Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

• 2 weeks later...

As I am not happy with the lower resolution of the map, please test a version with map tiles (minor issue: depending on the zoom factor some tiles are noticable):

https://na-map-test2.netlify.com/

Any thoughts about the performance? Would you prefer this version compared to the current map?

Edit: the map is based on an older version and not updated daily. It is just to show how the tiled map would work.

Edited by Felix Victor

32 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Any thoughts about the performance? Would you prefer this version compared to the current map?

Performance is fine and diff from live map is almost imperceptible.

I'd pick the higher res map. 

• Like 1

SMall issue with current map, using chrome.  After selecting a good or a port, there is no way to clear your selection that i can see...  Not a big deal for select a port, but is an issue with select a good.

Oops found the clear button, but that doesn't actually reset your selections they stay visible, yet have no effect on what is displayed to you.   Perhaps add the reset to the top of the dropdowns like previous?

Edited by SKurj

1 hour ago, Felix Victor said:

You can find the preview of the ship comparison module at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/. (Speed calculation using jodgi's magic constants). @jodgi :)

Todo (eta next month): cannon/carronade weights per deck, total broadside weight

Todo (eta unknown): select ship upgrades, woods etc.

Feedback is very welcome.

Ah, this is fantastic!

I do like jodgi's graphs over the diagrams...  its easier for a quick glance to see the speed differences.  That's usually when i am pulling it up when i am in a chase and need to know quickly :)

Edited by SKurj

44 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

I do not want to replace jodgi's work just to complement. :P

You should aim at replacing me 😁. I try to hack it as best I can but you know your shit.

Map, ship stats and profiles in one place would be great.

The community is divided on the profile type. Some like the circle and some prefer the more readable but less pretty "normal" graph.

Is it possible to add the following feature?
The amount this port consumes?

For example, the port of La Desirade. How much Cottton Rolls this port consumes during the day or every hour? 

I think I saw another Online map showing this?!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.3.2018 at 6:57 PM, asdf said:

The amount this port consumes?

Added to todo list. But rather think API data only shows amount consumed during the last day.

Btw: I have been busy rewriting most of the code for better maintainability (some 2,600 lines of code already), expect some additional functionality added in the coming days (current beta at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/).

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1