Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Felix Victor

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Recommended Posts

*Imho* information about forts locations is important. Add "Show forts" if possible please.
Now about usability. Some times I have my coordinates and my battle group. What about to add "move from" X/Z to coordinates entering form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Amihai said:

*Imho* information about forts locations is important. Add "Show forts" if possible please.

Use checkbox under 'Settings' (select port from 'Go to a port')

1 minute ago, Amihai said:

Now about usability. Some times I have my coordinates and my battle group. What about to add "move from" X/Z to coordinates entering form?

Can you explain what you mean, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Use checkbox under 'Settings' (select port from 'Go to a port')

It's too long - scroll list and find port exact name. When im intercepted I need fast switch to map, zoom to my location and look where forts located.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Amihai said:

It's too long - scroll list and find port exact name. When im intercepted I need fast switch to map, zoom to my location and look where forts located.

I am waiting for a select library to be updated to bootstrap v4 (next week or so). It would allow live search in the select element.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

I am waiting for a select library to be updated to bootstrap v4 (next week or so). It would allow live search in the select element.

When you be Intercepted last time?

Gibara  or Guibara ? Puerto d - e Nippe / el Padre ? 
As you wish, it's your project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Amihai said:

When you be Intercepted last time?

Gibara  or Guibara ? Puerto d - e Nippe / el Padre ? 
As you wish, it's your project.

It is my project but why do I bother to publish and discuss it on the forum? :huh:

As you ask so nicely, I could add the option "show all forts/towers".

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amihai said:

Perfomance is GREAT now!!

Move to production asap

Yea, it's good now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Felix Victor Great Map on Netlify.

A coupe of points, when I use Microsoft Edge browser with the wind predictor:

1. The wind 'now' reading is always for the wind coming from the North, never anything else.

2. The wind predictions look more or less ok up to 19.59. Between 20.00 and 24.00 the predictor tells me I am using the wrong format and between 00.01 the next day to shut down it gives incorrect info.

Buster (winding chronograph)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

@Felix Victor

1. The wind 'now' reading is always for the wind coming from the North, never anything else.

2. The wind predictions look more or less ok up to 19.59. Between 20.00 and 24.00 the predictor tells me I am using the wrong format and between 00.01 the next day to shut down it gives incorrect info.

I am currently working on the wind prediction as the last item for the next release. Thanks for the feedback. I will test it with your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Felix Victor said:

I am currently working on the wind prediction as the last item for the next release. Thanks for the feedback. I will test it with your input.

Nice job, great contribution to the game.

Buster (two thumbs good)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v2

  • improved performance (complete rewrite of the core functions; Firefox is still faster than Chrome)

  • port data is shown on mouse click (not on hover)

  • teleport areas are not shown by default, tick checkbox under 'Settings' to show them

  • port battle circles, forts and towers are not shown by default and displayed only for a single port when checkbox under 'Settings' is ticked (select port from 'Go to a port')

  • input for wind prediction improved

  • wind prediction is displayed in a window overlay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

A coupe of points, when I use Microsoft Edge browser with the wind predictor:

1. The wind 'now' reading is always for the wind coming from the North, never anything else.

2. The wind predictions look more or less ok up to 19.59. Between 20.00 and 24.00 the predictor tells me I am using the wrong format and between 00.01 the next day to shut down it gives incorrect info.

v2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wraith said:

Hey Felix, v2 looks good!   I'm very much missing the ability to turn on/off the port battle layouts for all ports rather than just the single focus port.  Also, I don't know whether you intended it or not, but the red dots seems to indicate tower locations on the map and smaller, dark dots indicate forts?  Intuitively it seems like that should the opposite. See my wind prediction map here:

EJiZkEr.jpg]

The red dots in the port battle are actually tower locations, not forts and as such are far less consequential for attacking ships than the fort (dark grey). :) From a visualization standpoint I'd like to see the forts in the more alarming symbolization. :)

 

Thank you for finding this. Can you spot the error in the code? Stupid me :o

towers.datum(current.fortData).attr("d", d3.geoPath().pointRadius(1.5));
forts.datum(current.towerData).attr("d", d3.geoPath().pointRadius(2));

Will correct it asap.

Btw: did you try the wind prediction from the map? It is the same as your prediction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.1.2018 at 10:27 AM, Abram Svensson said:

Or i can set my own window: I set a window from 18:00 to 23:00 and can see every port, which can generate a portbattle in that time

v2.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.1.2018 at 11:19 AM, Banished Privateer said:

2. Drops/Consumes info, I would either divide it into 2 groups (crafting & trading stuff) or put it in order with crafting stuff priority.

v2.1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.1.2018 at 3:03 PM, rediii said:

Is it possible that you also add (with a green border of the flag maybe?) the greenzone ports of each nation?

v2.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.1.2018 at 7:17 AM, Wraith said:

The red dots in the port battle are actually tower locations, not forts and as such are far less consequential for attacking ships than the fort (dark grey). :) From a visualization standpoint I'd like to see the forts in the more alarming symbolization. :)

v2.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v2.1

  • lower resolution map and anti-aliasing switched off to improve performance

  • select ports on port battle timer (new feature)

  • select ports on capture date range (new feature), current capture queries corrected (bug fix)

  • select port with green zones (new feature)

  • selects with live-search ('go to a port' and 'select a good')

  • port info shows goods for trade only separate from other goods

  • fort and tower colouring corrected (bug fix)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v2.1.1: 'select a good' works again (hotfix)

(scrolling in the goods list does not work at the moment, I will fix it later, use the find tool for now)

Edited by Felix Victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

I have to thank you for this map, it is very usefull! Then i allso want to inform you that there is some type of issue, when i try tu use with firefox. Map works well with chrome thow.
Could be that is just on my end, it worked fine yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AxIslander said:

Hello!

I have to thank you for this map, it is very usefull! Then i allso want to inform you that there is some type of issue, when i try tu use with firefox. Map works well with chrome thow.
Could be that is just on my end, it worked fine yesterday.

Maybe you use a popup blocker such as uBlock origin. Put the map website on the white list.

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...