Game-Labs Forum

Where did you 'discover' naval action?

First time i saw it was when i just randomly found it when looking for a pirate game, but i didnt pay any attention to it then, i bought it because i saw a couple of youtube videos and it looked amazing(maybe 1 or 2 months later)

All I can say is WTH (what the HELL). I have been playing Ultimate Gettysburg (having purchased this a while ago) but this game - absolutely no clue it was out there by the same developer. No announcement that I heard at all !!!!!!!. Darth if you are reading this you need to send emails out to us players of Ultimate Gettysburg and let us know about your new projects. I would have purchased this months ago had I known about this. The only reason I discovered this game (which has always had a soft spot in my heart having played a lot of the previous age of sail titles from so many years ago) was I was checking YouTube on my phone and I noticed a video by "Sidestrafe" (great name by the way :-) ). Having watched a few videos I knew I would like this  game  for sure although right now my graphics card failed (back to using a 295GTX  which is o.k but its only directx 10 not 11 - damm) and I am waiting for the next set of graphics cards to come out from AMD - hopefully soon. I am so looking forward to playing this. Thank you "Sidestrafe" for your videos. I look forward to now following this game and joining everyone soon. 

First came across it on You Tube. Can't be sure whose channel it was but I suspect it was probably Thhe Mighty Jingles as I quite often check in there and watch a WOT or Warthunder video. Don't actually play them but I do enjoy watching good battles. What struck me about NA was both the visual quality of the graphics and the fact that somebody was trying to get the sailing and cannon physics right.

Meister Ramjb showed me it for the first time and it really surprised me. From the old days of pirates of the carribean game, which then was beautifull, I have always been somewhat searching for another game like it.

First sighting was the youtube video by Mighty Jingles, saw that in that vid Ramjb, Sidestrafe and Bismarck where there and watched couple of their videos and next thing I know I was pre-ordering. This game hit the nail for me!