Game-Labs Forum

US Political Situation

Lord_Drax

22 minutes ago, Batman said:

Neither did we invite them to capture your ports (despite whatever Raxius told you), and neither are the Frenchies around Belize my problem, as I am not online during the time they sink Brits.

Of course not. Bonacca was opened up by mistake i guess.

10 minutes ago, Willem said:

Of course not. Bonacca was opened up by mistake i guess.

I would ask GNF if it was a mistake or not, but they have like two active members with irregular playing times and they don't communicate with rest of GB.

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Sounds like my question about US-Prussian conflict got ignored, covered by GB-US drama, whatever.

I have always said and remember this is my view on that topic.  FRENCH FIRST, Prussians later, but you know when you come and screen for the FRENCH?  That is what provokes them to want to attack your ports on the coast and the Bahamas.   Would be nice for once to see you actually maybe kill some Frenches.  The ones on the coast are not the exact best neighbors to have drying up your hunting grounds.

Oh funny thing is I got some complaints leaving Harbor Island open and my response was simple, "Are you paying my port timers?" I watched the contracts and it wasn't hurting any US or others to buy Teak or other goods last week having it open, good sales for all as I even got me a bit of copper out of it.

Oh and remember folks the above comment is my own opinions and have nothing to do with my clan or the US nation in game.

3 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

The ports to the East are still British, so if you raid east then you are still raiding the British

I think that might of been his point, he still raids british ports just not in the area.  I mean why wouldn't you go away and get the more juicy targets.  I honestly need to get back to raiding EU french in the Gulf myself, those guys sale around in the day time thinking they are scott free along that coast line all the time (hint folks juicy unarmed targets;).

10 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

So you hunt players that moved out of capital to avoid gankfest and just want to chill. No matter A or B, hunting will be always a "bad thing" until players accept the fact that this is war game.

No one has ever said hunting is a bad thing, the problem is the toxic folks that sit almost daily camping a nations capital getting easy kills constantly off casuals and some newbs.  It's something different if you catch targets out side of the safe zones which is what he does, he hunts areas that are captured ports.  They really need to make the capital zones PvE only and give a nice big safe zone (real one) for those players that just want to grind AI and play the game casually.   Sorry if this means the hunters actually got to hunt instead or go to PvP zones.  You know the best way to get some ones attention and some PvP....grind up hostility on an important port and i bet all these guys complain they can't find PvP else where will get it.  If your going to bitch that is PvE well this is a game with both aspects to it, some times you just have to sink an AI once in a while to play it.   If you wanted PvP only we had that lovely NA:L....oh wait that failed.

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

No matter where I hunt, this will end up with statement that I sealclub because I have more experience or that I disrupt somebodies peaceful trading/PvE (yes, outside safezone) or that this is his last ship/cargo, all he got or asking if I can let them go or that they are not in the PvP ship or they have no time to fight atm and the list continues... Maybe 10-20% of my PvP fights are actually happening without any excuses and both sides enjoying them. Truth is that no one likes losing.

I have never called you a seal clubber and I actauly been vocal that the Prussians aren't bad on the coast compared to other nations (french).   It's good to have a few guys up there hunting the coast, it's bad when it's a constant farm of new players and casuals though.   Which I blame more on bad game mechanics.  To many folks think the reinforcement zones are safe zones and they are far from that, they actually give false safe when a vet player knows the system and how to use it against them.

I linked one of SC recent videos last week where Chris talks about why the game will have 90% AI compared to players.  Cause folks don't like to loose.  If you make an all PvP server than some one has to loose and that is never fun.  That is why they want to make that game mainly PvE for folks to fight with the chance of PvP too.  This pure PvP doesn't work in the long run if you want to keep players.  Folks forget that most of us on this forums is only like 10% of the population and the most of them are casuals that never get on here.

6 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Russia set as friendly? I thought you missed the thread about them cancelling any treaties and relations, @North or @Anolytic is that correct? GB is hostile with limited relations? That's weird news, but maybe @Batman could explain this to me, I thought there's a thrilling war going on around Belize.

Friendly as in the Russian Empire has no intrest in fighting port battles at night and have no intrest in us holdings😊 also friendly as if they ask us to screen and we see we can get a fight then we will come 😎 if the USA get a good Pb fleet this might change, but at current status this would not be a good or even fight🙄    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's good to have a few guys up there hunting the coast, it's bad when it's a constant farm of new players and casuals though.   Which I blame more on bad game mechanics.  To many folks think the reinforcement zones are safe zones and they are far from that, they actually give false safe when a vet player knows the system and how to use it against them.

It's hard to explain to someone who hasn't been in a nation which was farmed to death like US. Seeing people not sailing out, not even to trade, makes you realize it's not sustainable for new players. Requins can attack traders in zones without issues.

Protected zones should simply block all attacks and other mechanisms should push people outside of the zone. I don't mind being attacked, however when put to extreme, it's bad for the game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lord_Drax said:

Have already spoken to North Viking, they want that relationship; no RvR and we will work together on a case-by-case basis

As far as GB is concerned it is Limited RvR due to conflict in Belize area only, USA not attacking other GB ports

lol, we'll be attacking other ports at some point.

I declare war on US on behalf of SNOW.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The good players are those that refused to quit.

Most people as you say quit when they lose.

There is a paradox here though because it doesn't explain the continued existence of US players.

It's not a paradox. there are good players in the US but also its hard for players to improve when they have to fight the same PvP players day in and day out. There is no learning curve you learn to fight the opponents that you run into constantly nothing more.   

9 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Losing should be incentive to work harder and get better. Corect mistakes and improve. Reality is that most players just quit when they lose.

Isn't that exactly the contrast to what this should be? A game? No worries, most good players "worked" their way to the top. For the majority though, it's just not that easy when you just want to play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The good players are those that refused to quit.

Most people as you say quit when they lose.

There is a paradox here though because it doesn't explain the continued existence of US players.

Admin has said in the past US sales are 50% of this game.  I'm sure that is still true as that means most of the market comes from those sales that the players would prob pick US nation over some of the others.  The problem is retaining those sales.  If 50% of your sales are from one market you think that 50% of your player base would be from that market and it's not.  Though my reason for that is another topic I'll not bring up here.  

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Well, most players enjoy casual days without hard work, just chill, shoot some broadsides, enjoy graphics etc. Work is needed to achieve greater stuff, pretty much like in every other competitive MMO game.

That doesn't mean that this "work" is not enjoyable, many people actually enjoy getting better and improving skill.

You're right. Though imo that's only true for 10% of the players. Could be more, but fear of losing pixels etc.

The US just gets so many new players thats how the nation survives. The problem with the nation is clan drama and a lack of any decent, organized group to carry the nation. This causes most decent players to leave the nation for another nation with less drama/decent clan furthering the cycle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I lived in KPR and Belize for about 2 years, we had daily hostile 25 SOLs blockades and 24/7 never ending raiding/ganking/PvP. We lost ports around our capital KPR like Port Morant, Carlisle, Port Antonio. Losing should be incentive to work harder and get better. Corect mistakes and improve. Reality is that most players just quit when they lose.

Do you think it's good for the game that it makes people quit due to overfarming, just like it did when everything except for capital was capturable?

I also remember similar wars, when in Dutch nation we were being attacked by 5 nations and one-ported. For me it was fun, but it probably made approx. 100-200 players quit. 

• Like 6