makes things interesting.
resets not so much, but it may be necessary to save defeated nations

yeah ignore the reset part for this thread, i just already made a post and though may as well link it here rather than re type :D 

Personally I think every nation essentially being turned into an impossible nation by relying on capturable player owed ports AND then doubling down on that crafting by even more extremely expensive port bonuses is and has ruined this game.  Spain lost a port, died.  Danes (1st time around) lost one, died.  Sweden lost SJ and went to sleep for a while.  VP.. and Prussia....same.  Loading all your crafting needed for RVR in a suped up port and then being able to lose said port in a matter of days is just an overall poor game design decision for repeated gameplay.  Maybe Swerg 2.0 is pulling a dick move, but they are doing exactly what the RVR system wants them to do.  Crush opponents into quitting the game OR buy the forger DLC and move ($$ wink wink).  

Don't hate the player, hate the game.  

Russia and the 3 other nations are "impossible" and we know that going in.  Back pre-release when We lost ports on The secret islands and bermuda it wasn't pretty.  But that's the risk of joining said nations.  Joining GB should not have the same risks as an easier and starting nation.  Imagine how utterly complex it would be to a new player joining GB or the US and trying to figure out crafting.  Can't craft in the capital and get bonuses...oh ok gotta craft in a player owned port.....gotta join a clan....gotta be on the friends list....and I can lose everything.  Just a poorly designed setup and I suspect one of the major reasons new player retention is abysmal in NA.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

GB has less  RVR clans at this moment than any other time in recent years.  But if you want to spend time with your alts painting the map in colours Mama Russia allows then go right ahead.  No one cares when the balance is so one sided. 

Edited by Urchin

12 hours ago, Charles Caldwell said:

So still holding back on your in-game name though, shame!

I always bet that players hiding behind unknown pseudos in-game are, in fact not players (i.e. 'lost players'). Maybe, this one did not reconnect since release... Just a forum troll.

On 8/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, Christendom said:

Personally I think every nation essentially being turned into an impossible nation by relying on capturable player owed ports AND then doubling down on that crafting by even more extremely expensive port bonuses is and has ruined this game.  Spain lost a port, died.  Danes (1st time around) lost one, died.  Sweden lost SJ and went to sleep for a while.  VP.. and Prussia....same.  Loading all your crafting needed for RVR in a suped up port and then being able to lose said port in a matter of days is just an overall poor game design decision for repeated gameplay.  Maybe Swerg 2.0 is pulling a dick move, but they are doing exactly what the RVR system wants them to do.  Crush opponents into quitting the game OR buy the forger DLC and move ($$ wink wink).  

Don't hate the player, hate the game.  

Russia and the 3 other nations are "impossible" and we know that going in.  Back pre-release when We lost ports on The secret islands and bermuda it wasn't pretty.  But that's the risk of joining said nations.  Joining GB should not have the same risks as an easier and starting nation.  Imagine how utterly complex it would be to a new player joining GB or the US and trying to figure out crafting.  Can't craft in the capital and get bonuses...oh ok gotta craft in a player owned port.....gotta join a clan....gotta be on the friends list....and I can lose everything.  Just a poorly designed setup and I suspect one of the major reasons new player retention is abysmal in NA.  

whatever do you mean? AllL PatCHEs HavE bEeN a grReat SucCEes anD thEre's NOthinG WroNg witH anY oF ThEm.

• Like 4