Game-Labs Forum

Patch 15: Tutorial testing and many other things

admin

16 hours ago, admin said:

1. Port battle timer ONLY affects attackers of the port. Defenders can enter the port battle right from the harbor. 

@admin

Why you are fix it?

Every Nation have friendly nations for helping in screening!

Edited by Christoph

45 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

so if I pay 15-30 PvP marks for a ship note (worth 6-12m gold) I get a casual ship, but crafters making a ship worth probably 200-500k gold in mats get better quality ships. 

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. When you get a PvP note ship you are instantly able to craft a ship of whatever materials, no matter how rare or exotic of your choice. The crafters that spend so much time and energy on figuring out how to get these rare and sought after build materials ought to have a benefit.

Edited by Bristol Fashion
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Because its shitty gameplay and not nice fights. Most play for nice fights and not for losing fights and still winning the pb...

agree with you but the attacking fleet can never join the pb when then enemys have a screening fleet. i think thats the same problem. 

the screening fleet attack you (bad tack). you leave the battle and the screening fleet attack you twice. you never join the pb.

4 minutes ago, Christoph said:

agree with you but the attacking fleet can never join the pb when then enemys have a screening fleet. i think thats the same problem. 

the screening fleet attack you (bad tack). you leave the battle and the screening fleet attack you twice. you never join the pb.

The attacking fraction could join the portbattle, if they screen the defending screeners.

3 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

The defender should have the advantage.  If the attackers don't have enough ships to fight through the enemy ships, then the port shouldn't change hands.

This is a fair compromise and I bet this was the plan all along. I think they took away defensive joining to pissed us off then when they gave it back we were grateful and didn't mind the attacking screening still being in affect. 

I hope this was the plan otherwise the Devs are waaay out of touch. 

I think it would be better if there were some mali to outweigh the buff percentages. 

E.g. +5% speed with - 5% turnrate, 3% speed and 3% turnrate with one or two upgrade slots less, etc.

But with this kind of system the crafter should have the choice whether he wants to craft a 'vanilla' ship or a modded one.

@admin

I appreciate your preference to "Dark Souls"!

But i also think that it is no good idea to bring back luck into crafting.

I think there are other ways to make crafting more valuable:

E.g. get rid of all the permanent upgrades and enable crafters to learn to craft the features into ships, which right now are still available through perm. upgrades.

If you'd make these bonuses depending not only on crafting skill, but also on rare ressources - like cartagena tar (just without the permanent upgrade) - you 'd have these ressources as RvR incentives plus you'd make trading more valuable, i think!

An answer of yours would be most welcome! :)

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Small nations should at least be able to defend. 

Also attacker has an advantage because he can choose when the PB happens and so he can put the PB to the best time and has a lot of players online.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, victor said:

It seems that a lot of people actually still buy ships from me. 

Whats your profit/LH, thats the important part.

Imagine i would compete with you throwing ships on the market using hundreds of labour contracts. Do you think you would be able to make reasonable profit with ships? Exactly this is happening, just that youre competing with all this organised crafting by request thing. Much more supply than demand. Selfsupply in the first place. Ships are not more than gold + labour. Gold worthless + labour worthless = ships worthless.

14 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Whats your profit/LH, thats the important part.

Imagine i would compete with you throwing ships on the market using hundreds of labour contracts. Do you think you would be able to make reasonable profit with ships? Exactly this is happening, just that youre competing with all this organised crafting by request thing. Much more supply than demand. Selfsupply in the first place. Ships are not more than gold + labour. Gold worthless + labour worthless = ships worthless.

Customized wood types are not worthless. I can't get most ships unless I order them from a ship builder in the wood types I want. 

Just now, Flinch said:

Customized wood types are not worthless. I can't get most ships unless I order them from a ship builder in the wood types I want. 

Most of the time those shipbuilders are selling to you at barely any profit. Not with the time/money earned ratio of hauling mats, getting the marks and keeping LH stocked.

Don't even get me started on trying to sell on the open market.  There's just no value to a crafted ship these days. Most PVPers are already set with captured/note ships. It's gotta be easier, or there has to be more returns from crafting.

2 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Most of the time those shipbuilders are selling to you at barely any profit. Not with the time/money earned ratio of hauling mats, getting the marks and keeping LH stocked.

Don't even get me started on trying to sell on the open market.  There's just no value to a crafted ship these days. Most PVPers are already set with captured/note ships. It's gotta be easier, or there has to be more returns from crafting.

Parting from the norm a little, but I prefer to give things away or just sell them at large discounts.  Ships too, crafted.  Unfortunately I know that is negative to the crafting market, but that's one of my joys in the game.  I don't do it for personal profit of my character.