Game-Labs Forum

DLC Ship different countdown for seasoned woods

I was thinking that maybe, to give more value to crafted ship, could be nice to have a different countdown for dlc ship with seasoned wood and dlc with normal woods. Maybe just making a copy, in the dlc window, for every ship seasoned/ not seasoned and in the first case the countdown could be a week. 

If I'm not wrong some dlc could be used only every month, so maybe could work without making mad the devs 

What do you think? 

Edited by Conte D. Catellani
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

I was thinking that maybe, to give more value to crafted ship, could be nice to have a different countdown for dlc ship with seasoned wood and dlc with normal woods. Maybe just making a copy, in the dlc window, for every ship seasoned/ not seasoned and in the first case the countdown could be a week. 

If I'm not wrong some dlc could be used only every month, so maybe could work without making mad the devs 

What do you think? 

I wish it was like this :

1) Redeem a DLC ship anytime with normal woods 

2) Redeem a DLC ship blueprint for crafting it with seasoned woods

but that ship has long since sailed...

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 7:33 AM, AeRoTR said:

I wish it was like this :

1) Redeem a DLC ship anytime with normal woods 

2) Redeem a DLC ship blueprint for crafting it with seasoned woods

but that ship has long since sailed...

They just need to make S woods easier to get.

• Like 3

Clearly S woods were introduced to give value to DLC ships w/o relying on port bonuses. The bonuses given by S woods are comparable to the effect of the port bonus (can we agree on that?).

So, imho devs need to be brave and take the logical next step by implementing the following:

• DLC ships do not get port bonuses at all, S woods can be chosen when redeeming DLC ships
  • S woods are not available for crafting, or at least cannot be produced, but drop here and there as rare loot, enough to build some freaky frigates, but not enough for building bigger ships. Remove sheds, but give some handsome compensation.
  • DLC ships cannot be broken (S wood black market), only sold 

This will not hurt either veterans or beginners (beginners might even profit, I suppose). This will mean a reasonable balance between quality of DLC and crafted ships, with crafted ships being a bit better I suppose. I am a casual player and rely both on DLC ships and crafted ships. So, I want both to remain viable solution.

Additional benefit: grinding S woods is a debilitating exercise. Lot of effort and craft hrs go into that S(hite) wood (and will be, cause this is gear-driven game). Would not it be better if players to be encouraged to invest all those hrs and mats into building more ships and using them, instead of wasting their in-game time for acquiring S woods. 

@ devs. DLC ships will remain attractive option even with the above changes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My suggestion is to make all DLC ships in standard woods, but the player has the option to provide the seasoned wood himself, then he gets his ship seasoned.

This would place the burden of crafting s-woods on all, breaking up ships wouldn't be the way of getting cheap seasoned wood anymore, and the DLC owner still gets his ship with good woods without any crafting effort. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

Clearly S woods were introduced to give value to DLC ships w/o relying on port bonuses. The bonuses given by S woods are comparable to the effect of the port bonus (can we agree on that?).

So, imho devs need to be brave and take the logical next step by implementing the following:

• DLC ships do not get port bonuses at all, S woods can be chosen when redeeming DLC ships
  • S woods are not available for crafting, or at least cannot be produced, but drop here and there as rare loot, enough to build some freaky frigates, but not enough for building bigger ships. Remove sheds, but give some handsome compensation.
  • DLC ships cannot be broken (S wood black market), only sold 

This will not hurt either veterans or beginners (beginners might even profit, I suppose). This will mean a reasonable balance between quality of DLC and crafted ships, with crafted ships being a bit better I suppose. I am a casual player and rely both on DLC ships and crafted ships. So, I want both to remain viable solution.

Additional benefit: grinding S woods is a debilitating exercise. Lot of effort and craft hrs go into that S(hite) wood (and will be, cause this is gear-driven game). Would not it be better if players to be encouraged to invest all those hrs and mats into building more ships and using them, instead of wasting their in-game time for acquiring S woods. 

@ devs. DLC ships will remain attractive option even with the above changes. 

why should DLC ships be inherently weaker than crafted (or note) ships? No, put the (s) woods on the same RNG as the other bonuses and call it a day.

33 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

why should DLC ships be inherently weaker than crafted (or note) ships? No, put the (s) woods on the same RNG as the other bonuses and call it a day.

Who says they need to be weaker? All I am saying is that DLC ships have S woods and crafted ships port bonuses. That way specs of DLC and crafted ships are quite comparable and both have value. 

7 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

Who says they need to be weaker? All I am saying is that DLC ships have S woods and crafted ships port bonuses. That way specs of DLC and crafted ships are quite comparable and both have value. 

You can craft ships with (S) woods in ports with bonuses. If you deny port bonuses to DLC ships, then they are inherently weaker than a comparable crafted ship that will have port bonuses. 
Put (S) woods on the same RNG as the port bonuses and other perks on the DLC ships, and leave it at that. 

9 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Actually, the DLC's include a statement to the effect of "Game-Labs can make future changes to the DLC at their discretion". 

just to throw in a loose stick ......

development can decide that dlc are not allowed in pb.....for example  (low sec/high sec-  high sec /low sec limitation eve(l) thoughts)

now i  must go hide very quick..(at the back of the sun)

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

development can decide that dlc are not allowed in pb.....for example  (low sec/high sec-  high sec /low sec limitation eve(l) thoughts)

why? People should sail whatever they like to. From Cutter to Santi. What good will limitations do to the game?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

For me is also difficult to understand what we could do with Sabiuc, Bermuda Ceddar and Caguairan

Bermuda Ceddar is for fast hunters. 

Caguairan is a cheeper white oak (put in game when LO & WO were only available by purchasing in a limited number of ports).

Same, sabicu is a cheaper live oak.

Caguairan and sabicu are no more that useful now, but there is no particular reason to remove them from game.

41 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

Bermuda Ceddar is for fast hunters. 

Caguairan is a cheeper white oak (put in game when LO & WO were only available by purchasing in a limited number of ports).

Same, sabicu is a cheaper live oak.

Caguairan and sabicu are no more that useful now, but there is no particular reason to remove them from game.

Many thanks for the explanation o7

2 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

why? People should sail whatever they like to. From Cutter to Santi. What good will limitations do to the game?

-     ------------------------------------------------------            

13 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Actually, the DLC's include a statement to the effect of "Game-Labs can make future changes to the DLC at their discretion". 

-     -----------------------------------------------------

under what kind of blanket did you crawl underneath from 

tell me .....how much ports can you make?  how many buildings ? how many ships? ......or can you only count to 2 ?

its not about what you can sail...... it's about what you could not be allowed to in the future perhaps....

ps. it is not the case atm...... but can always be in place if necessary...let it be understood very clearly.

Edited by Thonys