Game-Labs Forum

Return of the Trade Goods

There needs to be a return of trade good values. Currently, moving anything with trade goods is not profitable in comparison to economy missions. As the game stands economy missions are an easy and almost no financial risk means of earning reals quickly. Most nights a person can make 500k with no issue. While most trade goods you tend to earn that sort of money after doing a four to eight hour trip making it a waste of time in comparison to economy missions. The game should be set up where economy missions should be a very low risk modest return financially, while on the other hand selling trade goods should have high risk very high rewards. Trade goods selling value needs to increase at least by three to make any journey worth the trip in comparison of doing some economy missions. 

• Like 8

Indeed. Give us trade goods that provide high risk and high reward. As it is, it's just "deliver this half way across the world for a profit." It just does not compare to a simple delivery within our own borders...altho, some more rewarding missions take us into neighboring national waters.

My fear is asking for balance between missions and trade econ will result in mission being nerfed hardcore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Currently, moving anything with trade goods is not profitable in comparison to economy missions. 

I pulled out this key words cause the fact they are still profitable. You might not make the same as the delivery missions that are at no lost to you unless you get sunk.  I always pick up goods when I have space in my ships and I almost always make  50% profits and to me that is profitable.   This is only short runs too.  No one should be easly making a million with one tabaco run like the old days, it takes money to make money.   I'm sure if you get the right goods you will make way more money than some of the delivery runs.  Running around with two indmans I make pretty good money with delivery misisons true, but I also make money with trade goods.  

PS I lost a Trader Brig the other day when a british tagged my alt doing a delivery mission.  Lost a ship so there is still risk, but hay trader brigs are a dime a dozen.  Yes if that was trade goods I would of lost more as I would of had my backing money in the goods.  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

26 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I pulled out this key words cause the fact they are still profitable. You might not make the same as the delivery missions that are at no lost to you unless you get sunk.  I always pick up goods when I have space in my ships and I almost always make  50% profits and to me that is profitable.   This is only short runs too.  No one should be easly making a million with one tabaco run like the old days, it takes money to make money.   I'm sure if you get the right goods you will make way more money than some of the delivery runs.  Running around with two indmans I make pretty good money with delivery misisons true, but I also make money with trade goods.  

PS I lost a Trader Brig the other day when a british tagged my alt doing a delivery mission.  Lost a ship so there is still risk, but hay trader brigs are a dime a dozen.  Yes if that was trade goods I would of lost more as I would of had my backing money in the goods.  

I highlighted the main problem, few will trade goods (risk) when more can be made with almost no risk (ok capped AI trade brig).

In most games higher risk translates to higher reward (profit).

Personally i think delivery missions should be less profitable for reals than trading goods.

I must be wrong as they have had 3 years of testing, so plenty of time to get balance right.

Tradegoods need to be more profitable than they are now. But what is with battle income. If i have done a battle the reward und between 10k-15k for 10-20mins in battle so lets way 15min Battletime plus the time to find the fight another 10mins and the way back to the Port. That will be around 35mins for 10-15k Reals. Think about that.

• Like 2

@admin please revive normal trading. Let people assemble indiaman fleets with good profit high risk.

3-4 indiaman full of trade goods, plus cost of ships, is a very high risk. Not like wandering around with cheap tbrigs full of cargo missions. 

I assure you lots of people played the game of real cargo hauling with trade goods, but not anymore. Make active zones more profitable, so high risk, high reward. 

Please... 

• Like 4

I believe we also reportedly found that trade good value actually went down upon release. which is concerning.

Trade goods should be the #1 best way to make Reals when it comes to PvE activities and the risk associated with using your own cash for profit.

• Like 2

NA is a good game.  I can't be all things to all people.  They only have a couple Devs.

I would love it if trading was integrated with national strength.  Ports needed goods to function.  The more goods that are traded the higher the port production.  Prices and quantities of shop goods could vary depending on demand.  Dynamic  trading would appeal to me.  Scarcity creates opportunity.  For any kind of purposeful trading we must have shortages of stuff. 

The problem is that interesting trading confuses some players and they get upset because they want very simple and fast mechanics to get wealth.  And they want access to stuff immediately ... always.   They need Reals and Doubloons to fight.  Delays create boredom for some people.  They just don't want to wait ... at all.

I think the Devs are trying to compromise.  Eco Missions satisfy lots of players and get them sailing in OW.

10 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

NA is a good game.  I can't be all things to all people.  They only have a couple Devs.

I would love it if trading was integrated with national strength.  Ports needed goods to function.  The more goods that are traded the higher the port production.  Prices and quantities of shop goods could vary depending on demand.  Dynamic  trading would appeal to me.  Scarcity creates opportunity.  For any kind of purposeful trading we must have shortages of stuff. 

The problem is that interesting trading confuses some players and they get upset because they want very simple and fast mechanics to get wealth.  And they want access to stuff immediately ... always.   They need Reals and Doubloons to fight.  Delays create boredom for some people.  They just don't want to wait ... at all.

I think the Devs are trying to compromise.  Eco Missions satisfy lots of players and get them sailing in OW.

So, do not remove the trading missions, but implement some trading activities that would worth even more, if they are made in Indianmen... We can see only Traders Brigs in OW, and most of them are captured ones.

Edited by Aquillas

On 7/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, Macjimm said:

I like most of what you said here.  But IMO I think your first line (bold) might be misleading.  Because honestly it don't matter if there's only 2 devs, this piece of the game has already been coded before and used to be working just fine.  They messed up what was already working.  So they just need to return trading to the glory days it used to have.  I like so many others am so disappointed with the trading game now, and because of that I hardly even play anymore, not much more than just log in, and can't motivate myself to trade, which I used to enjoy immensely (on both servers).  As you said there is "interesting" trading, and that's an enjoyable game/hobby for those that like it.  No need to destroy delivery missions for those that want to get right back to fighting.  Just re-fix the open trading game.