Game-Labs Forum

Premium ships 24 hours

Well, first I was excited thinking you can buy premium ships. Excitement didn't last very long when I found out you pay once and then you have constant supply of that ship

every 24 hours.

You basicly killed it for me.

I know alot of people have problem with loosing stuff, I LOVE it.

That is why i always hunt in the best ship i got with the best upgrade I can afford, I never roll in basic crap. Always the best stuff on my ship and YES when I sink it does hurt!.

And I like it.

I liked pvp'ing in a ship (Hercules) that is RARE and hard/costly to obtain. 

Now who cares if i loose i just get new one.

Some people mean that now we will see more people doing pvp. Yeah you are probably right, and for the most of the playerbase you did a favor I guess.

But for me you killed it.

Why not just let anyone have anyship they want at any given time with whatever upgrade they want?.

Then nobody would be afraid to loose and would fight all the time.

Very thrilling.

Just needed to ventilate it here. Maybe I just need to get used to it but right now I just feel someone killed the game for me. I don't want shit for free, everything I have i have earned.

I worked for it.

Ah well, fair winds I have to digest this and maybe I will see more positively on it somehow.

• Like 2

Well if you want to equip a ship with only top notch upgrades, the expensive part isn't the ship but the mods - which still is the case (more basic upgrades do the job too though)

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Liq said:

Well if you want to equip a ship with only top notch upgrades, the expensive part isn't the ship but the mods - which still is the case (more basic upgrades do the job too though)

Yes you are right often expensive parts are the upgrades but not when it comes to hercules and so.:). Maybe they could increase the timer to a week at least?.

16 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Just needed to ventilate it here.  I don't want shit for free, everything I have i have earned.

Totally understand. Thats why lineships and other amazing powerful vessels wont ever be premium

Think about it this way.. You get 2 lightship vessels for fighting once a day (75 days in in game time). Those are just 6th rates and during early game experience maybe it is a good thing, to have something you will never be afraid to lose. 
But lets keep the discussion going. Premium vessels role in game must be defined if we want new vessels like this to appear. We will see it in action and will listen to your feedback. 

• Like 5

I agree with @Liq and think it is fine as it is. Upgrades are more expensive than the ship, if you use the best and 24h cd for a 5-6 rate seems reasonable.

The premuim ships might have a chance for 5-5 slots? @admin ? Then you could roll a very valuable ship and have the thrill of losing it there.

I think it is good actually since you can go out with the ship more often and don't forget that you also provide content for other players by pulling a new ship and going out again. Otherwise you would just lose it and then log off ( if you want to play only hercules for example ).

I am very happy with 24h cooldown, because I really want to master the ship. Think about it this way... how many 5th rates could you build in this time for 200k material cost each or so?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

I agree with @Liq and think it is fine as it is. Upgrades are more expensive than the ship, if you use the best and 24h cd for a 5-6 rate seems reasonable.

The premuim ships might have a chance for 5-5 slots? @admin ? Then you could roll a very valuable ship and have the thrill of losing it there.

I think it is good actually since you can go out with the ship more often and don't forget that you also provide content for other players by pulling a new ship and going out again. Otherwise you would just lose it and then log off ( if you want to play only hercules for example ).

I am very happy with 24h cooldown, because I really want to master the ship. Think about it this way... how many 5th rates could you build in this time for 200k material cost each or so?

I know but ever since Hercules got introduced and it being so rare I fell in love with it. It gave me a whole new thrill to solo hunting knowing if ship sinks it's like 10 mil worth of ship, and then several millions worth of upgrades. 

But.. like you said chance for 4 or 5 slot ships will make it rare again!.:), so I can aim for that.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, admin said:

Totally understand. Thats why lineships and other amazing powerful vessels wont ever be premium

Think about it this way.. You get 2 lightship vessels for fighting once a day (75 days in in game time). Those are just 6th rates and during early game experience maybe it is a good thing, to have something you will never be afraid to lose. 
But lets keep the discussion going. Premium vessels role in game must be defined if we want new vessels like this to appear. We will see it in action and will listen to your feedback. 

I just feel that there is no longer any point in going into shallow water in anything other than those two ships now.  And forget about the Nassau Patrol zone.

31 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

I just feel that there is no longer any point in going into shallow water in anything other than those two ships now.  And forget about the Nassau Patrol zone.

You might right there, that's why those two ships should've remained obtainable but much more expensive. People should be afraid of loosing them.

Kind of a dilemma, because you can't just nerf them they would no longer be "premium". And if you keep as it is anyone obtain and you will just see those two ships.

But as @admin‌‌‌said let's see how it all developes and keep discussion going.:).

/ Fair winds

Edited by Liang Dao Ming
  • Like 1

Sorry to say it that way, but the recent 'We make everything to a DLC'-movement, I really hate it. It looks from marketing perspective really cash-grabby, especially with the low player numbers we have right now and destroys the tiny bit of balancing we had in-game (as xebec and hercules destroyed every kind of shallow water balancing totally). I would have rather seen paints as DLCs as they only do differences in the aestetics but somehow we don't get that but premium ships and warehouse slots.

Though regarding the hercules; I'm more concerned about having the herc dlc pay2win wise (rather than more outposts), since it's gotten even more buffed in the latest patch - sole dominator in shallow patrol zones

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Though regarding the hercules; I'm more concerned about having the herc dlc pay2win wise (rather than more outposts), since it's gotten even more buffed in the latest patch - sole dominator in shallow patrol zones

That's why it should be much rarer harder to obtain or expensive. Then you wouldn't see it in patrol zones.

3 minutes ago, Justme said:

The problem is if players are paying real money, they won't want to permanently lose the ship they bought. Same goes with restricting replacing it too much/fast when it is lost.

I wouldn't mind paying to replace premium ships that I loose, if I can't afford then I wait til I can. Also a reason why would you wouldn't see it dominating, if you have to pay for each ship then people won't risc loosing it that much. So won't dominate patrol zones etc.

11 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

Why aren't dlc-ships craftable?

The p2whiners can buy their stuff, while normal players can craft their stuff?

If it was craftable why would anyone buy it.

Every mmo has dlc's containing items etc that only obtainable through that particular dlc. 

Besides, games that do not generate any income die. Unless we got a bunch of developers who work for free.

Edited by Liang Dao Ming
  • Like 1

They don't want to craft or add to the economy, they just want to click and get a free ship. A new ship every 24h, because that's the labour it takes to craft them ... ok, what about the time spent to gather materials?

Why would those ships not be craftable ingame? They are basically noteships? Or perhaps make the noteships premium aswell?

12 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Besides, games that do not generate any income die

This project might be already on the eve of it`s own decay..But nobody wants to perceive it..

Unfortunately for the project..unless big changes come in, but i doubt that seriously.

Edited by Fenris

7 minutes ago, Fenris said:

This project might be already on the eve of it`s own decay..But nobody wants to perceive it..

Unfortunately for the project..unless big changes come in, but i doubt that seriously.

Yeah well it ain't over til it's over.:) I have faith that this game will be completed, and playerbase will become higher. And if doesn't, then it doesn't... til then I will do what I can to enjoy and get the most out of it.

• Like 1

At least there could have been a 'ingame'-paywall too. So you pay with real money for the option to get the ship at all and THEN have to pay like 1 million ingame money to redeem it. Would solve some kind of problems of 'its a free ship to troll'-issues. But I think its too late for such a change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

At least there could have been a 'ingame'-paywall too. So you pay with real money for the option to get the ship at all and THEN have to pay like 1 million ingame money to redeem it. Would solve some kind of problems of 'its a free ship to troll'-issues. But I think its too late for such a change.

Not really a bad idea, would at least  make it abit harder to get, but as you mentioned it might be to late for such a change.

Edited by Liang Dao Ming

4 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. Yacht worked that way for the last 2 years or so? No one had issues with it

2. Hercules got HP buff... But it got nerfed as well, you seem to forget about it, all of you. 4-5 skill books are much weaker than 6-7 skill books. It's a big nerf there. 

3. Upgrades & cannons (poods as example for Herc) are worth more than ship itself. Repairs are not free either.

4. Before Hercules, Heavy Rattle was the shallow "meta". There will be always one "meta" ship and it's hard to bring balance here. I suggested different shallow levels as fix for balance.

To be fair, before hercules the niagara was just as viable as the rattle and a merc wasnt far behind. I think a herc with poods is a crazy idea, very op.

8 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Niagara stands OK in terms of firepower, but has very weak bowsprit that gets destroyed with any colision + only 2 masts, easy to demast and it's game over. It was also buffed several months ago, Niagaras were much weaker before. Why no one uses Snows or Brigs or Navy Brigs in PBs? Why these ships are left behind? I see only 2 meta ships at the time, Niagara + Heavy Rattle in past (sometimes Prince & Mercury) now Xebec + Hercules.

That is why I suggest a refit with a completely different name. It should have boosted weaknesses. Such ships could act as exchange vessels. 

Edited by Wind

6 hours ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

I wouldn't mind paying to replace premium ships that I loose, if I can't afford then I wait til I can. Also a reason why would you wouldn't see it dominating, if you have to pay for each ship then people won't risc loosing it that much. So won't dominate patrol zones etc.

How many people do you think will be willing to pay 10 or 20 bucks per ship per loss? How would you stop gankers and griefers from hunting these ships down because people paid real money. Think ganking should bad now, wait until losing ships cost real money. 

No, making people pay cash over and over again for premium ships/content is a bad idea, this is not Eve.

5 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

How many people do you think will be willing to pay 10 or 20 bucks per ship per loss?

Many.

How would you stop gankers and griefers from hunting these ships down because people paid real money. Think ganking should bad now, wait until losing ships cost real money. 

Would you go all crazy about a ship that someone payed 10 Euro for and muster all the Captains you can and go hunt it down because of that?. No, Ganking wouldn't change at all.

No, making people pay cash over and over again for premium ships/content is a bad idea, this is not Eve.

I don't know about Eve, but it's been around since 2003, having a record of 65 303 players online. Guess they did something right?.