Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

able to choose name to your boat, Auction House, able for building ship also not only buy, the economy development would be nice, also able to walk around island and town around and do some missions and dockyard tavern all of these, even able to trade goods, and rob some goods ships, like there be classes in the game no everyone naval officer some traders and privatears and pirates and merchants and all those stuff

and able to find loot and improve the guns and ship, repair kits, castumize ship sail and hull maybe even guns idk

When the battle begins, would it be possible to allow 20 or so seconds for players to access the constructor and modify their weapons (or pick a saved config).  It seems like it would be more interesting to pick your weapons once you know the teams and ships you're up against.  If the team members could collude during some time before the game launches as to who should load out longs and who should go for carronades, that might add a lot to the game.  Any thoughts if this would be possible / desirable?

• Like 1

Someone might of said this before, quite a lot of pages before.

But I'd like to see the boat drift with the waves when standing still, and to prevent to boat to drift away I'd like to see the anchors work (be able to lower and rise them with animation)

• Like 1

I would love to see moving dark patches on the water that indicate regional increased wind velocity, so i can yell out to whoever might be listening; "Puff on!" then hold tight to the tiller as my ship tries to round up with a bone between its teeth.  Aargh.

Small detail, but..

Tattered flags... the flags remain pristine throughout the battle. Would like to see them become damaged with rips, holes, chunks missing etc as the ship takes fire, like the sails do.

A tattered flag is the trademark of a hard fought battle on both land and sea!

Edited by Syrinx69
  • Like 1

not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but chat lock is pretty annoying.

any chance it can be changed so you dont have to press esc to exit chat

edit: found another little thing today regarding some sort of compass or an indicator of which way your camera is facing in regards to your heading. it doesnt sound like much, but it makes it a bit easier in keeping track of enemies and friendlies in relation to your position.

Edited by Aussie_Fox

I would to see some more detailed damage models and repair details, similar to Napoleon: Total War. When you repaired your ship, you could see make shift wooden boards covering up any cannon ball holes. Also not sure if it's in the game, but cannons should be destroyable, and you should see them off their carriages.

I think the ships should be a bit more alive (definitely help with emersion and getting attached to the ship), as someone said you should have an avatar on the poop deck, barking out orders. I think you should see slightly better dressed sailors-signifying higher ranks walking around the ship. Sailors up the rigging etc. Bigger ships could even have a complement of marines onboard shooting at close enemy ships. And More smoke! Smoke in extended close quarters engagements was definitely a big thing! I know the game has smoke now, but it would definitely help with realism if huge smoke clouds were floating around after two massive broadsides.

Could you also maybe add fire by deck to the multiple decked ships, might be handy in rough seas to be able to shoot without wasting a decks worth of shot over the enemies ship.

Edited by Outsurgent

Not sure if this has been discussed (though im sure it has) but have any of these ideas been brought up or considered?

- More Crew on the Ship visibly, instead of just having the crew on the cannons? 

- If, there will be more crew displayed on screen, is there talks of having physics when a cannonball hits crew they are propelled from the ship into the water? (getting crazy I know haha)

- Has there been talks about making damage to ships more realistic and visual so that a enemies health bar can be removed, and damage to a ship can be determined simply by looking at an enemies ship.

Just some ideas, but im sure all have been brought up before. Thanks all 

I would like to see a "Smuggling" mechanic,quick trips to France for a hold full of Brandy,(although not PC)Slaver runs to Africa and then to the Carribean and the States.This would give the player an avenue for raising Revenue and at the same time a chance for "The Revenue" or the RN to foil the Brandy Runners.

• Like 1

I would like to see, an option, where it would be possible to tell your crew that the next loaded ammo can be pre-set... or how that is called.. for instance: if you know your next shots need to change from double to chain or single again... as a pre-selection,, so the canons keep the ammo loaded, but got an other kind loaded in qeue after the guns have fired..., it would be even more tactical if you might create a qeue of 3 or 4, so maybe the next few salvo's can be chosen... beacause in game... you might be in a reload sequal @ 80% 9 canons 4 have fired already, have reloaded but got the new ammo choice in there guns..  i hope you guy's understand my issue. because i find it hard to write down what i mean... and reading this back, i see a big chance of me beening misunderstude..

Regards  T. McQeck

Dutch West Indies Trading Company...

• Like 4

The Lynx and the Privateer can already sail "wing on wing" or "goosewinged" downwind, sorta but not quite like this illustration..

They even hold the goosewing when we switch back to auto sail, all I ask for is a little speed boost, maybe 1/2 a knot when we take the time to spread our wings.

I think this is a great idea.  Some additional sail controls would also be nice, for those racing sailors out there who aren't happy unless they're messing with the trim to squeeze every last knot out of her  ;)   

For that matter,  it might even be interesting to be able to overload your rigging and damage spars and such.  In a chase, you would have to decide how much you want to risk it or if your rigging is in good enough shape to handle a heavier press.  This would necessitate a need to be able to reef in-game.

Edited by Jack Redmen
  • Like 5

I posted this somewhere else recently, but this seems more appropriate.  Some water running out of the scuppers when you're in survival mode (and have flooding) would be nice.  It would give an attentive enemy a little advantage knowing that you couldn't maneuver or fire quite as fast.

Another thing that would be nice is to be able to 'board' a friendly ship who's d/c after a certain amount of time that they're away (maybe 5 minutes or so).  It would be great to step off of your sinking brig in a fleet action and onto a perfectly good frigate that has been drifting the whole match.

• Like 1

I would like to see 

we should be allowed in open world to "dump the guns" to get away from incoming ships and loose the weight of them 

also like 1 officer on the quarter deck just 1 

when you are chasing a ship or wanting to go fast you should be able to put up the side sails for extra speed 

• Like 1

Some basic voice acting to increase the immersion and feedback.

Friendly ship close on the Larbord side sir

Sire...we hit a friendly

Captain we are taking heavy water

There goes the rudder sir

Shots were long sir

Load chain you laggards

Sire Captain Prater spotted...prepare to ram.

• Like 3

Some basic voice acting to increase the immersion and feedback.

Careful what you wish for... The same recordings playing over and over with the same intonation might actually limit immersion... dare I say "arcadey"?

The Prater warning you suggest is necessary, though, if anyone's going to have a fighting chance ;-)