Game-Labs Forum
Felix Victor

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Try it. (map-test).
Zoom to PB circles visualisation, press mouse1 and drag left-right.
Test more-more-more laggy.
Continious zoom in/out too
sorry my bad english.

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'd say it's almost twice as bad as the non-test version. Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit), Windows 10 (Default Hardware Acceleration On, etc.)

With Chrome is does perform poorly. With Firefox, its is significantly better

13 hours ago, Rabman said:

With Chrome is does perform poorly. With Firefox, its is significantly better

Could you please check whether in chrome "accelerated 2D canvas" is activated? chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-2d-canvas

If not, try to activate it and check again, please. @Wraith @Rabman

Edited by Felix Victor

33 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Could you please check whether in chrome "accelerated 2D canvas" is activated? chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-2d-canvas

If not, try to activate it and check again, please. @Wraith @Rabman

I have it activated and the test version is still laggy

1. Hovering over ports displaying info makes usability much worse. Make it so we need to click on the port to get the info.

2. Drops/Consumes info, I would either divide it into 2 groups (crafting & trading stuff) or put it in order with crafting stuff priority.

3. Hovering over map segments, same as 1.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. Hovering over ports displaying info makes usability much worse. Make it so we need to click on the port to get the info.

2. Drops/Consumes info, I would either divide it into 2 groups (crafting & trading stuff) or put it in order with crafting stuff priority.

3. Hovering over map segments, same as 1.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will work on 1 and 3 (teleport area will be switched off on default). Item 2 is added to todo list.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

I have it activated and the test version is still laggy

I had so high hopes... As I cannot further improve the svg/canvas performance for chrome on my side (running out of ideas), I will try to reduce the default map content.

Some thoughts, when zooming in:

1. Circles/Forts/Towers should be turned off by default, give us a thick box for it

2. The map is pixelated, I wonder if you can make it in vector graphics or higher resolution. I've seen someone do it already

3. Can you add all towers and forts in the game? Not only these for port battles. That would be useful information.

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

3. Can you add all towers and forts in the game? Not only these for port battles. That would be useful information.

I don't know which towers or forts are missing. Can you give a example, please.

1 minute ago, Felix Victor said:

I don't know which towers or forts are missing. Can you give a example, please.

Towers/Forts that are not in Port Battles. These further from ports, on the coast etc. All over the place.

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

2. The map is pixelated, I wonder if you can make it in vector graphics or higher resolution. I've seen someone do it already

Yes, it is the pixel in-game map. As the map allows zooming in further, it looks like it looks. I tried using a vector map (natural earth) but the in-game map is distorted and all coordinates (for the towers and forts, for example) would not fit. Converting the map into vectors didnt work for me either. I tried it with several programs.

If someone succeded to convert the in-game map, I would happily use it. All other graphical elements are already vector-based.

• Like 1

@Banished Privateer @Wraith @Amihai Updated test version at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/:

• port data is only shown on mouse click
  • teleport areas are not shown by default, tick checkbox under 'Settings' to show them
  • port battle circles, forts and towers are not shown by default and only for a single port when checkbox under 'Settings' is ticked (select port from 'Go to a port')
Edited by Felix Victor

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I actually much prefer the icon behavior/size in the live vs. the test version in any case...

Me too. Havent found the time for an improved layout yet .

Edited by Felix Victor

15 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Wow, the test version is laggy as hell. The live version was working smoothly for me.

Use firefox for the moment...

15 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

What about these forts & towers, is it doable?

I will check API data. But first I want to finish this update.

*Imho* information about forts locations is important. Add "Show forts" if possible please.
Now about usability. Some times I have my coordinates and my battle group. What about to add "move from" X/Z to coordinates entering form?

1 minute ago, Amihai said:

*Imho* information about forts locations is important. Add "Show forts" if possible please.

Use checkbox under 'Settings' (select port from 'Go to a port')

1 minute ago, Amihai said:

Now about usability. Some times I have my coordinates and my battle group. What about to add "move from" X/Z to coordinates entering form?

Can you explain what you mean, please?

48 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Use checkbox under 'Settings' (select port from 'Go to a port')

It's too long - scroll list and find port exact name. When im intercepted I need fast switch to map, zoom to my location and look where forts located.

9 minutes ago, Amihai said:

It's too long - scroll list and find port exact name. When im intercepted I need fast switch to map, zoom to my location and look where forts located.

I am waiting for a select library to be updated to bootstrap v4 (next week or so). It would allow live search in the select element.

15 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

I am waiting for a select library to be updated to bootstrap v4 (next week or so). It would allow live search in the select element.

When you be Intercepted last time?

Gibara  or Guibara ? Puerto d - e Nippe / el Padre ? 
As you wish, it's your project.

23 minutes ago, Amihai said:

When you be Intercepted last time?

Gibara  or Guibara ? Puerto d - e Nippe / el Padre ? 
As you wish, it's your project.

It is my project but why do I bother to publish and discuss it on the forum? :huh:

As you ask so nicely, I could add the option "show all forts/towers".

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1