Game-Labs Forum

Patch 30: General feedback

5 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I'm actually thinking that this might push newer players away from the capitol.  

This was ever tested before. I remember a post by admins which spoke about how many new players left game before levelling up. 

New players don't leave capital areas. They leave the game if they can't face the hardcore ganking.

• Like 2

Just now, Eleazar de Damas said:

This was ever tested before. I remember a post by admins which spoke about how many new players left game before levelling up. 

New players don't leave capital areas. They leave the game if they can't face the hardcore ganking.

They need guidance.  I tell any new player I talk to in Pirate nation to stay away from MT.  The game should guide them at start up.  The new "Welcome to the Caribbean" tutorial will be a perfect place to give advice.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

I've no problem with the removal of reinforcements, which were useless anyway (not used by new players, not the best mechanism for vets).

But I failed to understand what "necessary precautions" players have to take for preparing. Make relax exercises? 

Useless?, tell that to the X-number of players who did not have their ships captured/sunk by me in reinforcement zone. 😉

Edited by Costa de Castilla
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Really?  So crafters get shafted once more?  Level 3 shipyards aren’t cheap and you took away a easy source of them for crafted with the missions changes.  Think I’m just going to wait for release.  Tired of grinding stupid stuff out. If your going to wipe stuff than do it properly.

And still no proper map reset that is needed?

Going have to see how much numbers drop now therr is no longer any gank free zones.  Guess we all can go to level up over on the peace server since crafting

Did you read? you get the Reals worth of your builings back. Just rebuild them

2 hours ago, admin said:

All buildings were wiped this patch

Nice to see a patch deployed earlier than first expected, but wiping the buildings without warning!!! I was planning to harvest some materials when I logged in today only to find I now have to rebuild my farms and then wait till the resources generate.

Also disappointed that you choose not to reimburse doubloons for shipyards while at the same time reducing ways of getting doubloons with the letter delivery change. Why not leave letter delivery in for doubloons and add cargo delivery for Reals as well?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Thanks @admin, there was a lot of player input to those.  Now.....ROE.  C'mon, we can have this done right.  5 minutes max....

Nope, now, with R-Zones gone, this system provides a fair amount of Protection

So at least initially.

Anyone can tell or show us the new missions and there rewards?

From at least the description it sounds like there are very few doubloon reward missions now.

Things i greatly miss

1. Woods and resources in npc traders

2. Good doubloon loot from npc ships

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Routan said:

The R-Zone have little value with the new RoE. Basicly it was only good for saling safe. When ever you attacked somebody with a lower BR, you where basicly a sitting duck, so think new player will be as safe as before.

The R-Zone only had little value to people who attacked AI in it, to others it was a safe area where you could sail more relaxed. It was always nice at the end of a long trading run to see that green icon pop up over your compass letting you know you were in home waters and though not entirely safe any attacker would think twice about attacking you due to the reinforcements you could call.

Now I fully expect to see a fleet of enemy first rates sitting just outside KPR Capital zone taunting people and clubbing any new player who tries to leave. I am not sure about other capital zones but for KPR it does not extend out past the approach channel, leaving it with a very narrow small capital zone which can easily be blockaded. And yes I know people will say, go out there and fight them, but we have seen it before where the attackers turn up with an organised fleet ready to fight and rejoice as they smash a quickly assembled pick up group of players in ships not ready for battle. Eventually all the experienced nation players move away from the capital leaving it as a seal clubbing heaven, with cries from new players that no one in their nation helps them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, admin said:

+

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/28456-exciting-times-ahead-pre-release-wipes-information/

there were warnings. Pre-release there will be a series of data resets or resource withdrawals.

But you said the patch was early next week. Its not a biggie and I am more disappointed about the changes to the delivery missions than not getting a few resources today.

13 minutes ago, Routan said:

Tag a low npc and they where a sitting duck.

What are the chances that I would actually find the battle in reinforcement in which my enemy tag a low npc (meaning battle over in 5 minutes). Even if I do find a battle that I can join, more often I spawn far enough for opponent to be able to exit before I get into gun range. 

The times when I am succesfull there is when I enter a battle and enemy is not paying attention,  before it's too late. 

12 minutes ago, Liq said:

Id rather adjust patrol roe more instead if removing R zone

Don't worry we will eventually be presented with some statistics showing how removal of the zones led to thousands more PvP battles and how it was a success, but failing to mention that majority of those PvP battles were clubbing new players. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Don't worry we will eventually be presented with some statistics showing how removal of the zones led to thousands more PvP battles and how it was a success, but failing to mention that majority of those PvP battles were clubbing new players. 

we have not found that R zones gave any positive benefit for online growth, retention or number of pvp battles. And by the way: on release people were generally happier (even with camped capitals) and we did not even had capital protected areas then. 

Edited by admin
  • Like 1

Just now, Graf Bernadotte said:

@admin

Does it still make a difference for the drop chance of purple or golden ships in which port the shipyard is after removal of reinforcement zones?

captureable vs non capturable ports difference still remains. Reinforcement zones do not affect capturable or non capturable status.

• Like 1

All delivery missions I have seen so far only reward Reals, passanger and cargo delivery, how are we supposed to get our doubloons now to get rare woods?

You have just totally destroyed delivery missions.

Edited by Archaos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

ALL new players get clubbed  when they first venture into PvP.  It doesn't matter where that happens.

I was clubbed, you were probably clubbed, everyone I sail with was definitely clubbed when they first started.  All reinforcement zones did was provide a false sense of security, while preventing new players from actually learning the skills they needed to successfully navigate the waters of the PvP server.

And again, it all stems from the mistaken meta that a person needs to level up at all costs, instead of learning the game (which yes, includes being sunk repeatedly) and applying lessons gleaned from each battle.

Stop assuming that all new players WANT some sort of dumbed-down rules to try and spoon-feed them.   The one thing that separates, in my mind, people who stay in this game long-term and those who play a few hours and leave, is the ability to cope with loss and not expect to master the game in 6 hours.

Again, just my $.02

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

All delivery missions I have seen so far only reward Reals, passanger and cargo delivery, how are we supposed to get our doubloons now to get rare woods?

You have just totally destroyed delivery missions.

reals - trading and hauling (sometimes doubloons as delivery missions sometimes give doubloons too) + sinking NPCs and players.
doubloons - looting NPCs + challenges and group missions + looting sinking players
combat medals - hunting players and doing open world PVE hunts and search and destroy missions

• Like 5

Well say goodbye to your rare wood ships, because the rare woods will now become really rare as the ways I can see to get doubloons now are by PvE missions and the odd additional doubloons from delivery missions and I guess some from capping traders.

• Like 2