Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

1 hour ago, Oberon74 said:

Trade.  There are always a couple of trade ports that you need to TP into in order to check on your contracts that all of the alts are outbidding.

TP was set as free only for testing purposes. Passenger transport (imaginary fast travel using liners or balloons) will cost coins in the future.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, admin said:

TP was set as free only for testing purposes. Passenger transport (imaginary fast travel using liners or balloons) will cost coins in the future.

I think this is a bad idea... It will promote alts (sitting in a single port out-bidding enemy) and make it harder to get to fights (costing gold to jump into a fray).

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, admin said:

If you start charging in game for me to teleport between my out posts (not counting the 1 tow a day).  I'm sorry I'm out of here and I'll finally make a review and it won't be positive. I don't know where you get this feed back from but this is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. 

I can get if you do a zone TP's (none out post free town) that are to ports you don't own so you can set up an Outpost on the other side of the map.  From one Freetown to another only.

I'm going to take something back I said about econ and the DLCS.  Mainly since we haven't had to many shallow PB's, but the last two weeks I hardly had any sales of Shallow water ships in the shallows.  Might be cause numbers or so far down but I think it's more cause every one pretty much is only using the Hercs and Reqiuns for every thing.  This is I'm sure hurting the little guy that doesn't have other means to make profits....I grind, I sale cannons in two ports, I do trade runs once in a while, I have a very nice stock of back up cash (no where close to some of you rich mothers), but not every one has that.  I'm also using 5 accounts to get my stuff down, but guys with one, the casuals and majority of the players doesn't have the option I have and those are the folks the game should be made for.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Has this and its effects on the economy been simulated/tested? I feel like this is a quality of life issue, especially in a game with so few people ...

And we are sitting on millions and towing a ship is more an issue of an click rather the money. The only bad thing about it is that really new players might not have money but do they need teleporting? In most chases they stick to the starting base a long time.

@admin will f11 coords be removed in the future?

How will be the outrage when f11 coords get removed :D I really cant wait for it

Edited by z4ys

50 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you start charging in game for me to teleport between my out posts (not counting the 1 tow a day).  I'm sorry I'm out of here and I'll finally make a review and it won't be positive. I don't know where you get this feed back from but this is the most stupid thing I have ever heard of. 

Well here is the story

• Naval Action was planned as a somewhat hard and somewhat old school (no jumping around with fast travel).
  • We involved the community in the development right from the early stage 
  • Open world prototype was made some time ago
  • First version looked like this screen below  - there were no ports then - just land like columbus saw it
  • uNeTVdL.jpg
  • To simplify QA (for us) we added several buttons right from the open world. Check them on the right. 
  • They were our internal tool -  But players/testers loved them. (just like the trader tool later)
  • These buttons were loved by testers so much so they requested to keep them in some form. Community feedback
  • They eventually got into the early access in form of outpost to outpost fast travel (outposts will be renamed into docks- outposts is a programmer name)
  • Many loved fast travel
  • But some did not like fast travel. Worth a buy review even bashed us for teleports saying they were the stupidest thing he has ever heard of.

Long story short

• We have not planned fast travel in the game when we started - but the decision to keep them was made with the community. 
  • We always keep our promises! Please let me know when and where we promised that transport between ports will always be free.

If you cant find such promise can you explain - Why should ports transport you for free? Great money sink, good limiter for contract wars, fast travel is extremely useful feature, money are not hard to make. What is the reason for your response? Greed? For in game money?
In the Soviet Union at the height of communism bus tickets were costing 5 kopecks and airplane tickets were costing 5-15 roubles. But this is America/Caribbean/South America/Mexico. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, z4ys said:

And we are sitting on millions and towing a ship is more an issue of an click rather the money. The only bad thing about it is that really new players might not have money but do they need teleporting? In most chases they stick to the starting base a long time.

How will be the outrage when f11 coords get removed :D I really cant wait for it

We are sitting on millions of gold. We have warehouse all around, yet we do not have workers checking the contract, and doing the business for us ? 

Teleport can coast a fee, if we need to use the ship on that outpost. Otherwise we will be the worker doing the business at that port, buying selling stuff, putting contracts. So it can be a good idea to make outpost warehouse and shop tab a seperate part.

And how much a teleport will cost a 7th rate ship is sold for 25k gold, so teleport should be much less ?

I bounce around my ports constantly to check what I have in my warehouse and what is for sale in freeports. Id be broke in a day if I was paying for the teleports.

21 minutes ago, z4ys said:

We learn to pick a position and stick to it during this insightful and useful early access. Wiggling makes things worse. 
F11 coords are for QA purposes and might get removed by release of the game. Just like the TP with hold (might not survive). We almost cleared the places where players can get stuck. (TP on ow is unstuck command)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

Admin stated multiple times they will get removed, I haven't seen any raging people about it. Try harder.

rage will occure when its taken out before people do not read or care

12 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Alts camping ports for bidding one resource will get even more advantage over casual players. Same with less "programmer name outposts", alts will become even more superior with advantage. Stop making alts more important and superior.

Please do not hide meaning in phrases. Say it as it is.
Say what you mean.  "Hardcore players (especially those who operate in a group with friends (real people) or imaginary friends (additional steam accounts) will have advantage over casual players". Hardcore players have advantage over casual players in ALL games. But remember - there are no casual players in a full loot pvp game with minuscule protection zones which actually do not protect much. Everyone who sails anything above 80br is a hardcore player. 

If you meant that hardcore players will pay less for DP TP - then you are wrong. 
Charging fees for TP will charge hardcore players MORE, because casual players do not TP much especially on several accounts. But hardcore players with several steam account helpers TP a LOT more than 10 casual players combined.

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

most keenly felt by new/casual players.  

No..  How do you know how much low rank players will pay? Do you know how many times casual low rank players teleport per day?  You dont even know prices and design and are already hating, in advance. 

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

It's a bit funny how we talk about gold for teleports, but right now I can redeem DLC ship and sell it everyday for gold. 

Cant you board 100x NPC 5th rate and sell for even more gold?

Just now, Wraith said:

I'm constantly befuddled about who this "community" is that you're listening to that clearly isn't us, the long-time vets who are telling you how we see (and actually play) it.

Ehm.. Sorry. Developers design the game and take responsibility for it. No-one is whispering to us - don't worry.
Ports will charge players for services. Transportation is a service. 

PS.. too many designers always ends up with Homer's car.

6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

We have such holes in economy and we are trying to fix economic holes

You are blowing the transportation services out of proportion. Again. you don't know the design and cost and are jumping to conclusions.

Also - please stop exaggerating. Like you do with printing money by selling imported ships. How much money can you print? 25k per day? Are you seriously calling this a economic hole? Are you really making this statement? You make more in a basic cutter mission. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

Ehm.. Sorry. Developers design the game and take responsibility for it. No-one is whispering to us - don't worry.
Ports will charge players for services. Transportation is a service. 

PS.. too many designers always ends up with Homer's car.

I don't really want to TP all over the map.  I have to in order to service contracts.  If I could have a shore agent in these ports, simulated by me having some input while at sea, I would TP a lot less.  How about something like that?  Same with buys of commodities in ports where I have an outpost.  If I could call up the lists while im at sea and make the buy right away, I would be happy to sail to the port later for transport.  A shore agent could even be DLC.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

I don't really want to TP all over the map.  I have to in order to service contracts.  If I could have a shore agent in these ports, simulated by me having some input while at sea, I would TP a lot less.  How about something like that?  Same with buys of commodities in ports where I have an outpost.  If I could call up the lists while im at sea and make the buy right away, I would be happy to sail to the port later for transport.  A shore agent could even be DLC.

Shore agent is nice idea but i would add small fee you pay every maitanence as pay for him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Soooo.. why bother even claiming this is true then?

8ef85e3b1e83258650d2f056e2131ce4.png

It is true of course. A lot of features were proposed by players. A lot of features were tuned based on player feedback. But many features come from us directly without listening to anyone. I designed the yard management in a bar in Newcastle during a storm on a napkin after coming back from trincomalee frigate. No-one was whispering anything to my ears. One of the best features of the game.

Ports provide services - ports charge for services. happens in all games. Its free now because it was free from the start for testing. We understand that you are upset.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Contract wars with use of alts will become even greater. Nothing will change in topic of contracts Player vs ALT. 

Contract wars will happen less. You don't know everything. 

• Like 2

And this is the reason why infos are not shared with us :(

@admin does not have to justify for their decisions. Let see what we will get and give our feedback then. We dont see the big picture yet.

Edited by z4ys

4 minutes ago, Sith Overlord Roronoa said:

Lets make if you sink you have to swim back with your Captain to the next port with 1 kn in open world.... because realism

Actually you are incorrect. Captains rarely sank with ships or swam and were mostly captured or died. 
Realism would be deleting the account on death or forcing you to sit in jail for 3-5 real days (taking into account short day night cycle)

• Like 1