Game-Labs Forum

Ganking Meta destroyes the Game

Ganking Meta destroyes the Game,

yesterday I was followed for 5 hours by players in fir fir who had 10 times BR, the question is who should have fun with a game which has such a hello kittying ganking mechanink. If that were the case, if only the double BR join could, I would take this Fir Fir idiots apart with my Teak White Endy.

But no, it is just left and the gank simply destroys the gameplay and keeps on yelling at the number of players.

THE GANK >>>>>>>>>>>>

• Like 3

What's weird is you've been here a while but this post makes it seem, possibly unfairly, that you just now came to this conclusion.

Before the OW was even a thing Doran told me sandbox=gankbox.

Do you like the idea of sandbox?

• Like 1

Followed for 5 hrs?

I would have logged off.  I usually have work, chores or other real life .......

Get some friends in game: they will come out and help you to tune up those gankers.

I have been playing for about 5 years and almost always sail alone.   Once I was followed for about 1/2 hour. 

I get sunk sometimes, usually when I'm careless, but mostly in dangerous waters.

.....5 hours is way too long to be chased.

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

I have been playing for about 5 years and almost always sail alone.   Once I was followed for about 1/2 hour. 

What ship you usually in?, 

5 years of sailing alone and you been followed for 1/2 hour? then either you are sailing crap ship that nobody wants to chase or you are sailing around in circles in corner of the map.

9 hours ago, Schwedischer Pöbel said:

Ganking Meta destroyes the Game,

yesterday I was followed for 5 hours by players in fir fir who had 10 times BR, the question is who should have fun with a game which has such a hello kittying ganking mechanink. If that were the case, if only the double BR join could, I would take this Fir Fir idiots apart with my Teak White Endy.

But no, it is just left and the gank simply destroys the gameplay and keeps on yelling at the number of players.

THE GANK >>>>>>>>>>>>

Welcome to my world...😉

Was it by any chance clan SHOCK?😂 they love to gank like that. Actually never seen them in a successfull 1 v 1 so probably can't blame them.

P.s

Ganking is not meta, it's always been around and always will be as long as mechanics allow it. People don't just don't notice it until they start hunting alone.

Edited by cursed monkey

32 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

whats worse? Being chased for 5 hours without surrendering or chasing someone for 5 hours without logging off?

1 guy spending 5 hours trying to save probably purple ship with very nice upgrades compared to 5 guys chasing spending 5 hours each (25 hours combined)...

probably resulting they not even captured the ship but got 1 kill and 4 assist...😂

Tough one, loose loose situation i would say.

Edited by cursed monkey

You should not go solo hunt in a teak/white oak Endymion, period. Simply because you are way to slow. Soon as a gank group is formed you are screwed. Teak/White oak is for group battles or pve. Or 1 v 1 battles where no risc of involvement from others. (Solo patrol zone etc).

You should not go solo hunt in fir/fir either because you are simply too weak to handle bigger ships. Fir/fir only a valid option if you are only interesting in attacking trade ships or other smaller ships. (Unless you are very skilled and opponent is not, then of course fir/fir can beat any wood).

So my advise... (if you are not willing to risc bringing purple/gold teak/teak very fast ship with all the best speed upgrades etc) 

... is to go in a ship that you don't care about loosing.

Edited by cursed monkey
  • Like 1

I'll tell You a story from yesterday La Mona patrol :)

Sailing towards Solo Patrol Zone with my freshly redeemed Pandora. No upgrades, Medium Guns - just to close the day, and pass the 70k DMG mark.

Then, I see a pirate Pandora there! However, for absolutely no reason, he starts to run away from from the SP. 
I was bit lighter (as I didn't even care to take any repairs ;) ) so I got him half a minute later.

There he is -  a guy from WTF 
Asking him "Man, why do You run away from SP if we both have exactly same ship, both beeing useless DLC crap?"

At this very moment he gots reinforced by a Rattvisan :D

No wonder WTF are so shit and can't learn anything after so many years :)

Edited by OjK
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, cursed monkey said:

You should not go solo hunt in a teak/white oak Endymion, period. Simply because you are way to slow. Soon as a gank group is formed you are screwed. Teak/White oak is for group battles or pve. Or 1 v 1 battles where no risc of involvement from others. (Solo patrol zone etc).

You should not go solo hunt in fir/fir either because you are simply too weak to handle bigger ships. Fir/fir only a valid option if you are only interesting in attacking trade ships or other smaller ships. (Unless you are very skilled and opponent is not, then of course fir/fir can beat any wood).

So my advise... (if you are not willing to risc bringing purple/gold teak/teak very fast ship with all the best speed upgrades etc) 

... is to go in a ship that you don't care about loosing.

Fir/fir is fine. Especially for fighting things larger than yourself. Fir/fir snow and BP are lovely. Lrn2sterncamp

1 minute ago, John Cavanaugh said:

Fir/fir is fine. Especially for fighting things larger than yourself. Fir/fir snow and BP are lovely. Lrn2sterncamp

Fir/fir is indeed fine if you aiming to only battle trade ships or sterncamp noobs. Try fir/fir against someone who knows what they doing and you get smashed.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, OjK said:

Sailing towards Solo Patrol Zone with my freshly redeemed Pandora. No upgrades, Medium Guns - just to close the day, and pass the 70k DMG mark.

Then, I see a pirate Pandora there! However, for absolutely no reason, he starts to run away from from the SP. 
I was bit lighter (as I didn't even care to take any repairs ;) ) so I got him half a minute later.

Asking him "Man, why do You run away from SP if we both have exactly same ship, both beeing useless DLC crap?"

lol, NA in a nutshell.... 😂😂😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

What does one intend to do alone in an endymion like yours? smash weaker targets with overwhelming force! you think that´s a lot of fun for your opponent in his cerberus he might not even know to handle properly? ganking-meta doesn´t destroy the game, ship-meta does.

You remind me of Trump. Everything you just wrote is stupid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OjK said:

100% confirmd.

7 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

My experience is that usually those who complain about being ganked are the ones who love to gank others.

Everybody (almost) loves to gank others, and since everybody not complaining we know it's not true.

Edited by cursed monkey

You know how to quickly determine if it's actually a proper player on the other side?

If someone dares to tag and attack the ship of the higher rate then the one he is sailing, You probably encountered someone from 10% of proper playerbase.

2 minutes ago, OjK said:

You know how to quickly determine if it's actually a proper player on the other side?

If someone dares to tag and attack the ship of the higher rate then the one he is sailing, You probably encountered someone from 10% of proper playerbase.

Agree, but requin and 6th rates don't count.😉

Edited by cursed monkey