Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

2 minutes ago, monk33y said:

I see your argument is falling apart...if I was wrong about your use of small br ships in deep water port battles, why are the Devs stopping you from doing it moving forward???  if it's not a 'go around' or exploit why is it being removed......

Maybe for the same reason the servers were separated ? The group of players complained ?

Ok again. The port have 1700 BR. So its more like shallow port. There were no restriction that we cant take smaller ships and if commander want to maximize the number the ships the RSH is natural chose. Deep water mean only that thing that we can take also heavier ship.

Where is exploit ? We didnt know that you will take line ships...

And i dont think that restriction will change anything. Players can always use Speed Renno.

5 hours ago, rediii said:

it has something to do with names in this small community.

Its a difference if I read a random name I never heard or @Liq or @Moscalb. Its the yame with other guys I know. I would take the duel and be happy but other guys read the name and run for their lives

5 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

@Peter Goldman

Yes, I get that and more respect to the "special characters". I also get that 90% of player do not care about duels. Has nothing to do with names, seriously.

Having names or not will change nothing in that respect. A ambush can be sprung now with no problems for a 1v1.

In the end 90% will simply sail away in battle instance instead of OW. Nothing changes. When there's a 1 to 10 odds of a duel happening one must accept that is not what the players look for in the OW. Maybe on arenas, but definitely not in OW.

Based on the game current situation, the ideal would be not to know who are you fighting.

There is a reason why combat news only shows the name of the winner. 

I think we are sitting on the gold mine here but in order to work might need compromise from the more experienced players and that is the bragging rights and/or grudges.

This camo idea can make the game better in at least 2 ways:

a) Make it more exciting and challenging for all.

b). Possibly getting more players into PvP.

Regarding the players that don't PvP there are 2 kinds:

1) Not interested. Nothing to do here.

2) Hesitate because reasons (usually new players). I am confident we could get these guys into PvP. 

There are multiple reasons why some hesitate to PvP, but, will just mention the ones related to this idea:

a) lack of confidence

b).fear of losing

c) to be known and/or shamed for losing. This feeds the lack of confidence and the fear of losing.

In conclusion, we just need to eliminate c) which will also impact a) and b).

Just some thoughts.

Edited by Rigs

@admin

I found in the API data that the LGV refit is 3/3 for upgrades (Three permanent and three skillbook slots). Do you plan on changing it to 3/5 ever? It seems to be primarily a warship, and it seems a shame to only get 3 slots on it for skillbooks..

EDIT: Confirmed in-game it is 3/3. 

Edited by Guest

Outlaw battles absolutely need to come back, but only after everyone can easily afford at least basic but decent ships. Encourage selling at distant or random ports somehow to spread everyone out a bit, have your main trade routes, but don't ignore the smaller ports if you're looking for something hard to find. Bring back wars and alliances, but keep pirates unable to vote or influence it directly, like before. The more war there is, the more money pirates make, so why take that away? Get the economy going and many issues could solve themselves with time. You shouldn't be afraid to have fun.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 12:54 PM, Rigs said:

No, facts. Are you speaking for the new players or for yourself? 

What entitles some players to be the server/internet police? Have they purchased the "only for the privilege" copy of the game?

Player enforced discipline mostly favored the big clans and bullies so please sell your propaganda somewhere else.

Lol, i believe the word your looking for is this: skill allows a group to enforce rules on the rest. If you don't like it, learn to be better.

15 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Lol, i believe the word your looking for is this: skill allows a group to enforce rules on the rest. If you don't like it, learn to be better.

Sure, if you want to go down that path. ;)

Related image

Edited by Rigs

15 hours ago, Wakatow13 said:

Outlaw battles absolutely need to come back, but only after everyone can easily afford at least basic but decent ships. Encourage selling at distant or random ports somehow to spread everyone out a bit, have your main trade routes, but don't ignore the smaller ports if you're looking for something hard to find. Bring back wars and alliances, but keep pirates unable to vote or influence it directly, like before. The more war there is, the more money pirates make, so why take that away? Get the economy going and many issues could solve themselves with time. You shouldn't be afraid to have fun.

Outlaw battles is/was a great feature, but its flaws could not be fixed. Tutorial will have a massive impact on retention of new players and we are focused on the tutorial now instead of trying to figure out how to fix outlaw battles.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Outlaw battles is/was a great feature, but its flaws could not be fixed. Tutorial will have a massive impact on retention of new players and we are focused on the tutorial now instead of trying to figure out how to fix outlaw battles.

UI and tutorial should be indeed top priorities to allow a constant stream of new players.

What about other new player obstacles like boring missions, zero rewards from draw combats, low trader loot, complicated yet flawed economy?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Boring missions due to being always the same. Something being repetitive is one of the worst things in videogames because it remembers us to our ordinary real life.

Devs could abuse the community to get some nice story dialogues for missions (a la Divinity Original Sin 2)

12 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

One more problem: swivels aiming area should be much bigger. I can really aim low with swivels to hit the deck of the ship and swivels very often overshoot.

We are trying to add the function that you can increase the angles for swivels if your other decks are switched off.
current workaround - find a book or an upgrade allowing increased vertical sectors which will allow you to aim down (if you switch off the lower deck)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, admin said:

Thanks. And I think many of us agree that a tutorial should be #1 priority. Good luck.

6 hours ago, admin said:

Tutorial + UI... read your most recent reviews. (I came back, game looks the same I left again). 

7 hours ago, admin said:

perhaps you shoulda done this before the game went on that huge sale....... might have helped some..... 

I also agree that outlaw battles need to return. Pirates were never a nation and outlaw battles were the only thing setting pirates apart in this game. People don't join pirates for the smashing rvr. I was a national for the first two years of playing this game. I chose to become a pirate because outlaw battles allowed me to hold anyone accountable. Anyone. This was the only draw to become a pirate. If people were exploiting the mechanics, fine make them like any other battle and make them close after the join window. Show the names of the attacker and defender and allow people to join either side. But bring them back for heavens sake. 

@admin

While testing the new LGV refit, the swivels feel like they actually get in the way more than they help. When stern raking, it feels like they mess up the timing of the broadside. Even when the rake is perfectly lined up, it seems that a lot of shots are missing, especially the swivels on the back of the ship (tested in both unlocked and locked sector focus). While fighting a Wasa, I turned off the swivels, and it seemed that my crew kills on the rakes drastically increased (getting 20-40 with swivels, and then 40-80 without). Ill keep testing it, but I think the swivels need more of a bonus, and maybe some adjustment. Otherwise I will just end up leaving them off. 

Also, i'd like to ask @admin again, is there any possibility of making the LGV refit 3/5? I know its classed as a trader, but its clearly an undercover warship :)

can't you F-key the swivels off?

I don't know about everyone else, but all I keep finding in open world PVE ships are these stupid basic refits that are pretty bad and only sell for 800gp in port.

Have yet to find the last books for my combined skillbooks that I'm missing. Or any of those books for that matter.
Best item I got so far was Boatswain 1-3, and that was in a mission

Edited by Quineloe

29 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I sell these new upgrades for 25k-50k each and they sell very quick! Some giveaway them to the new players for free. 

for free.

I sell these new upgrades for 25k-50k

for free.

for free.

for free.

:huh::huh::huh:

42 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Outlaw battles are actually very bad for new players, because they will get sealclubbed / bullied even in their safe zone right out of the game sometimes... 

Honestly Pirates should never be a starting option. It should be something you become in game only.  This would limit any baby seal clubbing which you don't see often cause if you do like we did on GLOBAL.  We police our own. If your out hitting new players and low levels we jump in the battle and sink the person that is tagging them.   If the big clans police there own waters you don't have an issue with this in the pirate nations.  Just ask what happen to HELL and TRR clan on GLOBAL when they went outlaw on the nation, didn't last a day before they disbanned and rolled another nation.  Though both of those was assumed to be US alts/loyalist players more than anything trying to disrupte our nation.  If this was a problem on EU server it's more it's an issue of the players not doing what they should be doing and this goes for any nation, protecting there low level players around the capital.  

• Like 2