Game-Labs Forum

Empty sea

5 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

and loose them to a gank fleet outside my own nations capital no thanks

Correct. They are a weapons platform to be part of a fleet, not a self sufficient ship like a cruise frigate.

Plus - multiplayer game. For economy and for combat.

Solo is a choice, not the default.

• Like 2

Just now, Crimson Sunrise said:

atleast before if i lost it it wouldnt take me 5 days or more to replace it by myself

I don't even know how to argue with this mindset....

It's a damn 1st rate!!!  It SHOULD be hard as hell to replace....

England nearly went broke replacing them.  Can we at least get a shred of realistic thought in here??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

Just happened. A clan in Prussia attacked a British port. The attacking clan was told to not attack said port. But not by Brits. This was request by other Prussian clans because this port is used by multiple alts of Prussians that are placed within the British nation. As long cross nation trade is so easy there is no RvR pressure because its much easier to use alts than capture ports.

This is exactly why the Alliance system should never return unless it's clan based only.  PvP2 a lot of GB/US players wanted to fight each other but they couldn't cause the elders/vets all buddy buddy and out voted them every time to keep the allaince, making a very boring server where the only folks they can fight was the pirates (dutch was part of the GB/US alliance).  There shouldn't be anything that prevents a player from attacking another nation if there clan wants too.  

Funny thing this was pretty much what we got told when CSA first came to US from Russia....don't attack the GB in shallows cause they had friends they trade with. I asked what are your trading cause if you own the port than you don't need the GB to trade with.   We suspected it was more atls they where trading with than actually players.  Took the ports any way and left south Bahamas alone as we wanted other nations in the shallows too.

1 hour ago, Durin said:

Less nation means less targets aswell ;(

Not really having 500 players spread between 11 nations means you are less likely to run into some one.  You take those same and put them in 5 nations you will have more chance to run into them cause 400 players are prob not on the same team as you.  Right now it's not working having so many nations.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

It is true. 

But I really believe 11 nations is too much. 

Spain, Britain, France, US, Pirates (hardcore faction) and Dutch would be a good compromise between PVP and RvR.

This is what I normally sale when I bring up less nations, but the problem is US is bottle neck in the corner and they get abused so much is why I stated to merge with GB who actually owned them most of the time line.  We can merge the flags DLC so players can pick US flags if they want to.

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

I agree with too many Nations. But that's just me, sole Impossible nation should be Pirates but I also see the nice communities of Kingdom of Brandenburg-Prussia ( can we have the name changed ? ), Russian Empire and Commonwealth of Poland Lithuania.

As much fun as it was to play Russian for a short time and even a Prussian player for a bit on Global before the merg, for a game that is suppose to be some what historical having these three nations in them is NOT HISTORICAL AT ALL.  I honestly thought they where only being brought in to test new mechanics that would be for future pirates.  Now something they could do is split pirates and make two factions.  Privateers:  Pirates that work for a nation with a letter of Marque.   Give this nation the odd flags of these three nation (maybe add Dane/Swedes) and allow them to work for any of the core nations  (none Pirate).   If you don't have a LOM than you are the other group.  PIRATES:  These are any Privateers not working for a nation and are hard core mode, with no perm home other than what they make in game.  Can only fly the black pirate flags.

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The less nations option is interesting but there are problems with it and taking away the US would be a bad idea for the simple reason that there is a huge potential player base of yanks who would only sail under their own flag(s).  One of the mitigating factors for less nations is the Flags DLC, which would allow Devs to combine nations and still allow players to sail under a treasured flag.  I believe that sailing under the correct flag is very important to many players and I don't see letting the US player base go without their flag as a viable option.  Besides, everybody else loves to sink them...

POTBS only had four:  GB, France, Spain and Pirates.  Most of the US players picked one and went with it.  I went mainly Spain cause they where underdogs on the server I played but we where even out number the most power full PvP players (I played Roberts).   Most of the rest US players mainly went GB.   In this time period really US was a nation for what less than 50 years since the game time is 1700-1820?  As I said above merge them with GB and have the US coast be the second british zone.  Make the DLC flags merg so you can pick US and GB flags and play your part of the faction.  You can even do this with some of the other nations.  That why I brought up maybe a privateer faction that the Russians, Prussians and Polish faction can be merged with Swedes and Danes.  Though I think Merging US and GB would be the best choice cause of the poor location US is at and it won't help new players being stuck in the corner being farmed over and over.

6 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

@Jeheil is the Youtuber you're refering to a sort of classical hero for the brits and a great narrator, we need him to come back and give us the weeks events! His A Letter to the King series was the best NA content on youtube for a while. I always liked how he sounded like someone from the time, but the daily maintenance falled right on his prime time, and many Australian players no longer have time to play anymore. :( 

@Jeheil was a great Youtuber this game needed better than some that just show battles and nothing more. Even though he could some time be a bit bias towards GB but I still loved his shows.  The problem is two folds why many AUS/SEA players stopped playing.  The game ping is killer for them cause of the current location of the server and two the down time is right in the middle of there prime playing time so they loose an hour of prime game play (I think it's 8-9pm for him when it's down).   I don't think we will be able to open with 2-3 PvP servers so the devs really need to look at putting the server in a better location to get the most players onto one server and than if population gets to big open up new servers for those populations.  They do one Global server in a good location and if they get a big enough EU player base than open up a new one, if they get enough SEA/AUS open up a new one, but they need to start one global server and go from there.

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Correct. They are a weapons platform to be part of a fleet, not a self sufficient ship like a cruise frigate.

solo is the default its the choice of the players to join a clan and a first rate is no different then a 5th other then size and firepower a 5th can kill a first 

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I don't even know how to argue with this mindset....

It's a damn 1st rate!!!  It SHOULD be hard as hell to replace....

England nearly went broke replacing them.  Can we at least get a shred of realistic thought in here??

ok realistically remove all ships that arent from the carribean between the era our game is based on for ship choices then it would be realistic 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

solo is the default its the choice of the players to join a clan and a first rate is no different then a 5th other then size and firepower a 5th can kill a first 

It is great fun to play with another person even if not in same clan. Multiplayer starts at 2 persons, not 1. That's how many of us joined small groups.

Play with this fellow or that one, then change nation and try again. 

Just now, rediii said:

The real question is why is noone attacking any deepwater ports that have value or no value?

Nassau is a HUGE port speaking about numbers of players involved. It actually is the biggest portbattle  on the whole Map because on other pbs you can do some BR tricks even if you loose a bit of strength by that (because numbers ARE important in PBs because Buccs are too effective compared to smaller and big ships)

Why is noone attacking Santo Domingo, Bridgetown, Puerto de Espagna etc.?

if the port isnt valuable its not worth going after 

Just now, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

It is great fun to play with another person even if not in same clan. Multiplayer starts at 2 persons, not 1.

yes game maybe multiplayer but it does not force anyone to play with another player in a clan or otherwise setting the PVE server is a great example there is no reason or need to be in a clan or to play with others there is no reason to

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

2 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

Some games, you try to get a SOL type ship like the biggest capital ships in games you can't get solo, you have to be part of an Organization or high up in the factions to get those big ships.  Why shouldn't this game be any diffrent?  They could make 1st rates something you can only build in clans if they wanted to, but they don't so don't bitch if you get sunk by going out solo.  They are meant to be used in groups for large engagement.  I hate to say this, but if you don't want to get gank solo your 1st rate out of the green zones than go play on the Peace server?  Though I do think there should be proper safe zones that can't be attacked in for the three/four easy nations (Spain, France and GB/US).  These zones should give crappy rewards and never should be a place to farm PvP.   That is how you retain players, but until than we don't have any proper safe zones to solo ships and not get gank in.

ok realistically remove all ships that arent from the carribean between the era our game is based on for ship choices then it would be realistic 

I'm all for it....  

force the server into 60% sloops, 25%Brigs, 14% Ships and 1% SOL's....

Let's do it.  

(Just because you CAN sail a 1st Rate does NOT mean it should be EASY to sail one....)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I'm all for it....  

Let's do it.  

(Just because you CAN sail a 1st Rate does NOT mean it should be EASY to sail one....)

alot of realism removed from the game ur not feeding ur crew for one or paying them wages ur not dealing with health hazards or magnetic abnormalities that mess with the compass, heavy storms that made sailing impossible till they passed, or stuff getting stuck in the rudder, or dealing with random natural disasters. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, admin said:

Many players requested for ships of the line to be more rare (first rate spam) and more expensive. 
The implemented design systems achieved the desired result - there are less first rates at sea. This gives me great confidence that designs are not random and actually work (it just works) achieving intended goals. 

But games being very complex interconnected systems and less first rates might interfere with other systems that worked before. 

ps: do not understand why players like @Intrepido do not spend their doubloons on first rates to dominate his opponents?
Why no-one challenges and captures Nassau that seem to be giving amazing tax income in reals allowing even more ships and fleets to be funded. 

This could be the root issue. Any theories? 

Как раз хотел написать где-то, тут будет резонно на мой взгляд.

Я возможно неприянтные слова скажу, но от чистого сердца и не со зла.
Своим чрезмерным стремлением к хардкору и реалистичности вы убиваете свою игру. Вы делаете ее так, как вам видится, но все меньше людей хотят в нее играть. Разочаровываются, уходят, пишут плохие отзывы. Вы не хотите слышать людей, имеющих мнение, отличное от Вашего, слышите только себя. 
Каждое слишком резкое нововведение отпугивает часть подписчиков. Вернуть их будет тяжело, привязанность проходит, пустота заполняется чем-то еще, разочарование остается. Понадобится приличный бюджет на рекламу, чтобы восстановить популяцию сервера. Он у Вас есть? Интерфейс должен был вернуть в игру как минимум англоязычных игроков. Где они? Теперь все ставки на локализацию?

Честно, Я лично не стал бы покупать себе твинка по акции, если бы планы разработки-2019 были опубликованы до этого. Окончательно обрубить навигацию, сделать основным генератором реалов торговлю и убрать трейд-тул, вместо редизайна рвр полезть в эксперименты с нпц-аггро... Имхо это мега нелогично. Безусловно в истории всегда были особенные люди, которые стояли на своем. Кто-то из них оказался прав в своем упорстве, кто-то разорился, кто-то сгинул. Вы чертовски упорны, очень хочется надеяться, что вы точно знаете, что делаете, потому что лично я люблю эту игру и не вижу альтернатив с открытым миром, рвр и без магии.

Я постоянно слышу 2 мантры:

это инди-игра
эта игра не для всех

При этом стОит она на уровне ААА, а игрой не для всех ее делаете лично Вы. Я не знаю, может быть что-то личное мешает Вам делать игру для всех, может быть какие-то стойкие убеждения. Карибасы должны страдать?  Они должны приносить вам деньги, а для этого их не надо заставлять "страдать". Их надо холить и лелеять.  И монетизировать )) Я никогда не поверю, что такая хайповая тема, как Age of Sails не в состоянии генерировать продажи.

Сколько лет старушке  EVE? И ведь еще как-то держится. Что вам мешает взять оттуда основные принципы и внедрить у себя? Потихоньку, но в положительно оцениваемом игроками ключе. Я вижу такие вещи:

1. Навигация. Я когда-то увлекался Илом, у меня были распечатанные ламинированные карты из игры, на которых можно было рисовать маркером... Там было реально ориентироваться. Над сушей. Я видел ваши карты берегового рельефа, имхо они в состоянии впечатлить небольшой процент истинных фанатов, хотя сделаны качественно. Но в Вашем огромным мире ориентироваться по рельефу (когда он есть), да еще и в тумане я не хочу. Заниматься исключительно каботажным плаванием тем более. 

2. Более информативная карта. Ваша красивая, но пустая. Ресов нет, информации что где происходит тоже. 

3. Возможность играть сейвово при включении головы и не в афк. Это может быть например "вижу вымпел", сброс пушек и груза с гарантированным отрывом. Может быть миссии под фортами, может еще что-то. Надо думать. Сервер однозначно один, где игроку не диктуют модель его игры, он сам решает. Нравится крабить - пусть крабит и поддерживает экономику. Наберется опыта и обрастет жирком - может сподобится пойти повоевать, наблюдая какой контент у пвп игроков.

4. Генерация профита через разнообразное пыу-пыщ в пве, а не только через торговлю.

5. Альянсы, стендинги, контроль территорий, дающий профит. ПВП-шники держат территории, ПВЕ-шеры окучивают грядки, приносят реальный доход, чтобы было на чем воевать. Применительно к NA 4-5 торговых хабов, через которые идет весь экспорт и импорт, это небольшая зеленка для ньюфагов, дальше лоу, дальше нули. Маленькие кланы и ньюфаги могут спокойно жить в лоу, но доходы низкие и первый ранг не построить. Все нули под альянсами. Если плотность населения низкая, то можно ограничить карту по краям бурями, постепенно открывать по мере заселения сервера.

6. Перемещение по миру либо более быстрое, либо более насыщенное геймплеем.

7. Экономическая модель без ожидания. Сейчас предлагается такой геймплей:
нужны корабли - крафти / жди-выкупай ресы -  добывай реалы - хочешь крафтить хорошо и быстро - добывай дублоны.
с дублонами вроде норм, механика понятная, цифры можно *немного* подкручивать.
надо реалы - собирай торговый флот, прикрышку и добывай реалы.

и тут стоп 1: дерева хорошего нет и добыть нельзя
стоп 2: товара для торговли нет и добыть нельзя
ждите! пару дней всего. имхо это неправильно. пусть мы будем с боем перехватывать большие конвои с охранением, охранять от нпц пиратов своих нпц индусов на погрузке тика, но экономика игры не должна зависеть от рандома карибского привоза. она должна шевелиться за счет игроков

8. Погода и свет. Это дебильное ночное освещение не проблема для продвинутых игроков, которые в состоянии повесить гамму на кнопку. Картинка только портится и все, казуалы ничего не видят. Погода хороша в сингле, в ммо она ни к чему, если снижает видимость. Люди собрались куда-то, выбрались на пару часиков после работы, а тут виртуальный штормик на часок...

Я лично не жду, что вы что-то из этого сделаете быстро, но планы разработки пугают, разговоры о скором релизе с не отлаженной экономикой и мертвым рвр тем более.

С нетерпением жду от Вас хороших новостей, чтобы форум благоухал, онлайн рос. 

devs why not remove the BR limit on ports historically no one would put a limit on what u can attack a port with 

I think they where good for small none important ports, but many ports that are important have to low BR that an Elite clan of 6-10 players can lock down a port and keep.   Cause they don't have to screen you out if they can beat you with there small group.  Smaller group PB is more about skill than numbers.  I know a lot of guys that stopped playing cause there was no more 24 vs 24 SOL port battles.  We might have 3-5 ports that maybe can do that?

The other issue is getting screened out by other nations and players or worse you all die doing hostility cause one or two guys die in a mission you loose all your hard work.  Folks give up trying to flip a port when the elite guys can just pop in the mission kill a guy or two and you went from 90% to 30% after grinding for 2 hours.   Why even try if all it takes is them to kill two of your guys to make all your work for nothing?

2 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I'm all for it....  

Let's do it.  

I really think we are on the right track making SOLs difficult but not impossible to own.  If a player buys this game because of his visions of glory in HMS Victory, he should have a shot of owning it.  If he then goes out and loses it stupidly, well that's life and someone gets a big kill.  We certainly could put a percentage limit on PBs for the number of 1sts, 2nds, etc., But BR limits should easily deal with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think they where good for small none important ports, but many ports that are important have to low BR that an Elite clan of 6-10 players can lock down a port and keep.   Cause they don't have to screen you out if they can beat you with there small group.  Smaller group PB is more about skill than numbers.  I know a lot of guys that stopped playing cause there was no more 24 vs 24 SOL port battles.  We might have 3-5 ports that maybe can do that?

The other issue is getting screened out by other nations and players or worse you all die doing hostility cause one or two guys die in a mission you loose all your hard work.  Folks give up trying to flip a port when the elite guys can just pop in the mission kill a guy or two and you went from 90% to 30% after grinding for 2 hours.   Why even try if all it takes is them to kill two of your guys to make all your work for nothing?

we rarely have PB's anymore and its mostly over bahamas ports to begin with whats the point no nation u attack is going to tell u how many ships ur allowed to attack them with its not realistic

the US nation used almost 2 full battle groups to screen Little River from the dutch

hostility missions u can still get ganked when trying to raise hostility attackers can have max 10 ships defenders can have 25 ships this includes the AI

Edited by Crimson Sunrise

alot of realism removed from the game ur not feeding ur crew for one or paying them wages ur not dealing with health hazards or magnetic abnormalities that mess with the compass, heavy storms that made sailing impossible till they passed, or stuff getting stuck in the rudder, or dealing with random natural disasters. 

Again, I'm all for it....

But I've learned to temper MY own personal wants for the game because I realize not EVERYONE likes them... 

That's kinda what EVERYONE has to do.  Nobody is gonna get the exact game they want.  (Except the devs).

Just now, rediii said:

you probably have no clue about RvR in Naval Action.

Ships are special because they are rare. People are used to get everything rather easily, thats why people dont like the current changes. It would be very different if the costs would be like that for years now.

i've been in quite a few RVR's in the past PB's were pretty standard mix and match of large ships from firsts to 3rds and supplemented with a few small 4th - 5ths, global pvp taught me that with the number i had been apart of, this server it was mostly firsts mostly oceans used in port battles, maybe a few santi's, now deep water PB's are bucs not firsts but bucs as the primary lead ship in most PB fleets. it was tedious to create ships in the past with all the different components needing to be crafted, the devs made it expensive to make firsts but not impossible to mass produce with recent changes but it also made it much harder for solo players to create them themselves forcing solo players to play the game was oriented to be done in clans in large groups.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Ships are special because they are rare. People are used to get everything rather easily, thats why people dont like the current changes. It would be very different if the costs would be like that for years now.

But doubloons are easy to get and getting easier.  There is a perception that SOLs are too expensive now, but it's just not true.  Maybe the days are gone where a rich guy will craft 20 1st rates in order to get a purple/gold.  Now if you need a 1st rate, you will build one, not a dozen.  I guess we just cant play the game unless we're all in 5/5 Sturdy L'Oceans.  It proves that gear matters more than skill.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

But doubloons are easy to get and getting easier.  There is a perception that SOLs are too expensive now, but it's just not true.  Maybe the days are gone where a rich guy will craft 20 1st rates in order to get a purple/gold.  Now if you need a 1st rate, you will build one, not a dozen.  I guess we just cant play the game unless we're all in 5/5 Sturdy L'Oceans.  It proves that gear matters more than skill.

its always been oriented to gear over skill doesnt take skill to hit a floating brick 

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

This might be a Prussian problem to deal with, but it is not a general RvR problem. Most RvR-clans craft ships in their own nation, and no clans would rather pay tax with their alts to an enemy nation for valuable resources than own the port themselves and collect the taxes themselves as well as being able to use the alts for something else.

And that is why every nation sail goods to Nassau or buy cartagena tar instead of conquering 😉

• Like 1