Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming Alpha-5

Love the changes that will be implemented into the next alpha. I can't wait! 

That being said I would still like to see the range finders and other optics on the ships turn to face the enemy that is currently being engaged. After all, the turrets turn, why don't the range finders?

❤️

• Like 3

11 hours ago, shaitan said:

With respect to saving custom battle designs, and being able to design more than one type of vessel, would it be useful to work these two features together. Basically, have a separate design screen, whose sole purpose is to generate saved designs. Then for the custom battles screen, if you want to use a specific design, just point it to one of these pre-saved designs?

Exactly. Other side benefit would this framework might be best for allowing allied fleets - Java Sea, if at least by ship, if not by flag. Be possible to fight an Iowa verses an Iowa too.

15 hours ago, PainGod said:

Funnily enough, getting their bows ripped off seems to be something of a hallmark of the class, and a bit of a feature for WW2 US cruisers as a whole.

i think its dues to the armor. the bulkhead is decently thick. and the rest of the bow was probably just really thin.

5 hours ago, Shaftoe said:

I wonder why "Trento" and "Warrior" got special treatment. Hopefully, there will be more special hull designs later. I want hulls to build USN Omaha-class CLs

Warrior is ok since she bring more turrets whan two as all CA at the moment do. Trento? I wonder too. I'm much more interested in appearing Furutaka - a heavy cruiser with a displacement of less than 10k it's interesting.

• Like 1

Super excited for this update.I hope this doesnt sound rude or anything but I have a question.

Do you have any idea if or when we could get any news about improvements to the ship designer in the future? For example will placement of some objects like bridges for example become less restrictive in the future or will more tools be added to help design ship like a rotate tool or offset tool.

Sorry for any bad spelling or grammar.

Edited by Koogus
  • Like 2

This update sounds fantastic (cruisers are my jam 👀) but legit signed up just to ask: does Lyddite I really need buffs? Right now I'm slapping Lyddite I on anything as long as it's available due to its completely wild 57.5% flat damage buff. If you're willing to sacrifice a bit of speed to ensure that incoming fire doesn't overmatch your armor by x4* you're very unlikely to be ammo racked and in my experience there's always -some- part of the opposing design that goes under 10" in protection which opens it up to taking damage from any caliber 9"+ and with Lyddite I almost anything melts (or is damaged to the part where it might as well have) even when you're not fully penetrating.

In conclusion: the update sounds fantastic but Lyddite I in particular is kind of the ender of fleets (pretty strong) at the moment even with -50% penetration so just checking in to see if I'm crazy or what?

*Even if it's light ship where you can't: why wouldn't you equip it anyway? Even if your cruisers/destroyers go boom some are likely to survive and for as long as they do nasty things happen to whatever they're raining down on.

In this update, could we potentially we see a reduction in the minimum belt armour of a CA from 127mm to 25mm or even 0mm? This would allow us to accurately portray Washington cruisers such as the British County class (25mm belt), French Duquesne and first two members of the Suffren class (50mm belt), the Trentos and Japanese pretreaty scout cruisers such as Furutaka and Aoba (70-76mm) and, of course, the various American and Japanese cruisers which had 70-102mm belts. Sacrificing protection to remain within displacement margins and relying on tight subdivision to avoid battle damage was a real - if not great - idea and should be an option for us to pursue.

7 hours ago, Shiki said:

In this update, could we potentially we see a reduction in the minimum belt armour of a CA from 127mm to 25mm or even 0mm? This would allow us to accurately portray Washington cruisers such as the British County class (25mm belt), French Duquesne and first two members of the Suffren class (50mm belt), the Trentos and Japanese pretreaty scout cruisers such as Furutaka and Aoba (70-76mm) and, of course, the various American and Japanese cruisers which had 70-102mm belts. Sacrificing protection to remain within displacement margins and relying on tight subdivision to avoid battle damage was a real - if not great - idea and should be an option for us to pursue.

Agreed. Noticed that too trying to build a Takao.

2 minutes ago, Shaftoe said:

Welp, boys. Today is the day - alpha 5 is supposed to be rolled out some time very soon.

Unless there are some unannounced delays, of course... 

I think nick is still asleep so probs come out around midday today or a little before or after i reckon.

Otherwise *shurgs*.

34 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

Can't wait to build my Sovetskaya Rossiya :D

Ahh man of culture i see 'w'

I hope they put in stalingrads hull and kremlins along with 19-22inch guns so i can build miss moscow \'w'/

33 minutes ago, KiltedKey said:

Where the heck did you find that it was supposed to come out today? I haven't read anything about a concrete release date yet.

Read nicks first post it should be there. Also its only coming today if nothing fudges up in the meantime.

34 minutes ago, KiltedKey said:

Where the heck did you find that it was supposed to come out today? I haven't read anything about a concrete release date yet.

Just now, Cptbarney said:

Ahh man of culture i see 'w'

I hope they put in stalingrads hull and kremlins along with 19-22inch guns so i can build miss moscow \'w'/

Read nicks first post it should be there. Also its only coming today if nothing fudges up in the meantime.

No, he's right. I think the OP was edited, it makes no mention about the release window for the new version.

57 minutes ago, KiltedKey said:

On games steam page where info about latest patch was also released. I tried to link but something goes wrong. So I took screenshot on the bottom of announcement.

image.thumb.png.9b075e4e595a92787fa6c8ce7c674f69.png

Last sentence:

"Today, we will make the internal test version, and if all is fine, we will release on Monday. We shall keep you updated!"

Edit: But ofc this may have changed and they updated here but not on steam announcement.

Edited by Dirlinger

1 minute ago, PainGod said:

No, he's right. I think the OP was edited, it makes no mention about the release window for the new version.

Oh.

I would read what dirlinger put however. That was what the message was before it got removed.

1 minute ago, Dirlinger said:

On steam on date info about upcoming patch was released:

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791465521828/announcements/detail/1689348669650620670

Last sentence:

"Today, we will make the internal test version, and if all is fine, we will release on Monday. We shall keep you updated!"

Edit: But ofc this may have changed and they updated here but not on steam announcement.

Just now, Cptbarney said:

Oh.

I would read what dirlinger put however. That was what the message was before it got removed.

The above mentioned changes are not absolutely final, as we continue to add improvements. The update is soon going to receive internal testing, and if all is working right, we estimate to release it next week.