Game-Labs Forum

Duel Rooms, Again...

NA players are not playing Legends as we have seen. Please correct me if im wrong but I have tryed 1v1 contest and couldn't find battles. Who wants to wait for a possible fight in a ship that is not their choice? I have done one duel vs a player that couldn't sail. I want to fight good players and not some radom person that has played 2 hours and sails vs me in Cerberus duel. Alot of people do not have the energy or time to level another game and get back into a cutter again so they don't bother install or play. I logged in on day 1 and logged of right after the first battle with cutter. (Newbies should start in brig or snow for reasons I've said in past but that is off topic).  When we had duel rooms in the past, they were rarely used anyway and have never taken players away from the open sea. I cannot explain any disadvantage to having the duel room back. We have 700 people online now and adding something that is in the game already and just needs to be made available again is content vs no content.  

pros:

Great for testing ships!

Teaching/figthing your own nation or clan mates

The overall skill of duelist and players in general.  

It can give an amateur the chance to duel a good player with 0 risk.

No need to have the same port.

If you want to duel someone good you don't need to use tow for a ship you need for and hour max

Cons:

?

?

?

?

@admin Please give us your thoughts as this is a very important topic for myself and many others. Is there a chance in duels coming back?

• Like 21

I have longed for that since the start of the game. Many, many have expressed the same wish. But it is apparently nothing the developers wants to have.

I want 1 vs 1 fights between EQUAL ships. Fights that are easy to get. And I that does not exist in NA and only to a certain degree in NA legends.

why dont the developers want us to sail 1 vs 1???

15 minutes ago, Ligatorswe said:

I have longed for that since the start of the game. Many, many have expressed the same wish. But it is apparently nothing the developers wants to have.

I want 1 vs 1 fights between EQUAL ships. Fights that are easy to get. And I that does not exist in NA and only to a certain degree in NA legends.

why dont the developers want us to sail 1 vs 1???

You must be new. We had duel rooms in the past. they were removed

edit: youre around since 2014. Sorry my mistake :)

Edited by HachiRoku

3 minutes ago, admin said:

sponsored post:
duel tournaments! every weekend in legends :) equal ships equal upgrades only skill matters!

We dont have ship choice, player choice and the waiting queue is a few players and takes ages for matchmaking for me. I can't see the point in changing game for a 1v1

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

We need a duelroom in NA to teach people. Its not even that we want them, we NEED them. Its no fun for noobs to go and sink somewhere without knowing basics before.

You cant just tell people basics or give them a video or textguide. they will still suck atleast 10 battles.

@Havelock @sveno @Mikocen @Jon Snow lets go @troody Tell the swerg to voice their oppinions.

We need this hello kittying duelroom, restrict it to same port or whatever but we need it to train people. They will go and pvp after they know how it works. They break the barrier that hinders them in going out and fighting someone by doing some training first

+100000000000000

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

In history there were no duell rooms, go for historicall correctness please (and to keep my skill advantage above the new starting plebs ;-) )

thats no what duels are for for me most times. Its to keep my skill above yours :P

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, admin said:

sponsored post:
duel tournaments! every weekend in legends :) equal ships equal upgrades only skill matters!

Thats a different game. We are talking about NA.

Dear Developers

We need duel rooms back, no question about it.

It is really annoying that you cannot help your friends get trough that pvp skill barrier, where you need a pro being closely working with you.

Many thanks for your consideration!

Regards,

sveno

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rediii said:

In history you died when you died.

I demand a gamedeinstall and Deletion of the profile if you sink. Makes surrender worth more

Of course even if you survived after surrender, you were a decade older, health shattered and often paroled under the agreement you would not fight that nation again.  Then you had a court marshal and might not sail a ship ever again.

If we are being real.  And lets introduce grounding.  Ground your ship and sand and you spend a couple hours getting it off.  Ground it in rocks and you are losing that ship.

4 hours ago, rediii said:

We need a duelroom in NA to teach people. Its not even that we want them, we NEED them. Its no fun for noobs to go and sink somewhere without knowing basics before.

You cant just tell people basics or give them a video or textguide. they will still suck atleast 10 battles.

Redii, I remember when you commented my VM post by saying - there are other ways of dealing with it. Well, I'll use this topic to respond in a similarly unproductive way as well,  to return the favor :P Don't get upset :) 

You can deal with it. Just tag a trader in the OW and train by fighting green on green, or use alt. If you're in one of new nations, thanks to a very useful bug, you can even have a green on green with boarding and PvP marks.

It's not such a big issue. I trained many people like this, even eg. 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 1.

Some tips:

• tag a trader in OW, ask your AI to demast it while you fight
  • tag a weak warship, first train demasting, then fight
  • tag an alt, enter battle from both sides (for new nations only)
Edited by vazco

@vazco Do you like wasting your time and looking for AI? And taking risk that somebody will gank you? Game shouldnt annoy players, with your tips it does.
But I fully agree that it should only work only if both players are in the same port.

Duel room was a great option for testing and teaching. The problem with it was that you could teleport your ship with "Send to port" option after duel, but this option doesnt exist in game anymore, so why not implement duel room again? It doesnt give money, exp points, there is nothing what you can gain by it except your own expierence. I would really love to see it once again : -)

Edited by Mikocen

50 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

@Vazco Do you like wasting your time and looking for AI? And taking risk that somebody will gank you? Game shouldnt annoy players, with your tips it does.
But I fully agree that it should only work only if both players are in the same port.

Duel room was a great option for testing and teaching. The problem with it was that you could teleport your ship with "Send to port" option after duel, but this option doesnt exist in game anymore, so why not implement duel room again? It doesnt give money, exp points, there is nothing what you can gain by it except your own expierence. I would really love to see it once again : -)

I don't :P I'm just replying in the same tone as I was replied to on VM issue - there are ways to deal with it :P that's basically trolling, I'm not against duel rooms from the same port. 

I could say that we in the Commonwealth are dealing with this issue and that's probably why we don't have issues training people, like other nations which only like to complain and whine. This would be super - trolling though, that's why I won't do this :)

Introduce duel rooms already :)

16 hours ago, vazco said:

I don't :P I'm just replying in the same tone as I was replied to on VM issue - there are ways to deal with it :P that's basically trolling, I'm not against duel rooms from the same port. 

I could say that we in the Commonwealth are dealing with this issue and that's probably why we don't have issues training people, like other nations which only like to complain and whine. This would be super - trolling though, that's why I won't do this :)

Introduce duel rooms already :)

You are not in Commonwealth anymore :P 

The developers want players to use Legends for duels (no surprise). 

In my experience, if you wait for the developers to do something, you will wait a long time. Same nation duels are fairly easy to do currently with smuggler flag and tagging AI trade ship. This is probably your best bet.