Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

I'd get out my throttle quadrant and put foremast on throttle, main on prop and rudder on mixture. It might end up being a hassle but I'd love to try it out.

The dials are fine tune enough, even in flat curve, for the yards that's true.

Sadly my Saitek doesn't like Unity one bit ... *shrugs*

On 1.11.2017 at 12:06 PM, admin said:

As a result Agamemnon sails well down the wind. Tacks a bit slower than before. But due to realistic wind curves it now is capable of several amazing maneuvers that if used by skilled hands can challenge any frigate opposition.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6hAQOSq7_J8CnukkaEmb

With the changes to the wind curves, the Agamemnon really feels unique. Despite it having a 2.01 turn rate, my ship was able to out-turn an AI Constitution under the right circumstances. Also, it's ability to stop and/or reverse was impressive.

The long rudder turn time led me to plan my actions slightly longer ahead. The ship can really pull off some interesting maneuvers, assuming you have your main courses intact (not at all a guarantee in most fights).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

With the changes to the wind curves, the Agamemnon really feels unique. Despite it having a 2.01 turn rate, my ship was able to out-turn an AI Constitution under the right circumstances. Also, it's ability to stop and/or reverse was impressive.

The long rudder turn time led me to plan my actions slightly longer ahead. The ship can really pull off some interesting maneuvers, assuming you have your main courses intact (not at all a guarantee in most fights).

I'll have to check this out later, but what worries me is the turning through wind part. It all ready had bad performs in that area.   

37 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'll have to check this out later, but what worries me is the turning through wind part. It all ready had bad performs in that area.   

She loses a lot of speed when tacking, but you still turn through the wind in a reasonable amount of time, unlike the Endymion for example. Turning downwind with manual sailing makes every frigate look like an aircraft carrier, but the most amazing thing is the backward sailing. Went to -2.8kn at 90°. Just by turning my yards for backward sailing I made it to 45° (from 90°) without using any rudder. I love it.

-3kn, keeping the ship on course with rudder, really amazing

Client2017-11-1613-26-49-554.jpg

Edited by Batman

On 1/11/2017 at 12:06 PM, admin said:

• Capital cities now supply repairs

Repairs should be available in all ports. Why we can buy cannons but not repairs?

Sometimes you run out of repairs and you have to do a trip only for that reason. 

Please, we need repairs in every port. This may help to provide more PVP

Edited by _Alucard_
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2017 at 7:06 AM, admin said:
  • To not break all things at once we have decided to start work with wind curves update with Agamemnon.
  • Changes for Agamemnon
    • Rudder turn rate for the ship were reduced
    • Wind effect on yards and rotation increased
    • Curves for stay sails group updated
    • Curves for square sails group updated
    • % of sails updated to correspond to their realistic square areas

As a result Agamemnon sails well down the wind. Tacks a bit slower than before. But due to realistic wind curves it now is capable of several amazing maneuvers that if used by skilled hands can challenge any frigate opposition.

For example it will be able to sail backwards at 90 degrees with right sail positions.

As a result she sails down wind well............. hmm seems like ANY OTHER SQUARE RIGGED SHIP DESCRIPTION. Im testing her now in combats and for the life of me cant get her to tack without losing all forward momentum too me right now she acts to cartoonish. I begin a tack at like 8knts and she still stalls out meanin no one will go out and fight in this ship in her current state tacking would me death and your only other choice is downwind which mean surrendering the weather gauge at the very get go. Before you ask yes ive tried tacking with various amounts of sail. Looks like the pirate refit lifes for me to get my Aggie back in the game......

41 minutes ago, Edward J Kenway said:

in her current state tacking would me death and your only other choice is downwind which mean surrendering the weather gauge at the very get go

The statement would be true unless all square riggers except for specialized upwind ships or light scouts will behave like this

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, admin said:

The statement would be true unless all square riggers except for specialized upwind ships or light scouts will behave like this

I do see your point I guess its hard to tell when all other ships can chase me up wind I do believe once all the other ship handle the same it will be much more manageable and I agree with the OW problem to harsh of a speed nerf into the wind for OW. Thank you for your reply though I appreciate it. I just love my Aggie and I get nervous when things change shes already in a bad spot but sail in hope of better days for her.

13 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Its fun-ish :) But OW speed is wrong. Going upwind at 2kn in OW is just wrong. Its faster in battle then in OW :lol:

can you post a screen of OW angle at 2knots and in battle speed at the same angle to wind. We doubt your statement is correct that it is faster in instance lets say at 20 degrees between wind and bow

5 minutes ago, admin said:

can you post a screen of OW angle at 2knots and in battle speed at the same angle to wind. We doubt your statement is correct that it is faster in instance lets say at 20 degrees between wind and bow

I'm now in wasa but OW speed at 15-30 degrees was 2-3kn

EDIT: Its slower then lo/wo l'ocean at that angle! Ocean would do at least 6kn

Edited by Zoky

9 minutes ago, admin said:

0sgCL1l.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zoky said:

I'm now in wasa but OW speed at 15-30 degrees was 2-3kn

EDIT: Its slower then lo/wo l'ocean at that angle! Ocean would do at least 6kn

ow speeds are faster and its impossible that ship is faster at 15 degrees in the instance. 

first rates will get the new curves in the due time.  We started rebalance with the 4th rates

1 minute ago, admin said:
3 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

i know it could be 2 in the OW.  he said that the Agamemnon is faster in the instance at the same angle (which is impossible)

I also said nerf stern chasers, nerf wasa, nerf safe zones etc. but you never replied :P

But back at topic of OW speed, its really low. And now I'm sure that I can go faster at that angle in battle too...going backward :lol:

The physics for the aggie feels good, but tacking consumes more speed that you have, jibs 1 point off sail plane into the wind instead of catching making it even harder. Sailing into the wind is now MUCH slower, not sure if this is ship specific, but the ship feels much more weight-y when sails aren't at full power, while down wind she can be tossed around way faster than simple turn rate suggests.

Very promising stuff devs. Unfortunately the aggie is going to be outperformed by any ship without the updated profile. Perhaps return it back to original status and open a testbed for further testing please?