Game-Labs Forum

Patch 23: Updated Tutorial, Special ship and new UI teaser.

admin

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

My advice is to not rush through it. This game and the combat is incredibly deep.

In PvE this is somewhat true but for PvP this is not true. Repair kits are forcing you to be aggressive in PvP. @admin make a note here.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

16 hours ago, Wraith said:

Yeah, but he attacked you! This was a consensual PvP encounter, and not really what we're talking about here.

A new player who sails out and tags an AI trader for a bit of action and some leveling up?  You found his battle, jumped in, he's dead.  He probably doesn't even know how to open up Nation chat while he's in battle to ask for help!

Not to mention, the new reinforcements are laughable for a good hunting group.. New players are totally at the mercy of PvP'ers inside those zones and combined with a cliff wall of a learning curve it's just incredibly unfriendly, especially when the only effective solution is to say, "Go away to some remote corner of the map until you're gud."  I just fundamentally disagree with the mentality that we should bash our new players until they submit and refund and the 1 out of 100 that is an extreme try/die-hard sticks it out to become one of those sharks circling the green zone cage because that's where the easy prey are at.

This is the situation we are ending up with in the game at the moment and you can see just how content we are all with that.. 

This is maybe the best post on the forum at this time.

Edited by Cornelius Trash
  • Like 2

There wasn't much response to my tutorial. "Teaching"  question.

The tutorials Really Should have information and advice in them or they will barely help new players.

Even "non sailing" tips like showing how to open and switch chats in battle would be super useful.

10 hours ago, rbnhd76 said:

I got other exams after a few tries but I cannot get past endurance, tried 10 or 11 times now, by the time I get to second ship, I have no structure left, angling does nothing as the ai just sniped the * out of me. I get the repairs and sail away, repair, ai takes that out on one broadside. I'm at a loss, I'm no good at boarding, what do I do? 

The easiest way is to take out the first ship straight away with boarding. When you start hit 9 straight away to get boarding prep up, just sail straight into one of the AI slowing down before you reach him and he will either board you or you can initiate boarding. Immediately the boarding starts go for attack and the AI will go defend but at the last second switch to deck guns and you should take out a few of his crew. Then you just brace till your deck guns are ready again and repeat just watching incase he does an attack and be ready to defend. You will eventually get the crew difference enough that you can do a last second attack into his grenades to win the boarding. You should end up with around 100 crew left and have access to his ship as well so you can swap later on if you take too much damage.

The fact that the player cannot leave  the exam session if the fight is poorly engaged, to redo it a better, has no other sense than being moral killing.

If the ship is taking water, even surrender is no more possible. The player has to wait, for no reason, the necessary time to sink. 

Edited by Eleazar de Damas

On 4/22/2018 at 2:38 AM, OneEyedSnake said:

1144D2493096A90EC63AAEB758589654B3C3EA9A

pretty sad i did the tutorial on my first try and didnt even get one built in upgrade. when this gets fixed (as it is bs, and i have no doubt it will), will us poor buggers that didnt get anything be compensated for our rotten luck? Because a reward based on skill, shouldnt be luck based. 😄 @Ink @admin

giving ships received from notes a slot guarantee is a double edge sword. 

on one hand we want some ships to be more special than others. On other hand we do not want any complaints or suspicion that paying for advantage can happen. As a result we decided that every mechanic that gives player the option to pass the crafting should grant the ship using same methods that crafting ships provide (that includes the chance to receive a little bit better ship).

All standard ships are 3/5 and we guarantee 3/5 - some ships might be better, but you should never expect them for granted.

So if we only give 3/5 people will be upset. If we give ships from notes (including premium vessels) 5/5 or 4/5 guarantee people will be upset too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

The fact that the player cannot leave  the exam session if the fight is poorly engaged, to redo it a better, has no other sense than being moral killing.

If the ship is taking water, even surrender is no more possible. The player has to wait, for no reason, the necessary time to sink. 

you can exit all exams sessions using exit button or leave battle button.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:58 PM, Christendom said:

I really enjoyed the fact that I was able to click a button and instantly be put in a ship and go fight something for an hour.  I liked listening to people on TS and nation chat give others advice on how to win theirs.  I liked that it gave everyone in the community something to do and share ideas about. 

I understand what you are suggesting.
Its a constant fight between lobby content and OW content… maybe if everyone enjoyed this exam its one of the directions we should review and try to add more testing content in this area.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 6:47 PM, chaireddin said:

I was the one got attacked by a trinc.

My reinforcement was a surp...heading in the wrong direction, so it had to turn 180°. The time i was sunk, the Trinc wasn´t scratched (i tried to shoot the sails).

Those reinforcements are a joke, the attacker just ignore them and sink you, specially when sailing trade ships.....

Reinforcements are strong but players can overcome them especially if you separate and sail far from them. Did you try staying close to your protector so it can maximize its fighting strength ?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, admin said:

Its a constant fight between lobby content and OW content… maybe if everyone enjoyed this exam its one of the directions we should review and try to add more testing content in this area.

Please give us duel room back. I'm begging you! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, admin said:

Reinforcements are strong but players can overcome them especially if you separate and sail far from them. Did you try staying close to your protector so it can maximize its fighting strength ?

To be fair since battles are open forever and people can join on top of the attacker the ai doesn't need to be useful. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, admin said:

Why not include stuff like that there?

image.thumb.png.9bd4375df290bd4ddbdd8d74caae3d54.png

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, admin said:

you can exit all exams sessions using exit button or leave battle button.

It seems  that the "leave battle" button is disable in the final exam, players having either to surrender when still possible, or to put sails down and disable surviving to be sunk more rapidly or to exit the game.

Ihad to make several moral lifting sessions on Saturday by Team Speak.

47 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

And of the attacked as well.

I don't like that but there are bigger issues with than that. I as a Dane cannot attack a prussian in British green zone because battles stay open and Prussian zero is strong 

• Like 1

Just now, HachiRoku said:

I don't like that but there are bigger issues with than that. I as a Dane cannot attack a prussian in British green zone because battles stay open and Prussian zero is strong 

Ah, gotcha. Think that specific issue of zones affecting other nations conflict has been pointed several times. You are correct.

In that specific case Battle should stay open and Danes, Prussians or Pirates would be able to join.

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

what are you suggesting?

10 minutes ago, admin said:

what are you suggesting?

Change RoE and make it more complex...

If a player belonging to that greenzone nation gets attacked or attacks the battle stays always open.

If 2 players of different nation regarding the greenzone attack each other the battle has normal ow RoE

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

Challenges is a good idea. Also fast for you to implement hours of content for players.

OW is simply too gank heavy. Not many are interested to fight "1 vs 3-10" all the time.

Test #SignalingPerkForAll 1-3 months. You can lose nothing, it is early access.

30 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

What is signaling? I don't remember

Weaker side can be reinforced. You have 200BR enemy has 600BR, your side can get 400BR of reinforcements before battle is closed for all.

This could be topped so that if your nation owns the area you sail at you get signaling up to 1.2xBR.  Or a clan building that enables signaling.

I still would test 1xBR signaling in general, maybe then some bonus buildings etc.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

That's not how the original Signalling worked. The mechanic you described was supposed to be how the Rookie zone balancing worked but it was forever bugged.

Signalling was just 10 minute join timers if I recall correctly?

Methinks ten minutes the wekaer side could be reinforced untill BR was equal. higher BR side couldn't be joined.

Though this is a tempting idea to reinvent it. It's the pros ganker tool No.1. Now everybody can tell me that its fair if Hachi or Liq or Moscalb or whatever the names are attacks a casual player in a higher BRed ship. It just isn't. tbh it really would fit my playstyle, though if this should come back, at least not in the green zone.

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

No. You could qttack someone and then the BR limit would be in place. Glirious days when good pvp players dragged out a enemy fleet, tagged half of them so they can get a even fight and win

Actually signaling is not needed outside of safezones I guess.

admit it. u only want to sail SC again ;) (not the one you gave me and i lost it in pve🙈)

• Like 1