Game-Labs Forum

TESTBED - MISSIONS FEEDBACK

1 hour ago, Aelian said:

Hello again, new poster here. I like the addition of new combat missions but think it would benefit some way of cycling through so in case you did not have the time to search and kill 5000 niagras you could find a more rewarding mission.

I found out that ports offer different missions.

Had a similar "need" to have a specific mission and sailed to two different port which had them available.

Good morning. 

I've noticed the amount of missions to be by port and limited number - they refresh every maintenance, correct ? Is this amount per port in any way tied to nation population ?

Also, why is there no "urgency" in some missions ? Surely some missions are urgent and must be completed in a certain amount of time ( suggestion ).

I am very pleased with the new system and hope all good age of sail stories can be transformed into mission types.

Edited by Cdr. Joseph Barss

8 minutes ago, Cdr. Joseph Barss said:

Also, why is there no "urgency" in some missions ? Surely some missions are urgent and must be completed in a certain amount of time ( suggestion ).

We want the players to not be forced to stay in game and finish the missions at their convenience. Challenges though have a time limit (week or day), but limited kill count gives a chance to take a top position to players with limited time. 

• Like 3

Been having a great time doing different types of missions. All 5th rate, in the trusty Hercules sailing upwind dodging 18 pd & 24 pd cannonballs.

Also done three hostility missions against one port with a clan associate, but none of the hostility has shown up in the conquest section drop-downs of the map. I presume this function is disabled.

6 minutes ago, admin said:

We want the players to not be forced to stay in game and finish the missions at their convenience. Challenges though have a time limit (week or day), but limited kill count gives a chance to take a top position to players with limited time. 

Yes, it is correct and entirely support this option.

My thought and suggestion was about special missions, a new type that  would be given directly to the player, like a story line of missions - "the Acheron has been sighted SSW of Ile-a-Vache. Make haste and intercept her before she disappears".  

9 minutes ago, Borch said:

Do the missions at maintenance refresh itself for example adding only the one I've done at some port or all the missions are being shuffled and changed? I'm not sure but I didnt noticed missions in various ports changing much after maintenance.

missions change - pattern remains
for kill missions.
if the port only allows kill missions for 6-7th rates of 1-3 stars difficulty - you will only see such missions in this port (they will change after update but will still be 6-7th rate missions of 1-3 star difficulty

2 hours ago, admin said:

missions change - pattern remains
for kill missions.
if the port only allows kill missions for 6-7th rates of 1-3 stars difficulty - you will only see such missions in this port (they will change after update but will still be 6-7th rate missions of 1-3 star difficulty

Speaking of missions, would it be possible to permanently have at least one low paying, low level (7th rate) mission in the mission board? I.e. the old combat mission system but only for midshipman-level combat.

The reason I give is that low level missions are a good way to learn how to sail, fight, board and earn a little XP and cash possibly without unbalancing the economy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eduard L'Aquila said:

Speaking of missions, would it be possible to permanently have at least one low paying, low level (7th rate) mission in the mission board? I.e. the old combat mission system but only for midshipman-level combat.

The reason I give is that low level missions are a good way to learn how to sail, fight, board and earn a little XP and cash possibly without unbalancing the economy.

One could also imagine permanent training missions for all levels with no gain, no XP earned, no loss, no repair, nothing. You choose your ship and your opponent's / opponents'

You could choose to fight 3 rattlesnakes with a 1st rate or a 1st rate with a pickle. Whatever. 

+ invite friends. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cdr. Joseph Barss said:

Yes, it is correct and entirely support this option.

My thought and suggestion was about special missions, a new type that  would be given directly to the player, like a story line of missions - "the Acheron has been sighted SSW of Ile-a-Vache. Make haste and intercept her before she disappears".  

some day   some day.. 

the problem with OW generated content is that other players can steal it from you (if it is not in the instance). So such messages can only happen as notices - not as missions that you take
Like - rare capturable christian fleet with indiamans full of gold doubloons spotted in the gulf. Its a sighting but everyone can use it (you may never even see it - as there could be a large player fleet nearby). 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, admin said:

Like - rare capturable christian fleet with indiamans full of gold doubloons spotted in the gulf. Its a sighting but everyone can use it (you may never even see it - as there could be a large player fleet nearby).

Something like this could be nice mate!

• Like 1

What I like about the kill missions is that they create a sort of epic event. Before I wasnt able to do an epic event because of numbers / ship rate

The current downside of "kill missions" is that it doesnt make sense to do them as grp while only the person that started the mission gets rewarded with the chests the others only get xp and cash.

Therefore I would like to see the kill mission slighly redesigned as personal/grp daily epic event

• ships are stronger (mabe like reinforcements)
  • Only once a day because of farming
  • They spawn a mission
  • everyone who paticipates gets rewarded with a chest xp cash
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

When the player population gets higher I see the missions being a source of bickering and fighting between solo players and clans. “You stole my AI fleet!” “I was chasing down that 5th rate it’s mine.” “You stoke my kill.” I can see all this happening in Nation chat and even on TS

I still remember when we were leveling without the missions and people where caming the respawn point of good fleets and then all jump them to get kills and assits for exp, but i remember it more cooparative then much fighting about it (also it was only for the exp back then)

Edited by balticsailor
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, z4ys said:

image.png

does it mean:

• 9 3 rates - [roman 9 (IX)]
  • 1x 3 rates

?? 🤔

The format for all missions, if you notice all, is always arabic format numeral  and times symbol

1x..... 9x.......12x.... etc

Hence, cannot be IX :)  as we have no IIIx or IXx ;) 

33 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

The format for all missions, if you notice all, is always arabic format numeral  and times symbol

1x..... 9x.......12x.... etc

Hence, cannot be IX :)  as we have no IIIx or IXx ;) 

With the font shown in z4ys' post above, the French typography would be clearer with its mandatory space between the number and the multiplication sign : 1 x 3 rate, instead of 1x 3 rate.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

With the font shown in z4ys' post above, the French typography would be clearer with its mandatory space between the number and the multiplication sign : 1 x 3 rate, instead of 1x 3 rate.

Absolutely.

I did the 7th rate mission, was assigned a Privateer to sink, if this is the going to be the standard mission ship then this is going be very hard for new players.

Previously, with the Brig as the 7th rate enemy ship, it has a higher broadside making it easier to hit/target, this is good ship for new players to learn from (if players skip most of the tutorials).

I think the Privateer profile is too low for new players to learn from, would be better if all 7th rate missions could be designed for learning/new players.

Edited by Guest

since the difficulty on missions grades now, maybe think of decreasing the join timer to not ruin it completely for players? for instance the "sink 2x first rates using 1 first rate" would be hard enough itself for some players, to maybe like 30 second join timer? :) 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

They are not attached to any region or port... Just like the old "delivery missions" this can be exploited for very high profits and 100% safety.

The same goes for the hunt / seek and destroy missions since they are not bound to rate, you can just go hunting with big ships in safe waters and do them easily. Like killing 5th rates or trincs when you are sailing a bellona is not difficult but gives you big rewards.

My highst reward mission sofar was to kill 6 3rd rates (Bellona74) for two epic chests (one of them turned out to be a deadman chest), it wasn't realy difficult in a bellona and would have been easy in a buc or a 1st rate.

Edited by balticsailor
  • Like 1