Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Patch: The Missing Links Part 1

admin

55 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Have played some battles on Testbed. Can agree with others that penetration is too strong. Also noted that as it seems crew damage from long guns is now much lower than from medium guns.

Having also played on testbed (23 shots from medium 18pd/9pd cannons to st pavel foremast to take it down :P ) i feel the penetration rates makes sense, but maybe the HP on the masts needs some tweaking, could quite possibly argue that masts should ricochet balls if they aren't hit on in the centre part of the wood to counter this.

11 minutes ago, GalacticHalo said:

This may be true but they both play a major roll, sometimes people are not able to get into comms and have to type in battle chat, also global chat is how most players sell their goods and make money, as well as chat about stuff, there may be bad stuff but the good outweighs the bad.

Totally understand your point.  See the benefits are all for you (selling stuff), but the negatives are all for me and some other players (ptsd, reports, toxicity, tribunals, bad reviews for bans, racism, homofobia, intolerance, hate). I don't like those negatives and see no positives. Also it would be better for national building if merchants supply their nation instead of other nations.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

your post could be one, two years old. an evergoing melody. the end the end the end is near. i think you're wrong. small vessels always have a purpose.

No, because now demasting them will be even easier unless they remove the lazer single shot sniping. With the removal of mast mods effectiveness according to range, they won't even need to snipe. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

Announcement 14th of August

After final review of the tribunals, reporting system volumes and the levels of toxicity in general chat I have approved complete removal of Battle chat with enemies, Global chat and Help chat when this patch hits live servers. Global chat only amplifies hate and toxicity allowing jerks to talk to other nations. We have thought differently when adding those chats to the game.

Please take diplomatic precautions as necessary. 

Global chat and help chat will only be present on testbed. 

Guess it's ok if you're Russia and have 2/3 the server population in your nation but for the likes of Poland this is going to make for a very lonely experience.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, admin said:

Totally understand your point.  See the benefits are all for you (selling stuff), but the negatives are all for me and some other players (ptsd, reports, toxicity, tribunals, bad reviews for bans, racism, homofobia, intolerance, hate). I don't like those negatives and see no positives. Also it would be better for national building if merchants supply their nation instead of other nations.

in one out of two battles it's "bitch, cunt, tranny, russian whore (sic!)" right from the start! yes please, erase these chats!

14 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

thx, imho this would have deserved a more visible announcement :)

anyway, I am not really interested, hardly ai around and everybody wants to pvp, so how is one to test if the patch makes sense for pve server ??

you can spawn where you want. Doesn't have to be Shroud Cay or KPR. take a basic cutter, sail into the south and be alone. Even Tumbado should be pretty empty if you're aiming for big ship PvE.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Talk to the nation :)

I understand that you view it as a mistake from your perspective. But from the game perspective it should be removed. No more free radio for haters and idiots. Currently they can talk to 11 nations FOR FREE and spread their shit around to ALL players in game. We are removing this ability

Ok, you remove a communication channel for a few idiots. But you remove it for everyone which includes the vast majority of decent players. 

I understand that tribunals take a lot of manpower to check every case and you want to reduce this. 

You could instead appoint player moderators who step in immediately when communication is getting offensive. Less cases would be tribunaled. 

Please reconsider. 

Edit: I do not care if you removed global chat, honestly. But please keep the battle instance chat. 

Edited by van Veen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

After final review of the tribunals, reporting system volumes and the levels of toxicity in general chat I have approved complete removal of Battle chat with enemies, Global chat and Help chat when this patch hits live servers. Global chat only amplifies hate and toxicity allowing jerks to talk to other nations. We have thought differently when adding those chats to the game.

Can we have a nation wide help chat, please? I know, captains can ask in nation chat already but with all the traffic there questions might drown in the noise.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Remove the toxicity by simply removing the channel in which the toxicity is found and spread is always a bad idea. Toxicity will simply being diverted to other channel... Banning the means of communication is only what an authoritarian regime would do. And it will do little to eliminate the toxic element of the game. 

Additionally chatting with enemies sometimes is absolutely necessary. For instance, tagging an enemy trader and later finding out that he belongs to a clan that we have an non aggression pact with... I should at least be able to apologise to him for wasting his time, shouldn’t I?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

I understand the problem but sometimes in battles you can find a gentlemen agreement to quit if you have been sink many times..in this way polite people dont have anymore this possibility. 

Is possible to have something like flag signals? or like in HS some standard messages?

Edited by Conte D. Catellani
  • Like 5

Удаление боевого и глобального чата из-за нескольких уеб..в не имеет смысла. Глобальный чат можно закрыть, игрока, пишущего бред, можно отключить и не видеть его сообщения. В боевом вполне возможно сделать функцию отключения чата, если тебя раздражают сообщения.

Наверное, будет лучше решение добавить кнопку в настройках включить/выключить глобальный или боевой чат для особо ранимых на сообщения людей. Это будет выбор игрока.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Medniy Sandal said:

Удаление боевого и глобального чата из-за нескольких уеб..в не имеет смысла. Глобальный чат можно закрыть, игрока, пишущего бред, можно отключить и не видеть его сообщения. В боевом вполне возможно сделать функцию отключения чата, если тебя раздражают сообщения.

Наверное, будет лучше решение добавить кнопку в настройках включить/выключить глобальный или боевой чат для особо ранимых на сообщения людей. Это будет выбор игрока.

нет не лучше
так как эта кнопка уже есть и чето она как то не работает

мы хотим убрать рупор у идиотов - так как большинство срущих в чатах это делают только потому что у них есть этот рупор

общайтесь со своей нацией. для общения с врагами есть дискорды и прочие каналы - в игре их больше не будет

36 minutes ago, amosblanco said:

Remove the toxicity by simply removing the channel in which the toxicity is found and spread is always a bad idea.

Its a great idea. why we have not removed it before i dont know. We no longer wish to provide free communication platform for shitheads. They will just be local clowns now. Only talking to their nation.

This is not our idea btw.. Its a player proposal. There are several guys here who we always listen to. It was proposed by them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

Talk to the nation :)

I understand that you view it as a mistake from your perspective. But from the game perspective it should be removed. No more free radio for haters and idiots. Currently they can talk to 11 nations FOR FREE and spread their shit around to ALL players in game. We are removing this ability

Killing chat for everyone for a small number of tard is counter productive, More when you got less than 800 player ( less with alt count)

Maybe you should bring back community moderator like we have in old day.

Don't give any 2Nd chance like most of time happen in tribunale....

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Lt Sekiro said:

Killing chat for everyone for a small number of tard is counter productive, More when you got less than 800 player ( less with alt count)

Maybe you should bring back community moderator like we have in old day.

Don't give any 2Nd chance like most of time happen in tribunale....

this would IMO be a much better suggestion.

To much 2nd chances are given in tribunal, should be 30 days chat ban if you're racisct, facist, homophobic etc in chat, with a Terms of Service acknowledge to enter the game, where the next is 6 month chat ban etc.

• Like 3

I think dropping global/battle/help chat is a very bad idea.

Players with multiple ALTs in different nations will still be able to sell their wares by cross chatting nations.

If dealing with reports (and I report excessively bad language) provide a different button for that and either ignore or have an automated system deal with it.

A blanket closure means I'll lose the opportunity for banter with someone in battle, and indeed the chance to provide advice for new players, again something I do.

I really dislike the idea, please think again. The fact that it's a player proposal doesn't mean it's a good idea, and how many of those players run ALT accounts and so will be less affected?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, hoarmurath said:

May i suggest you leave global and help chats on pve server? I doubt toxicity of chat was really an issue on peace... And many new players coming to peace try to grasp how the game works and have legit questions.

Yeah we actually almost never have shittalking on global except every few months when (pseudo)politics make it into chat. Which is over each time after like half an hour.

PS: how am I supposed to organize international events (as few volunteers as I get) without global? No chance for player-made content then.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac

If it’s toxicity that has been preventing Naval Action from really taking off and retaining new players, I’m curious how actual toxic games still manage to retain millions of players.   League of Legends, CoD or DOTA.  5 mins spent in the chat of those games is quite the experience.  Perhaps they retain thousands/millions of players daily despite truly awful player commentary for other reasons?  Dare I name them?

Removing battle and global chat would be yet another foolish decision in what seems like a downward trend of poor choices that has seen the game hemorrhage more and more veteran players that have stuck by you, Naval Action and helped fund future games labs products.  This is a slap in the face to them.  The select few players you listen to has not lead to the best overall decisions and experiences for the community, but it would seem less headaches and work for well... you. 

Let’s entertain that global and battle chat are indeed the toxic cesspools you say they are and let’s also forget the fact that this is a MMORPG with an emphasis on multiplayer.  I have very seldom seen a user online with the green text of a moderator since release.   Very seldom in general really in my 7000ish hours logged in Naval Action.  If the tools to moderate and clean up said toxic chat is at your disposal and they aren’t used properly or at all really.... is it really the community that is at fault?

• Like 14