Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Port interface and usability feedback

@admin i would love if we could lock windows with each other so i dont have to move 1 and 1 window at the time, but so I can lock warehouse and ship inventory at the same time and drag them together where i want them

Overall the interface is great.  I'm glad we have the tiles in the warehouse so we can organize it how we want.  Once i've learned the new logos its pretty easy to tell what stuff is.  The only exception is the upgrade resources (barbery, copper, etc.) which all look the same. 

Only complaint i have about the UI is the refresh rate on the warehouse.  When you have 80 tiles and when you move one everything refreshes before you can move something else, the length refresh each time gets really old fast. 

I wish there was a 'dock fleet' button so i could send all 3 fleet ships to the dock at once.  Also, while there is a right click and send to hold for your main ship, I wish there was a right click and send to hold for fleet ships that then prompted which ship.

• Like 2

Yes, the way all of the inventory windows redraw so slooooowly every time something happens with a single inventory item is really weird.  These lists are very tiny amounts of information, and the graphics aren't demanding, so why does this take so long?  Why does everything else get re-drawn if only one item changed/moved?  It feels like the game is re-fetching the info for everything you own, one-by-one, from the server before filling them into the hold/warehouse windows again, even though those items didn't change at all.

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

Yes, the way all of the inventory windows redraw so slooooowly every time something happens with a single inventory item is really weird.  These lists are very tiny amounts of information, and the graphics aren't demanding, so why does this take so long?  Why does everything else get re-drawn if only one item changed/moved?  It feels like the game is re-fetching the info for everything you own, one-by-one, from the server before filling them into the hold/warehouse windows again, even though those items didn't change at all.

Agreed very annoying and painful on the eyes!!!

@admin

i do not want to criticize although i might look like it .

in the start page, i see an enouncement what is good.

but i miss the forum link  as a clickable link and also not hidden in the announcement tab , but clearly visible on the start page  (especially for new captains )

4D432FD361C1E705A7B4B24DD58FA707188244AC

• Like 1

DLC - Admiralty Connection. @admin

because of the use of the amount of number for labor hours (for various items and /forest/farms ecc.), the need for the use of the DLC AC is decreased.(read:  no need for)

for this moment there is no critical need to have a valuable push to buy the AC

the number of extra buildings and doubloon costing shipbuilding slot has no use.... because of the share amount of shortage by labor hours given every day.

the use of the upgrade to level up has no real purpose anymore, with only one level you can support yourself already in a huge sufficient way.

for the player, there is no real need to buy the AC (his choices are limited by LH )

don't want to be rude, but something i see as an AC DLC buyer. i just miss the purpose for buying an AC DLC,  ATM.

the number of LH is so restricting to just one task mostly,  and the limitation for crafting,(what we have now)  can be done by a certain/small group of building slots,

therefore, a second task is ruled out by the shortage of the LH. what gives s the need for expansion a blow in the face.

at the moment the only reason for buying the AC is the port slots ( the rest is not really worth it, what is a degradation of the total value of the AC ) 

i  seriously have no intention to be rude.... it is just a feeling i have in comparison of the worth of the AC after the patch.

I was just a thought what became conscious in my mind and  I apologize on forehand if you feel that way. 

• Like 1

Do think @Thonys have a valid point about the Dlc. If I have to pay for a a Dlc it should bring value for me. When it came out I decided it actually would be better to get another account and use that. Just waited for it to be sold on discount and the price was more ore less the same, but the bonus of a second account gave so much more than the Dlc, just to mention a few.

- An extra tow each day

- Potentially 8 extra out post.

- Extra Labour hours.

Yes I know that cost real(gold at that time). But lets be honnest ir is easy to come by.

Second account is a singular different captain that can, and will, be intercepted at some point, in the open sea.

Even if the character is not used to sail, and only as storage, it is no different to clanmates constantly sharing dock space, warehouse slots and so on.

I believe that each option, dlc or account, has intrinsic value to the individual that buys it ( note: i'm adamant that one should play as much as possible without external aids - alts, etc )

The extra Tow might be the edge of the iceberg, in the longest of runs, but nothing clanmates don't do for each other as well - "anyone has a tow?" - "sure buddy!"

But if you purely writing about the solo player, then peace. That's a harsh choice to make when one decides to play a multiplayer game. Some would say it is... anti-nature :) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, staun said:

Do think @Thonys have a valid point about the Dlc. If I have to pay for a a Dlc it should bring value for me. When it came out I decided it actually would be better to get another account and use that. Just waited for it to be sold on discount and the price was more ore less the same, but the bonus of a second account gave so much more than the Dlc, just to mention a few.

- An extra tow each day

- Potentially 8 extra out post.

- Extra Labour hours.

Yes I know that cost real(gold at that time). But lets be honnest ir is easy to come by.

i would also ad the contracts as a Admirality bonus

today i want to give a player some provisions but he wass a half hour away from ws the port 

so i wanted to put it in the shop so he could buy it later ,and i dont have to wait for him for more than a half hour 

but i got this: 

F729248B0D33F4EDE1A9C84DD086C0A68EA290FB

so i would suggest> unlimited contracts / or   BUT restricted to rank 

where the highest rank has a limit to 40  contract slots ( gradually increased by rank)

i do not want to insult the lower ranks, but i think we need some purpose for ranks as well in conjunction to the Admiralty, as a let say ;  political corruption

in the higher ranks for :) favors in the community...

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

In case nobody found that before:

Upgrade "Fireship 1-3rd" refuses to be traded by contract. It simply won't appear in the list of upgrades you have when you are trying to put it on the shop.

Unspecified "Fireship" does.

Don't know if behavior also acts strange for "Fireship 4-5th" or "Fireship 6-7th" as I have never seen such, but should be checked as well.

@admin

proposal (repositioning) for the option to destroy stuff (right mouse option for the popup box)

(i just accidental destroyed stuff )

is it possible to remove the position of de the destroy option to the bottom of the popup to avoid the accidental destruction of goods (when you actually wanted to send to hold or warehouse it is to close to each other ) 

When entering a port for example and selecting the buildings and crafting option the default entrance is at the All selection (button) tab, would it not be better to have the port selection by default be on the port you are at that moment, instead of standard selection All.

at this moment you always have to select the port you are in to continue. (increase on way of life and no click festivity)

On 11/27/2018 at 4:57 AM, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Second account is a singular different captain that can, and will, be intercepted at some point, in the open sea.

Even if the character is not used to sail, and only as storage, it is no different to clanmates constantly sharing dock space, warehouse slots and so on.

I believe that each option, dlc or account, has intrinsic value to the individual that buys it ( note: i'm adamant that one should play as much as possible without external aids - alts, etc )

The extra Tow might be the edge of the iceberg, in the longest of runs, but nothing clanmates don't do for each other as well - "anyone has a tow?" - "sure buddy!"

But if you purely writing about the solo player, then peace. That's a harsh choice to make when one decides to play a multiplayer game. Some would say it is... anti-nature :) 

I have 5 and 4 of those have been in the same nation.  One does my heavy ship fighting.  The other is a light scout (Shallow).  One is the master crafter and runs as crafting clan with fellow clan mates.  Important expensive stuff is keep in this warehouse not the main clans.  The last is my mortar brig/hauler char.  I play them more like a mini clan with the. I get clan.  I do. I thing that some organized small clans can do, just way more organized and I don’t have to argue with anyone except the voices in my own head as to what to do with them lol

I don't know if I am the only player that has this issue but both the type and item in the contracts window will not let me select anything but Almeria Saltpeter.  Does not matter what port it will not select from the scroll downs.   So I can never place a contract.   I have 0/10 contracts

Windows 7 .. all the other selection screens work in the Port GUI as far as I can see. 

Also a bug is if you open the contracts window and then open or move the store screen on top then double click on the resources tab it will bring up the resources scroll window from the contracts only. 

20181212221429_1.jpg

20181212201000_1.jpg

Edited by angriff

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 2:50 PM, angriff said:

I don't know if I am the only player that has this issue but both the type and item in the contracts window will not let me select anything but Almeria Saltpeter.  Does not matter what port it will not select from the scroll downs.   So I can never place a contract.   I have 0/10 contracts

Windows 7 .. all the other selection screens work in the Port GUI as far as I can see. 

Also a bug is if you open the contracts window and then open or move the store screen on top then double click on the resources tab it will bring up the resources scroll window from the contracts only. 

20181212221429_1.jpg

20181212201000_1.jpg

Fixed my CH Pro Throttles seems to interfere in this selection screen .. thanks to Steam forums for the key advice.

4 minutes ago, angriff said:

Fixed my CH Pro Throttles seems to interfere in this selection screen .. thanks to Steam forums for the key advice.

All Unity based games dislike any hotas and some even get messed if trackir is plugged in.

I personally solved it with a usb 3.0 hub and just turn it off when not playing sim stuff.