Game-Labs Forum

Concerning hacks/ cheaters with vid

ur devs that are not real devs. real devs take care of there game and community arround it. ur just saying most likely not. or we dont think.....  we are not playing hide and seek ur a "company" and we are your customers that give u money not taking this serious is a complete joke.

its so sad any other game would do research or take this problem way more serieus. For me this game is a sinking ship im leaving it( to late because i had hope for a long time that some day there would be a great update but i was wrong). and now this problem occured and u just turn it arround for us so show better proof is not the real world. i dont have acces to the loggs or server how can i do proper research ur the ones that can do it but ur just not taking ur customers serieus. and something what looked safe 2 years ago against hacking can change aswel inst it. but it seems my energie is wasted here to point something out. i will just give the game the worse rating in steam and move on to an other game. have a nice christamas and happy new year.

You dont even have video evidence of your side, what the heck are you expecting? As long as its not certain that you were not on Brace as example (so your crew won't react to any commands), why would anyone even bother? Get solid evidence first

1 minute ago, Liq said:

You dont even have video evidence of your side, what the heck are you expecting? As long as its not certain that you were not on Brace as example (so your crew won't react to any commands), why would anyone even bother? Get solid evidence first

that's no use.

Any evidence a player can present can be shoved aside by the devs with "you likely pressed a wrong button"

like i said its now about this one case. it happens evry week multiple times an 15+ players that i know. probly there are way more ppl affecting this. the devs just say u might or probly this and they dont look into it. if they look into this they would have seen im sailing straight to the tower dint press a button for several minutes i dint need to press anything because i was gaining distance towards the tower. there is more evedence in common sense thinking here enof to make it a real research they just wave it away

47 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

that's no use.

Any evidence a player can present can be shoved aside by the devs with "you likely pressed a wrong button"

If there was a video from the accusing side, it would be very easy to tell whether or not Brace or anything else was active - If it was, then the accuser misclicked.

Edited by Liq

I believe there is a bug, because this happened to me last night. I refrain from saying hacks because it is a very intricate game and several other players had the same bug occur as well when I told people about it. Lost a nice indefat because of it. Oh well. Got plenty of wood ;)

Please F11 if it happens to you.  If there is a bug, it needs to be found.  However, slandering the devs over and over, saying they are trying to ruin their own game to push players to a different game... well, as I said above:  Extraordinary accusations require extraordinary proof.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I believe there is a bug, because this happened to me last night. I refrain from saying hacks because it is a very intricate game and several other players had the same bug occur as well when I told people about it. Lost a nice indefat because of it. Oh well. Got plenty of wood ;)

2D6ADE1042F6197ABF5C28B4C17F26DA20ADDB63

If it's this one i applaud your post, although i would probably have a word with your clan/shipmate,because if there ever was a problem it's things like this that would snowball it amongst a small group of people into something approaching paranoia.

• Like 2

i have once in awhile accidentally typed into chat... "dddddddddddddd" or "aaaaaaaaaaaaaa" when I wanted to maneuver rudder and my vessel sailed into another.

That's why typing into chat while in battle can have consequences if you're paying attention.

just saying... accidental pressing of certain keys can happen when the mouse is not "focused" on the proper function of keyboard for that given moment (maneuver or chat).

1 minute ago, Tac said:

If it's this one i applaud your post, although i would probably have a word with your clan/shipmate,because if there ever was a problem it's things like this that would snowball it amongst a small group of people into something approaching paranoia.

Yes it’s this one 😂😂😂 it was an emotional night for him. It’s fine. He is actually a very good guy, you’d enjoy him. He is very very fun! 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

that's no use.

this never happened. We always investigate serious issues and find reasons of them to exist. Check legends forum - we investigate the repairs which should not have existed in legends (caused by bots and fixed them).

We shove your evidence aside because its not an evidence and we know the reasons.  
You seem to be ignoring our explanation shoving it aside. But we will try one last time. 

Sail into battle (just a basic cutter would be enough)
Click on chat - type slowly  B T H
now click outside of the chat - now type  B T H

ycQHYGt.jpg
You will put your ship on battle sail AND depower AND brace. Instead of BTH you can type Bitch, result will be the same - you will click on b t and h typing that word.

For surety also type 5 dutch babies and 1 danish in chat
Now click outside of the chat and type 5 dutch babies and 1 danish again

You will switch on repairs.

and maybe lower sails by 2 notches and switch on manual turning your yard right a bit + you will enable and disable battle sails once. And maybe put yourself on brace (danis H). Repairs will definitely be on.

I know what happened because it did happen to me and we did investigate this case before and in all cases it was thinking you were typing something in chat.

NOW.
You started not only accuse the player of cheating but also for some reason started to accuse devs/us on doing nothing. We suggest you to reconsider your approach - you current strategy will lead to nothing good.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

we need a specific - detailed explanation on what happened. ships names your specific actions (what were you typing, doing, etc). Because previously all cases where caused by typing in game or elsewhere. 

@admin

Let’s assume it’s not a hack and not accuse anyone at this time. However, since it happened to several experienced captains in the same nation over the last few days, how can we best help you to track down this possible bug or otherwise provide proof for your explanation that it is player error?

F11 immediately when it happens. This is tough because you’re typing an F11 report instead of trying to survive in a panic situation but we’ll do our best.

Record and Upload video and audio asap.

Provide follow up written explanation.

Are there any local log files you need from us?

User error plain and simple.  Face it.

Not sure why admin hasn't already closed this thread, being generous for the holidays I suppose.  Doesn't mean they aren't checking for errors.

Anyone who has never pressed a key by accident: please stand up.  The honest will still be seated.  If you are a godlike someone who is never wrong, then you'll surely have evidence to back it, so bring it here and now or else quit trying create facts out of nothing.

Anyone who has chatted in battle more than a few times will be familiar with this bug. When you start to type, for a split second you can still give commands to your ship. I notice this most when I am hastily typing in battle-chat a sentence that starts with "T" - my ship will depower (oops) and I will have to quickly fix it before going back to whatever I was typing.

In the video linked in the original post, you can clearly see the target LGV dropping sail to battle. This happens just after he typed in battle-chat a sentence starting with "B." Likely he typed too fast, and set his sails to battle.

Why he did not fix his error right away is a mystery to me. Calling Captain Reverse a cheater does not help the situation though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DutchWhispers said:

ur devs that are not real devs. real devs take care of there game and community arround it. ur just saying most likely not. or we dont think.....  we are not playing hide and seek ur a "company" and we are your customers that give u money not taking this serious is a complete joke.

its so sad any other game would do research or take this problem way more serieus. For me this game is a sinking ship im leaving it( to late because i had hope for a long time that some day there would be a great update but i was wrong). and now this problem occured and u just turn it arround for us so show better proof is not the real world. i dont have acces to the loggs or server how can i do proper research ur the ones that can do it but ur just not taking ur customers serieus. and something what looked safe 2 years ago against hacking can change aswel inst it. but it seems my energie is wasted here to point something out. i will just give the game the worse rating in steam and move on to an other game. have a nice christamas and happy new year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

By the way, Le Gros Ventre doesn't escape upwind from Constitution. Next time you might want to try a different point of sail. But maybe your sail profile got hacked too, I dunno.

• Like 1

Sounds like that tutorial cant come soon enough. Anyway maybe some way of making the key press more visible, like right now we have the little green text for brace. Maybe if someone is trying to control their ship while braced they would get a visible warning letting them know they hit brace and to hit H to turn it off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, admin said:

we need a specific - detailed explanation on what happened. ships names your specific actions (what were you typing, doing, etc). Because previously all cases where caused by typing in game or elsewhere. 

Well, I started a tac against the wind, but only got to slightly over 90 to the wind. Plenty of wind in my sails to retain above boarding speed. I saw my speed drop from 6 kts. to 0 in literally an instant, and knew my opponent was boarding fit. This deacceleration is what I believe to be a bug. This had never happened to me before so quickly. I then immediately put back auto sailsto gain max speed since I had corrected and wasn’t against the wind at that point only to accel at a pitifully slow rate. Not enough to avoid the capture. 

Edited by OneEyedSnake

18 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I was confused at first but I think he was saying the Connie captain made the LGV reduce sails... When in reality he just fat fingered B.

I fat finger keys all the time.  My bloody hands have dealt with many years of swinging hammers and running heavy impacts both offshore and on land jobs.  Not every one has graceful fingers after all.   There is a reason I also moved my brace key to the "I" key, every hit the H when you mean to hit the G to board some one and than now have to wait for the cool down to do so in combat.  Yah you learn that real fast in a PvP fight.

18 hours ago, Tac said:

Agreed,because otherwise you have to endure epic stupidity like this.

LOL if that the same Van Poon as from Global yah he doesn't like getting sunk even when he suck.  A lot of those guys blame there lack of skills and knowledge of the game on HACKS.  I mean how else could they been beaten and it for sure couldn't be skill and knowledge of the game.  I'm sure you will hear a lot worse from that bunch of Dutch players.  

I notice a lot of folks do bad things in battle when they get pissed off and things are going to their way. In fact if i get sunk early or have a long way to sail to catch up to a fight I"ll talk smack to get them work up cause I know certain folks when all worked up will start to make a lot of mistakes in battle or spend more time typing than actually fighting.  It honestly starts to get very predictable.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, admin said:

this never happened. We always investigate serious issues and find reasons of them to exist. Check legends forum - we investigate the repairs which should not have existed in legends (caused by bots and fixed them).

We shove your evidence aside because its not an evidence and we know the reasons.  
You seem to be ignoring our explanation shoving it aside. But we will try one last time. 

Sail into battle (just a basic cutter would be enough)
Click on chat - type slowly  B T H
now click outside of the chat - now type  B T H

ycQHYGt.jpg
You will put your ship on battle sail AND depower AND brace. Instead of BTH you can type Bitch, result will be the same - you will click on b t and h typing that word.

For surety also type 5 dutch babies and 1 danish in chat
Now click outside of the chat and type 5 dutch babies and 1 danish again

You will switch on repairs.

and maybe lower sails by 2 notches and switch on manual turning your yard right a bit + you will enable and disable battle sails once. And maybe put yourself on brace (danis H). Repairs will definitely be on.

I know what happened because it did happen to me and we did investigate this case before and in all cases it was thinking you were typing something in chat.

NOW.
You started not only accuse the player of cheating but also for some reason started to accuse devs/us on doing nothing. We suggest you to reconsider your approach - you current strategy will lead to nothing good.

Every one knows that the Pray button was how you activated the pirate hacks.  DUHHHHHH