3. Switch to your map

4. Press move to menu

5. PASTE X, input Z

6. Press move to button

7. Profit.

Now I can't paste - your data field can't accept value from clipboard

Edited by Amihai

All are OK now.

The next feature reques: grid, as on the ingame map.

Wen the position is determined it is necessary to transfer it to the game in order to more accurately set protactor.
It's hard to do if both maps do not have the same grid. 

It will not hurt, in addition to transferring the grid from the in-game map to your map, add additional marking of each square by lines of another type / color. Ideal 3*3 imho.
You can add control to show/hide grid.

And what about optimisation? This app is little laggy. But brilliant. Thank you.

Well in the current situation:

Would it be able to implement a selection for ports with a chosen defense timer?

Example: I select 21:00 and then i can see all ports with 21:00 svr time in the defense timer.

Edit:

Or i can set my own window: I set a window from 18:00 to 23:00 and can see every port, which can generate a portbattle in that time

Edited by Abram Svensson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Amihai said:

It will not hurt, in addition to transferring the grid from the in-game map to your map, add additional marking of each square by lines of another type / color. Ideal 3*3 imho.
You can add control to show/hide grid.

Added to todo list.

And what about optimisation? This app is little laggy. But brilliant. Thank you.

Working on optimisation.

The beta of the map with improved performance is available at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/

I have completely rewritten the code. In case you want to test it, I took the liberty to cc you as you reported laggy performance before @Amihai @Bart Smith @Slim Jimmerson @Wraith @Seraphic Radiance I am always happy to receive feedback. Once this update is finalised I can continue working on the todo list.

32 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Huh... it actually seems more laggy, especially in scroll/zoom performance than before but it might be just my perception of it?

Have you used the other link  https://na-map-test.netlify.com/?  Especially zoom and pan should be faster, with Firefox here it is even blazingly fast but I havent had problems before anyway.

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'd say it's almost twice as bad as the non-test version. Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit), Windows 10 (Default Hardware Acceleration On, etc.)

With Chrome is does perform poorly. With Firefox, its is significantly better

13 hours ago, Rabman said:

With Chrome is does perform poorly. With Firefox, its is significantly better

Could you please check whether in chrome "accelerated 2D canvas" is activated? chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-2d-canvas

If not, try to activate it and check again, please. @Wraith @Rabman

Edited by Felix Victor

53 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. Hovering over ports displaying info makes usability much worse. Make it so we need to click on the port to get the info.

2. Drops/Consumes info, I would either divide it into 2 groups (crafting & trading stuff) or put it in order with crafting stuff priority.

3. Hovering over map segments, same as 1.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will work on 1 and 3 (teleport area will be switched off on default). Item 2 is added to todo list.

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

2. The map is pixelated, I wonder if you can make it in vector graphics or higher resolution. I've seen someone do it already

Yes, it is the pixel in-game map. As the map allows zooming in further, it looks like it looks. I tried using a vector map (natural earth) but the in-game map is distorted and all coordinates (for the towers and forts, for example) would not fit. Converting the map into vectors didnt work for me either. I tried it with several programs.

If someone succeded to convert the in-game map, I would happily use it. All other graphical elements are already vector-based.

• Like 1

@Banished Privateer @Wraith @Amihai Updated test version at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/:

• port data is only shown on mouse click
  • teleport areas are not shown by default, tick checkbox under 'Settings' to show them
  • port battle circles, forts and towers are not shown by default and only for a single port when checkbox under 'Settings' is ticked (select port from 'Go to a port')
Edited by Felix Victor

15 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Wow, the test version is laggy as hell. The live version was working smoothly for me.

Use firefox for the moment...

15 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

What about these forts & towers, is it doable?

I will check API data. But first I want to finish this update.