Game-Labs Forum

Patch 26. Spanish Frigate Diana, BR rebalance - Diana is a timed reward.

admin

31 minutes ago, Thomas G. Marshall said:

Perhpase the answer I seek is buried here but I couldn't find it...

This Constitution Classic, is she to replace the current Constitution, become a premium DLC, or something else? 

We are testing her right. Ow it has been mention by devs the fate of either ships.

3 hours ago, Thomas G. Marshall said:

Perhpase the answer I seek is buried here but I couldn't find it...

This Constitution Classic, is she to replace the current Constitution, become a premium DLC, or something else? 

We don't know yet regarding the DLC… The effect of heavier DLC vessels is not fully understood. But with time it will be more clear. If 4th rate DLC ship appear it will only have effect on the economy, as there are clear alternatives which are similar or better in its rank. 

In terms of in game availability.. Both ships will remain in game, old USS constitution model has some sentimental value as it is one of the first 3 ships that appeared in game. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, admin said:

We don't know yet regarding the DLC… The effect of heavier DLC vessels is not fully understood.
In terms of in game availability.. Both ships will remain in game, old USS constitution model has some sentimental value as it is one of the first 3 ships that appeared in game. 

Can you replace the models so we can use our old Connie ship knowledge on the new modes.  Than as suggested make the old one a heavy frigate general 4th rate that maybe be bought with CM and crafted?

• Like 5

Hotfix 19th September

• All upgrades increasing crew rebalanced (data below)
  • XP and Money for kills and assists rebalanced based on BR of vessels (slight increase for 1-2nd rates)
  • Yacht can now enter port battles and can be added to fleets
  • Determined defender bonus lowered from 30% to 0.001%
  • Boarding max speed increased to 8 knots (previously around 4 knots). 
    • speed difference between your ship and enemy ship was lowered and now cannot exceed 5 knots to board (previously it was 8 knots).
    • Both vessels must sail below 8 knots. 
  • Barricades defensive bonus increased by 0.1 and attack penalty increased by 0.1 as well. 

Crew bonuses reductions

• Shipbuilding:
    • Very cramped: 5% - previous 10%
    • Cramped: 2.5% - previous 5%
    • Extra crew trim: 7.5% - previous 10%
  • Modules and books:
    • Light ship hammocks refit: 5% - previous 15%
    • Hammocks book: 7.5%-7.5%-2.5% - previous 20%-10%-5%
  • Like 9

18 hours ago, Teutonic said:

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Hotfix 19th September

• XP and Money for kills and assists rebalanced based on BR of vessels (slight increase for 1-2nd rates)
  • Boarding max speed increased to 8 knots (previously around 4 knots). Vector of speed difference between your ship and enemy ship cannot exceed 5 knots to board. Both vessels must be below 8 knots. 
  • Barricades defensive bonus increased by 0.1 and attack penalty increased by 0.1 as well. 

Crew bonuses reductions

• Shipbuilding:
  • Modules and books:

Welcome to Boarding Action!

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 2

These are interesting changes, and I look forward to testing them. However:

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Boarding max speed increased to 8 knots (previously around 4 knots). Vector of speed difference between your ship and enemy ship cannot exceed 5 knots to board. Both vessels must be below 8 knots. 

The time it takes to pull another ship should be proportional to ship speeds. Pulling at 8 knots should take longer than at 3 knots. Also maybe do something about the distance needed to pull. It should not be possible to board at 8 knots with a full ship length between the ships. Pulling at 8 knots should only be possible if the ships are literally touching each others' sides.

And lastly, the mortar brig should be looked at. Or I envision a situation where the new tactic is (again) "rageboarding" ships, only to keep them stationary for Mortar brigs to kill them. That will make PBs really boring.

• Like 3

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Boarding pull was 3.6 before.  8 is way to high.  I got epic event 1st rates slower than that.  If AI follows same rules it’s instant board same with any players in fights with tanked out 1st rates.

Yes. That is good. No more "taking advantage of distance" that makes the AI not shoot.

+1kk on my book until the AI gets properly fixed.

47 minutes ago, admin said:

Hotfix 19th September

• Boarding max speed increased to 8 knots (previously around 4 knots). Vector of speed difference between your ship and enemy ship cannot exceed 5 knots to board. Both vessels must be below 8 knots. 

Crew bonuses reductions

• Shipbuilding:
  • Modules and books:

With all due respect I think the boarding speed change is a bad idea, especially with DD nerfed to oblivion.

Wouldn't the boarding ropes just snap at those kind of speed differences also? I guess multiple ropes would ofc multiply  strain achieved without critical failure, but momentum and forces involved i think perhaps speed difference to be able to board is to high.

http://www.langmanropes.com/langman-en/products/rope-by-industry/decoration-commerce/hemp-rope

Guess we will see though.

Edited by Dibbler

9 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Yes. That is good. No more "taking advantage of distance" that makes the AI not shoot.

+1kk on my book until the AI gets properly fixed.

I never had an issue with AI not shooting me.  The problem is when the. Instant pull you while half full of water and taking for ever to sink cause they got every freaking mod to boot and marines and still reload like half there crew wasn’t in survival.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

I never had an issue with AI not shooting me.  The problem is when the. Instant pull you while half full of water and taking for ever to sink cause they got every freaking mod to boot and marines and still reload like half there crew wasn’t in survival.

Game is not made only for you or me or any other individual. I would expect that to be clear by now.

When I say you, I say all of us. Guess it makes it clear from now on.

The max speed difference vector to board should be something like 1 or maybe 2 knots. If it goes 5 knots faster or slower than you it is unrealistic that it would be able to pull you into battle. 5 knots means that if you can get into range of the ship (a range which is already too large) then you are guaranteed to be able to board.

And I agree with those saying that 8 knots is far too high a speed. This is close to what some of the heavier ships do at max speed running with the wind. Boarding max speed should in some way be related to the typical speed a ship can reach sailing at battle sails.

Also: AI should still be restricted to the old rule of 3,5 knot boarding initiation speed. Or I suspect that a whole lot of ships are going to be lost over the next couple of days to very eager AI boarding ships. AI already has impossible boarding buffs. 

• Like 6