Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

10 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

well... 

they are and they ain't.

I can see where this comes from and the problems some folk having with fighting these traders off.

They can use the smuggler flag to find sanctuary behind enemy lines, but they are big as a 5th rate with way less guns.

Am I missing something ?

Indeed. Kind off another broken mechanic if you ask me. There is s reason to not open ports for all but having this OP boarding little monster free jump in and out making it pointless tbh...maybe allow turn in smuggler flag only for unarmed merchants?

• Like 4

Don't know. Honestly ?!...

They are traders. They ain't warships. They melt if a proper equivalent 5th rate starts pounding them. It is not even a competition.

But yeah... sure... why not. A raider makes a choice to use a way weaker ship, puts high risk for high stakes, but still ain't enough. The blanket of protection must be complete so no one, no one will interfere with the "local pve server".

I will tell you what will happen. Those raiders will make the sail from the nearest friendly port anyway, raid and then escape with grace. The uproar of those that can't defend themselves even having triple the amount of guns and wood will not stop there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

They are traders. They ain't warships. They melt if a proper equivalent 5th rate starts pounding them. It is not even a competition.

But yeah... sure... why not. A raider makes a choice to use a way weaker ship, puts high risk for high stakes, but still ain't enough. The blanket of protection must be complete so no one, no one will interfere with the "local pve server".

I will tell you what will happen. Those raiders will make the sail from the nearest friendly port anyway, raid and then escape with grace. The uproar of those that can't defend themselves even having triple the amount of guns and wood will not stop there.

This is true. 

Even when I raided the US coastline in a Lynx.  A simple Lynx... nothing special.  People complained about that ship, and it is the smallest ship outside of the cutter in the game.   I wish I had screenshots of the PMs I got with the hate about how I am "exploiting" or "Cheating" by using a fast small ship to raid "noobie" trade ships.   I got called everything under the sun for sinking some ones Mercury that had carronades with my Lynx....  Well not my fault he couldnt hit me. 

Honestly it isnt the mechanics fault, it is the players trying to hunt them.   I even took a LGV hunting up the US coastline once... captured 2 trader brigs with it.   Had the smuggler flag on, sold the goods in the ports they were headed to.    Felt like an actual pirate at that point.

Blaming the smuggler flag is an excuse for those who dont know how to properly hunt.   I know I have been caught in a few well planned out traps by some smart hunters... I only got away due to luck.    But it was enough to get me out of the area for a while. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Make LGV refit a warship instead merchant. 

I’m unlikely to ever see one of these special LGVs except at the wrong end of the cannons but even I think that’s a bad idea. Some element of danger is good. It makes the game more fun.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

well... 

they are and they ain't.

I can see where this comes from and the problems some folk having with fighting these traders off.

They can use the smuggler flag to find sanctuary behind enemy lines, but they are big as a 5th rate with way less guns.

Am I missing something ?

110 BR but only 20x9pd guns whereas the 110 BR Renommee has 26x9pd.

The LGV very clearly is not a warship.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Quineloe said:

110 BR but only 20x9pd guns whereas the 110 BR Renommee has 26x9pd.

The LGV very clearly is not a warship.

it seems every trader has a trade-off

look at the indieman its a 4 rate, but bad guns to

perhaps lgv 20 x12

and a buff on the indieman to become a 24 pdr gun ship (i believe the dutch only used 24 pounders) + swifelguns

ot swifels should be on every trader 

Edited by Thonys

On ‎01‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 2:06 PM, admin said:

Update 9th November

• Warm up timer is increased by 15 seconds to allow for longer loading times on some systems or after first load
  • It is now possible to stack books and upgrades in warehouse.
  • You can now install correct number of cannons without splitting the stack - just drag and drop
  • Fixed bug that caused sink ship button to be unclickable in the ship inspection window

• Like 7

On 11/8/2017 at 6:23 AM, The Red Duke said:

Exactly.

Last night I tested the toughness of a LGV vs a Brig with Carronades.  My Brig sank the LGV in 10 broadsides.... Definitely not a warship.

Edited by Hodo

On 11/1/2017 at 12:06 PM, admin said:

@LiqUpdate 9th November

• It is now possible to stack books and upgrades in warehouse.
  • You can now install correct number of cannons without splitting the stack - just drag and drop

Man you implement all the good ideas before I even get a chance to post them.