Game-Labs Forum

New search and hunt missions... really?

Dariena area is frontier for British Empire. Is a good area. Another good option is the West side of Florida, north and south of Tampa. You will sail into french holding in the north and danish and pirate holdings in the south.

You will find a lot of AI in those two areas. In Peace server you will be relaxed fighting them. In War server you know there might be players around.

As a rule of thumb, the closest to enemy port you are ( frontier ports ) the better it is to find open world enemy NPC.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

I hope this is what you were searching for. Click "admin replied to a topic" to view the post, click the post to view the whole thread.

Thats about kill missisons, but i look for Search & Destroy and Hunt Missions. Kill missios work properly, like described, but i found nowhere the other missions.

And i don´t look for the targets, i look for the missions.

Edited by Holm Hansen

1 minute ago, Holm Hansen said:

Thats about kill missisons, but i look for Search & Destroy and Hunt Missions. Kill missions work properly, like described, but i found nowhere the other missions.

perhaps try that right after maintenance, I'm uncertain whether and if so - how often new missions "respawn" in ports and whether this is independent for every player or the same

5 minutes ago, Holm Hansen said:

Thats about kill missisons, but i look for Search & Destroy and Hunt Missions. Kill missions work properly, like described, but i found nowhere the other missions.

As you sail to a frontier area stop by all ports and check missions.

You can have a lot of missions. I tend to have 10 Hunt and Search&D in my list. I pick one here and one there as i feel like.

Last 3 I added to my list are - 10x Cerberus, 8x Indefatigables, 13x 5th rates - I got 1 in Manataca, another in Ayamonte, another in Dariena.

It is impossible that all players stop at all ports at all times. As you sail visit ports and collect missions to do later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Palatinose said:

perhaps try that right after maintenance, I'm uncertain whether and if so - how often new missions "respawn" in ports and whether this is independent for every player or the same

i search for them since maybe one and a half week. in much ports and in many regions.

3 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

You can have a lot of missions. I tend to have 10 Hunt and Search&D in my list. I pick one here and one there as i feel like.

That was the same for me, in the first days after the patch. Meanwhile all are fullfilled and i found not new ones. Also not in the ports where i pick the other.

Cannot say what is wrong. I do sail a lot and visit a lot of ports while hunting for poor traders just wanting to feed their families in the War server.

In the Peace server is even easier ( again, I sail a lot ) so i sail for an entire session collecting missions, I have no problems with being interrupted by other players there :) . Next day I'm ready to start doing them.

I'd say the system need tuning regarding the Stars - difficulty.

Something should also be changed in the distribution of the missions. I find in each harbor only missions for ingermanland, wapen, bucentaure and the other like this. In the Bahamas, on the other hand, only brig, mercury and the other 6th and 7th rates. While no port offering 5th rate missions (meant not the kill missions). Dont´t speak about that I can choose there with the best rewarding.

This is very frustrating if you like to sail with frigates....
Edited by Holm Hansen

9 hours ago, admin said:

Do not listen to wind's BS (he is a known toxic hater) - there is 1500+ NPC fleets on the map and unlimited number in kill missions. You just have to find them once and move there. Sometimes you won't even need to sail far from port as some places have a lot of ports nearby so you always find targets.  Virgin islands is one of such places. 

The problem is where is this list for the normal players?  Maybe put this on the map of the capital city of each region.  This region is a 1-4 regions.  This region is a 5-7 region.   Stuff like that helps new players and casuals than waiting until some one passes on a spread sheet of info that should be in game.  Just like how the map use to tell us what you can build in each port, for a very long time it has been removed. I shouldn't have to go to each port to find out where I can put up an iron mine.  It should be common knolwedge instead of going to a third party web page to get info that should be in the game.  JUST LIKE DESC ON TABS, you know like what the hell the Admiralty building does?  That should of had a desc on it instead of me having to ask you or other players in game or doing what i did was spend 1K doubloons just to find out it's a building that is useless to that char as he didn't have the BP's for those mods, I had them on another char that would of been more useful having that building, but no I'm suppose to learn this by trial and error....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

The simple truth is that the game has became frustrating and boring unless you are just looking for PvP. 

The PvE server is no good because there is no content. 

Captains who got used mindless kill missions with no variety killing same ship over and over from the same port will eventually detox. Open world hunting is the way you play this game.

Here is how Hispaniola channel looks like in terms of NPCs
N1L7kVp.png
This channel can be crossed in minutes and there are a lot of free ports in the area to rebase to. 

Games gives enough targets for lots of players in the historical areas. Players will adapt eventually and newcomers will not even know about the mindless kill mission grind. 

• Like 5

On 11/24/2018 at 12:30 PM, Holm Hansen said:

Thats about kill missisons, but i look for Search & Destroy and Hunt Missions. Kill missios work properly, like described, but i found nowhere the other missions.

And i don´t look for the targets, i look for the missions.

does the problem still exist for you? We tweaked the distribution a little bit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, admin said:

Captains who got used mindless kill missions with no variety killing same ship over and over from the same port will eventually detox. Open world hunting is the way you play this game.

N1L7kVp.png
This channel can be crossed in minutes and there are a lot of free ports in the area to rebase to. 

Games gives enough targets for lots of players in the historical areas. Players will adapt eventually and newcomers will not even know about the mindless kill mission grind. 

@admin, I need this map, but with the other players...  okthanks?!?!?

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, admin said:

N1L7kVp.png

You still don’t get it. This area that you are showing is a hotbed for people seeking PvP. I can’t go there hunting PvE because I become the hunted by PvPers.

• Like 1

War server means that a enemy may be anywhere. It may be just a guy that is making missions as well, but suddenly comes upon you and attacks. Battle happens.

You cannot go hunting PvE without expecting, at some point, to come across a enemy player. Although it may well pass an entire week without it happening.

Peace server means than no enemy can ever engage you in battle.

Choices must be made, but playing both servers is what many Naval Action players do and have characters in both although tending more to one or the other.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

You still don’t get it. This area that you are showing is a hotbed for people seeking PvP. I can’t go there hunting PvE because I become the hunted by PvPers.

Hispaniola channel is not the only channel

Take a fast lynx and search. Once you find good spots share in national chat or keep for yourself

cUcWIhy.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

War server means that a enemy may be anywhere. It may be just a guy that is making missions as well, but suddenly comes upon you and attacks. Battle happens.

You cannot go hunting PvE without expecting, at some point, to come across a enemy player. Although it may well pass an entire week without it happening.

Peace server means than no enemy can ever engage you in battle.

Choices must be made, but playing both servers is what many Naval Action players do and have characters in both although tending more to one or the other.

Again, you just don’t get that hundreds of us really enjoyed this game before the big update. There was always the threat of meeting an enemy player when hunting AI and that was good. Now it is almost a certainty to meet an enemy player and the server population is very low. 

What will happen when a thousand people are on? You will not be able to leave your home waters without getting into PvP. For those of you that think that that is all the game is, then you are happy. For all of us that wanted a lot more out of this game, we are unhappy. 

The thing is if they would have gone the route of fixing the Patrol Zones and maybe adding a couple more and kept the AI fleets the way they were, everybody would have been happy. There are a virtual ton of games out there that are nothing but PvP that is not as much of a time consuming pain in the ass that this game has been made into.

• Like 1

I'm honestly curious - if you don't want to PvP, why do you play on the PvP server? I play on PvE mostly because I don't have a lot of time to play and end up in a big PvP scrum at the moment.  I'm not saying "get gud or play PvE", I just don't think most of us understand why you would play on a PvP server and complain that there are other players out to kill you.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, admin said:

N1L7kVp.png

Games gives enough targets for lots of players in the historical areas. Players will adapt eventually and newcomers will not even know about the mindless kill mission grin

Why aren’t these NPCs all PIRATES!!!

Under the current theme “of leaving your nations territory” to FIND NPCs, these all should be PIRATES.

There a clear ADVANTAGE to Pirates resourcing from these NPCs. I don’t see this variety of NPCs flags sailing British waters.

Why have you done this? Why give Pirates an LOOT ADVANTAGE?

2060121980_NANPCsReply.thumb.png.ce43a887824fabaec3b6403b2fce90c0.png

13 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

I'm honestly curious - if you don't want to PvP, why do you play on the PvP server? I play on PvE mostly because I don't have a lot of time to play and end up in a big PvP scrum at the moment.  I'm not saying "get gud or play PvE", I just don't think most of us understand why you would play on a PvP server and complain that there are other players out to kill you.

Because there is no content on the PvE server. You cannot take ports. The only way to to get into a big battle is if your friends sail with you and you attack a big fleet. In the PvP server I could go alone into the Patrol Zone and end up in a nice sized battle. On the PvP server I could get in a port battle. You can’t do those things on the PvE server. Patrol Zone is very boring on PvE because fleet ships don’t come in to battle. 

There is no content on the PvE server.

i have never said that I do not want to do PvP. It’s just that now it is forced on you instead of a choice or a risk of it happening 

Edited by Old Crusty

1 minute ago, Old Crusty said:

Because there is no content on the PvE server. You cannot take ports. The only way to to get into a big battle is if your friends sail with you and you attack a big fleet. In the PvP server I could go alone into the Patrol Zone and end up in a nice sized battle. On the PvP server I could get in a port battle. You can’t do those things on the PvE server. Patrol Zone is very boring on PvE because fleet ships don’t come in to battle. 

There is no content on the PvE server.

That's very helpful Crusty.  Thank you.  So are you proposing PvE maybe having large fleet battles that players could join and fight in?  Are there other content suggestions that probably wouldn't take a ton of coding that you could recommend?

For a lot of us the big draw of this game was to be able to get into large scale battles in SOL. We did that a lot before patch 27. Now that is gone. It is to expensive to replace your SOL. The only time I can take my SOL out now is if we have a big group of guys that is willing to have a Outpost around the Yucatán. That has happened exactly 0 times since the patch. Most of my Clan just doesn’t want to log in any more. The fun of the game has been replaced with long sails ending in a lost ship. 

If you only want to sail 5th rates and smaller then the game is good. For the rest of us, well, goodbye 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

If you only want to sail 5th rates and smaller then the game is good. For the rest of us, well, goodbye

There is a contingent of forum posters that have asked that big ships would be a "clan effort" a lot like they say EvE ("the greatest sandbox on earth") is set up. 

I haven't heard from them lately, or maybe they're just quiet because they're happy?

I feel for you if you absolutely have to sail a big tub. I'm super happy, though, because frigates are fun and I've suffered under the OW Bellona meta we've had.

• Like 5

Just now, Wraith said:

I'll speak up on their behalf: Big ships are for big boys who can afford to sail and lose them.  Individuals, in my opinion, should never have access to them without being as wealthy as a good size clan on their own.

You do know this is a game right? People buy games to have fun and a host of other reasons. Different reasons than you

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Why aren’t these NPCs all PIRATES!!!

Under the current theme “of leaving your nations territory” to FIND NPCs, these all should be PIRATES.

There a clear ADVANTAGE to Pirates resourcing from these NPCs. I don’t see this variety of NPCs flags sailing British waters.

Why have you done this? Why give Pirates an LOOT ADVANTAGE?

Because this:

83f5f4b69c4639de6ba39f600bbc0582.png

Notice that Mortimer is surrounded by non-Pirate controlled ports. Prussian, Spanish, Swedish, and French holdings produce enemy ships for us to fight.

If you wish to farm AI from KPR, perhaps look to the East or to the Northern side for French/Swedish and Pirate/Swedish ships, respectively.

The real question is, which is more valuable? A port that earns maybe a few reals each day, but has no valuable resources; or an enemy port near the safezone that produces enemy AI for our casual players to fight in their safezone?

Perhaps consider petitioning your fellow British countrymen to drop a port near one of your safezones in the hopes an enemy will snap it up, providing you with good PvE opportunities. But if you do this, you're not allowed to complain when someone uses that same port to hunt your safezone :D

• Like 4