Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming Alpha-5

sorry,

32 minutes ago, Steeltrap said:

Excuse me? What, other than seemingly pretending you know more than most in this forum, does it matter what the usual purpose of seacocks and flood valves are? Do I need to list them?

Are we discussing the usual uses of them?

Can they be used to scuttle the ship?

Were they used in that fashion?

Is any OTHER use relevant to the discussion of scuttling a ship?

You can be as "sorry to tell me" as you like, but the only thing to apologise over is mentioning their usual uses at all in a way that is both entirely irrelevant AND condescending.

not my intention to be pretencious or condescending, i even dont know how to do it, and if you are offended i do sincerelly apologice...just stating a reality i live and i do work with sailors...

i guess i dont know much more than you know, even i guess you know more than me...but i thought by the way you stated that you were giving then this function as inherent to they, which is uttely incorrect...

In fact using cocks and valves is a sloooow way of selfsinking the ship with the high risk of being salvaged before it happens. (u505?)

I'm sure we are not discussing on seavalves, cause  what you reallly want is the option to scuttle the vessels you are commanding, but, please, because I do not agree with you dont mean i bear anything against you or even think on showing any disrespect to you.

In fact this is my second "sorry to tell you", the first one being about drydocks...and in both cases the porpouse is  the same...I know you know, so i try to respectfully convey it to you... with no fortune at all as i can see .

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

Ah!!, I almost forgot... I´m sorry to tell you that, contrary to what most of the people think, sea cocks and flood valves are not intended for scuttling the ship...that by means of manipulating them you could do that is another matter...

The best way to scuttle a ship if you're not sinking it from external sources, is with explosives internally (I know how to do this:D).  You're quite right that opening a few cocks would take FOREVER.  However, this is a game and we can simulate a scuttle function with one click.  The fact that you CAN scuttle a ship in RL means that we should be able to do it in game.  The vector doesn't really matter unless Devs want to get into fancy coding. 

10 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The best way to scuttle a ship if you're not sinking it from external sources, is with explosives internally (I know how to do this:D).  You're quite right that opening a few cocks would take FOREVER.  However, this is a game and we can simulate a scuttle function with one click.  The fact that you CAN scuttle a ship in RL means that we should be able to do it in game.  The vector doesn't really matter unless Devs want to get into fancy coding. 

well...so then the option to capture a vessel should be in...if not there will be no purpouse on scuttling the ship...

1 minute ago, Dan Dare said:

if not there will be no purpouse on scuttling the ship...

The main purpose in scuttling a ship is for when the wife says "get off the @#$%^&! computer!"  Because it's still a game.

2 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

well...so then the option to capture a vessel should be in...

Sure, why not? But again, that could be part of the simulation.  The game says "you have successfully captured the Ark Royal", and you get some nice bonus (or a great graphic).  It's up to the Devs if you actually end up with another ship in your dock.

• Like 1

I think capturing an abandoned ship would be cool. I mean it is cost friendly. And in the Russo-Japanese war the japanese tried to repair the sunken enemy ships, then the japanese used them. So in my opinion capturing, and repairing (then using) enemy ships would be cool and budget friendly.

• Like 1