Game-Labs Forum

Patch 22: Patrol BR limits, Grape fix and Planking mechanics improvements

admin

13 minutes ago, admin said:

You probably don't know the context. The context is this: we get hundreds of messages that someone said something in chat. If we take time to react to every claim we will have to stop working. 90% of chat claims are usually wrong. 

Thats why we responded - get us something more than "someone heard something in chat"

Show us the screen, post a video or NAB numbers. This is a community - we should help each other to save time too.
And stop this sarcasm - leave it for National news.

PS
Fitouts that completely block grape damage actually existed since the introduction of reinforced stern, no-one was using them before. Time to nerf some of the books. 

The 100% crew damage reduction works. There isn´t so much to it. You use Iron Knees, Reinforced Stern, Reinforced Bow as permanent upgrades. Then Historique de le marine, The Ground Book and Book of Five Rings. Then you take no damage whatsoever in ship to ship battles. Endless stern rakes, 0 crew loss. Balls or grape.

The 6 items together gives 100% reduction to damage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Przemo said:

Its ridiciulus that small ship like prince can even get close to 2nd, 1st rate, sit on ass and stern rake as long as he wants.

no its not
3 princes cannot do anything to a Bucentaure, buc can even deny the fight against princes if he wants to. Just sail straight at best angle (they then cannot sit on the stern), and if they sail parallel course they will die. 

also several captains in history were able to use deck height difference to their advantage. And muskets did not help much
VLQveeG.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

This and that big ships would have marines firing muskets to the deck of the enemy ship if it gets too close.

200 muskets firing down on an open decked ship tends to end badly for that ship. I think its time for a new game mechanic! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, admin said:

no its not
3 princes cannot do anything to a Bucentaure, buc can even deny the fight against princes if he wants to. Just sail straight at best angle (they sit on the stern yet), and if they sail parallel course they will die. 

You physically cannot hit them if they are right against your side. Which is what happened to me. I'd recommend reverting whatever you did to thickness and tagging because it's really quite ridiculous that 2 6th rates with pea shooters were even able to tag me in the first place and then sink me within 10 mins of sitting right against my side.

Edited by Aventador

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Moral is a normal thing in NA. The issue was more that too many pve players took/take part in these rvr actions so they get discouraged fast because their motivation is to get the upgrade etc and not the fight or win or impovement itself. These guys didn't enjoy the battles and came only to win. A team of 10 active players can right now do a lot of rvr but there are none of these players left atm. I guess because there is no reason to capture a port anymore except to get a fight. The meaning behind a port is important for players.

I agree and I dont agree. I agree because personally I enjoyed the flagmechanic a lot more when it was not used for fakeflags because it was easy, simple and fast pvp with a lot of OW pvp. I would love to test a flagmechanic with todays roe and br shield together with pvp marks that you get trough the pvp event.

People might not like it because they have to be online to defend and cant just come online for the portbattle or because they could lose sruff when they are not online but I think it adds to the feeling and dynamic of RvR. The best moments in NA in recent months was when we defended against hostility or if we got attacked while doing it in carta. It is just more fun than planning several days ahead. Just get online form a fleet and attack some guys. Was a nice mechanic.

PvE grind now isnt that bad if 10 guys do it.

For a lot of people cost is a factor. Not everyone is loaded with gold and mats because some nations, like GB, doesn't have any teak ports for instance. There's only so long poor players can keep throwing ships away before they go "bugger it".

Aye a fight is good but taking Cartagena is one thing, keeping it is quite another. Why bother going to the expense of trying to take Cartagena when you'll likely have it taken from you in a week or so even if you do by some fluke win in the first place? It's a lot easier just to get someone from Sweden to buy the tar.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

It is funny that, in NA, a light ship small cannons can decrew a 88 guns ship. On Trafalgar, the stern rakes were made by ships with, at least, 74 guns. Not frigates either other small ships.

Prince cannot decrew an AFK ship - it will still have 20-30% of crew left
if BUC had DD (determined defender) they wont even be able to board

If BUC lets princes hug himself, he made a huge mistake. But it is correctable - He should have stopped and boarded one of them. then moved on. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

It is funny that, in NA, a light ship small cannons can decrew a 88 guns ship. On Trafalgar, the stern rakes were made by ships with, at least, 74 guns. Not frigates either other small ships.

I think you will find that the reason frigates did not stern-rake at trafalgar was because frigates weren’t involved in the fight.

the smallest ship to do any effective raking at the battle of Trafalgar that I know of was the 64-gun Agamemnon when it was engaged with the Santi.

there are numerous examples of frigates stern-raking SotLs in smaller engagements.

Just now, Percival Merewether said:

I think you will find that the reason frigates did not stern-rake at trafalgar was because frigates weren’t involved in the fight.

the smallest ship to do any effective raking at the battle of Trafalgar that I know of was the 64-gun Agamemnon when it was engaged with the Santi.

there are numerous examples of frigates stern-raking SotLs in smaller engagements.

one of them the famous battle of British frigate against Generoux who decrewed a French 74. He still lost the battle for other reasons but was knighted for trying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percival Merewether said:

Creo que descubrirás que la razón por la cual las fragatas no hicieron popa en Trafalgar fue porque las fragatas no estuvieron involucradas en la lucha.

el barco más pequeño para hacer cualquier rastrillo efectivo en la batalla de Trafalgar que yo sepa era el Agamemnon de 64 cañones cuando estaba involucrado con los Santi.

hay numerosos ejemplos de fragatas SotLs severas en compromisos más pequeños.

hahaha, you are very funny, ask the frigates who faced the Glorious.

4 hours ago, rediii said:

There is no active war or something on the server just some single portbattles to get pvp. RvR right now is dead, you can conquer stuff but there is no reason to do it. You either have the ressource already or dont want it, you dont get anything from a pb except VMs you dont need because you already get them.

Maybe prussia is able to motivate people to do hostility to get a battle similar to what they have in the Patrol zone but most others can't. Sweden is or was considered a zerg but the most people we had at hostility in Nippes was 5 and in Bahia Escosesa it was 3.

Maybe only sweden is dead again I don't know. enjoy your RvR (last PB was Samana for you right?)

Sweden doesn't realy need me btw since there is noone joining actions we plan days ahead anyway.

In my reality prussia should go for cartagena. Right now you guys are the strongest RvR nation. Sweden only won in Samana because we used the new meta on a big scale first. (maybe you could even say we exploited the OP thickness)

In this aspect you're right.

This is how RvR could be fix and could start to matter :

PS. We're lucky to have one old prussian clan doing hostility for us. After Samanta we had 2 offensive PB's. 

A big ship lost to a bunch of small ships it happens everyday in NA, I can see why it would be annoying but you wouldn't be the first or the last to die to a pack of wolves. 

We sank a Bellona with 3 Princes awhile back, he made mistakes. Perhaps see what you can improve before throwing out buffs etc. Everyone makes mistakes. 

However i would like to see marines shooting muskets from the deck also :D 

Also liking the changes so far.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 2

How bout we forget BR for the patrol missions and just count ships.

Ship A tags ship B, 3rd ship in picks team A or Team B, 4th ship goes to smaller team or chooses not to join, and so on........

being on the wrong side of a 5 to 1(or worse) Mollywhop is no fun and a waste of gaming time.

11 minutes ago, Aventador said:

I mean you can pull everything that you want out of the history books but it won't change the fact that it's game breaking. 

Any ship can be destroyed by any ship if not used properly. 

• Like 4