Game-Labs Forum

Veteran clans RESPONSABILITY

Celtiberofrog

Hi all,

Would it not be the time for "veteran clans" to settle in different Factions ?

Everybody can witness that any Faction that includes several active "veteran clans", is enjoying larger RvR possibilities.

Within our small +/-400 players tank, I guess the RvR health depends on players before the Dev's.

So, if we imagine that any Faction could include an active "veteran clan", then the RvR might look something more lively & thrilling.

Message to large Faction:

Would you sacrifice your playerbase for the health of other Factions & therefore for more balanced RvR potential ?

Would you consider recommending some of your clans to settle in other Factions ?

Don't you think that experienced players & clans could have a greater influence to improve RvR content ? 

Message to experienced players & clans:

Would you sacrifice your fun & wealth to settle in a small Faction (like HAVOC did) for the sake of war server health ?

Thx for possible comments

• Like 2

"isnt it the devs responsibility to fix this balance between nations, or have i missed the point?"

Well,

Some of us are following the Dev's for years.

We know that NA can be ideally fixed in very long run.

In the meantime we (the players) have to cope with what we have.

Just hoping that the experienced players that love the game, might have a much stronger influence in RvR balance, only by their acts.

We want the RvR to get better for all, veteran clans have the power to disturb the current unbalanced situation.

Edited by Celtiberofrog

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

Why should ANY clan that is established in a nation switch to build up a nation? There is no reason to do so.

For example, FR & ESP Factions are sadly lacking of active "veteran clans",

One experienced group of players in a Faction can really change the motivation of that Faction community.

Its everyone choice to choose nation no doubt, but if most of the pvp french and spanish guys go to russia, then it should be expected these nations will slowly die and wont hold newcomers because no one will properly teach them how to play the game. This community is killing itself

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

So just to be clear here...

This is just a request for russian clans to go to other nations yeah?

@Celtiberofrog maybe you should convince your previous group to go back to spain and make it great again.

that is partially right, but I know several cases like the one you mention.

5 minutes ago, Forbin said:

And what about all small weak clans in these nations joigning in just one big clan to become stronger ? Levelling up is better thant levelling down.

How do you think this would help ? I dont know but 2 small bad clans in pvp if make just 1 clan wont make them stronger in battle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Out of experience it is just not viable for clans to change nation anymore.

The cost of HAVOC changing nation:

~450.000 Dubs

~1000 CM

~35 million reals for buildings

and the cost of DLC. Is so crazy this prizes, changing nation needs a fix.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Despe said:

and the cost of DLC. Is so crazy this prizes, changing nation needs a fix.

Would be good if there is option to change nation for ingame currency (Changing to "weaker nation" - lower cost, changing to "stronger nation" - higher cost)

Nation strength could be only determined by position on conquest leaderboard, there is no other solution i guess

• Like 1

New function: clan changing nation, including controlled ports and investments. Not including players, they need to switch nations as usual if they want to follow. 

This would cause massive chaos, but hey! More chaos means more exiting fights, right?

Edited by van Veen

16 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Quantity doesnt make quality.

Trash will always be trash, no matter if it is on a single bin or in a big container.

A big container falling on your foot is far more painfull than a single bin :)

So, "good" clans should leave all their assets at very high cost (and no magic trick like Havoc with San Juan) to go and play with "trash" players, in a nation where they have no ports, no real friends to go in RvR with ? Only consequence would be a lower playerbase. 

Quality comes when players gather themselves and learn to play together, to play as a nation and not a bunch of clans. Plus, there are good players everywhere, in every nations, if they gather in one clan they can teach their knowledge more easily.

I was just asking, you don't like my question, nevermind :)

6 minutes ago, Forbin said:

So, "good" clans should leave all their assets at very high cost (and no magic trick like Havoc with San Juan) to go and play with "trash" players, in a nation where they have no ports, no real friends to go in RvR with ? Only consequence would be a lower playerbase. 

Quality comes when players gather themselves and learn to play together, to play as a nation and not a bunch of clans. Plus, there are good players everywhere, in every nations, if they gather in one clan they can teach their knowledge more easily.

Implying they won't just all die and squabble after the first defeat.

15 minutes ago, Forbin said:

There will always be good and bad players, thats a fact (all respect to all). There are players who play the game for years, but They are not so good and if you cant get better in few years, i doubt you ever get good.Its actually you who choose the easier way (exacly as you say you dont want to play with trash players). If everyone thought like you then all pvp guys are in Russia, and you see fun in fighting "trash" players ? 

Edited by o7Captain

I think the whole switching nation system is done in a strange way, it works for individual players (sort of) but not for clans. As others have suggested before, a civil war system could be a better way to do it. I would want an additional DLC item you buy every time you need to switch nation, but it is used by the clan leader to switch the entire clan to a different nation, with all their buildings and ports. With a longer cooldown than only 30 days, maybe 90 days. 

I think all these issues tie in with the lack of diplomatic features, lack of consequences for actions by nations or actions in war; good or bad. Most content and too much content depends entirely on players and have no game features to back them up. If players are going to declare alliances, peace, ceases of fire, cooperate with other nations or clans from other nations; then the game needs to provide ways to do that instead of forcing people to do it from outside the game. There is no point in forcing players to do anything that makes no sense to them, cause they will always find the way around if there is one. Motivating players to do what's best for a better game/server is key, forcing things or making them stupidly difficult will never work well. 

51 minutes ago, Forbin said:

And what about all small weak clans in these nations joigning in just one big clan to become stronger ? Levelling up is better thant levelling down.

We saw so many intentions, it worked but did not last long, you know how hard it is to get clans as friendly as to merge together.

But you know Faction in critical down stream, the few remaining clans are usually not active enough to sustain content.

Alliances, whether between clans or nations, allowing multi national port battle participation is the only way to move forward without asking admin to take 4 steps back in development. Thinking a civil war mechanic, no matter how awesome it might be when used as intended, wont be abused by alts at some point is lunacy. Paid DLC forged papers and port investments closed the door on the player base for mobility between nations, i highly doubt it was unintentional. This was all said many times when most of the people who commented here in this thread demanded REDS break up and switch nations "for the sake of the game"Just read @rediii 's post from the first page and ask yourself if you're willing to put that kind of time and effort in for uncertain returns. Alliances and allies in PBs allows balance of power without balance of population which is unattainable in the current iteration of the game.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 4

The hardcore game, the bonus ports, the high costs and the low rewards, all that and more have unbalanced the game in relation to the factions. If a new player just enters the game look at the map, where do you think he is going to go, to Poland, Spain, France? No, he will go to Russia or Holland. It is logical, people choose the winning horse. So or this, and less and less players or alliances, that allow some balance and therefore a more fun game. There's no more.