Game-Labs Forum

Patch 18: BR and Smuggler fix

admin

6 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

On the mentioned website (which claims to use your data) it looks like the Vic is the best overall sailor of the 1st rates.

... but isn‘t the Vic slower than the Santi on bearings closer than 60 degrees to the wind?

let me know the specific of the mistake we will fix it.. victory should be the fastest 1st rate closed haul and closer to wind

On 2/23/2018 at 8:56 PM, Fenris said:

Thanks. What about Nassau? Is that on purpose having 2850 BR?

no purpose - theoretically it can be most profitable port in the caribbean - thus the BR

but i agree its too high. - i always forget to fix it. Will put the reminder.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PG Monkey said:

To get the prolific forger you have to search for it in the store (or you get "There is no downloadable content for this game" message).dlc.jpg.50936d03c56a371b70b384c2e2021089.jpg

It probably has to do with NA still being in early access. But that's only my guess.

8 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

50 to 1 is a bullshit argument. There is no nation on server which can bring 300 or more screeners in front of a port. And if they are able to bring 50, you wouldn't be able to win the PB anyway with only one player attacking. :P 

50 to 1 is an exaggeration. But we did get our full PB fleet into Cayo Biscanyo with (literally) 50+ screeners outside... the US were too dumb to expect us to come from south :D Too bad we lost that PB due to game mechanics :( (won majority of points but failed to hit 1k)

I don't really care what Russia did and didn't do, because they took the coward's way out and jumped ship the minute the rules changed out of their favor. The small nations are supposed to be "impossible" difficulty and the rules now reflect that difficulty better. I (for one) am very happy about the BR change because the previous system discouraged solo hunting in 5-6th rates (BR difference). We are a PvP nation first and RvR second and we know how to manage our expectations and not get salty over rule changes. Have fun hiding out at Charleston :P 

Hotfix is being deployed

• Emergency fix of the port control user interface that helps clans owning more than 28 ports
  • Sealed bottles loot have been improved
  • Logs added to battle joins to help find the bug with disappearing buttons
  • Determined defender is back
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, admin said:

Hotfix is being deployed

• Emergency fix of the port control user interface that helps clans owning more than 28 ports

Sealed Bottle loot has certainly been improved. The only problem is how do I pick it up? Even an Indiaman's hold is way too small. The problem is the PvP mark (weight 5000). Either they should not weigh anything (why would anyone actually sail them around?), or they should not be a loot item.

20180302124704_1.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Rufus Swipe said:

Sealed Bottle loot has certainly been improved. The only problem is how do I pick it up? Even an Indiaman's hold is way too small. The problem is the PvP mark (weight 5000). Either they should not weigh anything (why would anyone actually sail them around?), or they should not be a loot item.

Just ran into the same problem.  Pickup weight of 5596.  But I didn't realize the PvP mark had anything to do with it.

4 hours ago, admin said:

Hotfix is being deployed

Why do we even have clans with that many ports?  There really should be a penalty to owning to many ports. It's way to easy to get money in this game.  How about we cap the amount of ports that you can set timers on so that a clan that gets say more than 10-15 ports can't have timers on the other ports and risk loosing them cause they are spread out to thin.  Other wise you have the problem where a few mega clans own most of the map and folks never fight cause they don't want to get curved stomp by these mega clans.  25 should be the cap of ports owned any way.  

4 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

no it wasn't. It requires skill and stops rage boarding. Why should chain boarding be possible? 

If some one chain boards they are loosing crew each time cause of the rum cool down.  This perk was from the Gold Marines, Gold Boarding party and Press Gang perk days where you could take a smaller ship and chain board larger ships. You can't do that now in game.  No you can't even board a ship of same crew as you cause you will need 30% more crew to do the board and boarding a ship under crew was all ready bad even if you had all baord mods and they had barricades cause defensive mods are so much more powerfull than offisinve mods. I won most my baords in the past with nothing but barricades most the time.  Now I can't even pull another ship unless I have 30% more crew than them.

I would say there needs to be a counter perk than if some one takes this than maybe allow if you don't have this perk but you can take press gang (one perk or the other, but not both).  Cause if your going to bring back this perk than you need to bring back Press Gang too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rufus Swipe said:

<screenshot>

same here:

96 Gold Coins, 25 Greenheart logs, 1 historical artifact, a PvP Mark and a skill book = 7894.2 on 5 slots ant that from a GunBoat ;)