Game-Labs Forum

Patch 13: Variability in port battles, epic events, swivel guns

admin

26 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

All very exciting changes, can't wait to try it. I'd like some clarification on one point:

"Open world bots and hostility missions now drop better loot depending on ship size."

Does this mean a Victory has more chance of dropping copper plating (for example) than a Brig? Or is it just that the amount of repairs that drop better much the size of the ship?

Personally I'm a fan of pure RNG on books and upgrades, I dont think ship type should affect that. But I do like the idea that you have more chance from openworld NPCs

From my testing I get better mods killing a 3rd rate. I don't get much when sinking frigates. 

Edited by George Washington

I would be interested in a couple suggestions here:  Loot drops being 0 in reinforcement zones (I'd like to see reinforcement zones killed entirely), and loot drops being based around BR difference, instead of straight BR.  So a Snow taking out, say, a Trincomalee would net better loot chances than, say, a Constitution taking out another Constitution.

4 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

I would be interested in a couple suggestions here:  Loot drops being 0 in reinforcement zones (I'd like to see reinforcement zones killed entirely), and loot drops being based around BR difference, instead of straight BR.  So a Snow taking out, say, a Trincomalee would net better loot chances than, say, a Constitution taking out another Constitution.

They need to introduce PvE chests.

Smaller BR vs Larger BR safezone = x2 loot

Same BR vs Same BR safezone = x0 loot (normal loot drop)

Smaller BR vs Larger BR (open world)  = x2 loot + PvE chest

Same BR vs Same BR (open world) = better loot (normal loot) + -50% PvE chest drop chance

Unexpected but promising! Please keep it like this for the future, just dont post ETAs and nobody will complain :)

Only thing i dislike is moving to 15.5kn. I have the feeling that this change is based on the vocal minority that only sails in Fir/Fir ganking ships. Reducing the amount of speed mods is the better solution imo as it makes speedy ships more viable again without increasing the grind for expensive speed modules.

PS: What to do with all those obsolete lineships now? #firstworldproblems

Edited by Havelock
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Thx dude. Hmmm, can you please post an example of one port with each BR listed?

Sorry for inconveniences.

8500 - San Juan - I didnt found another port that have so high BR Ok Campeche also have 8500.

6800 - Maracaibo

5100 - Bani also Shallow Marsh Harbour

3400 - Sandy Point (Yes Shallow)

1700 - Hat Island

Still I dont see the reason to take Inger or Wapen instead of Wasa into PB. DEVS HELP THE 4TH RATE  THEY CANT HAVE THE SAME BR !

Edited by GhastlyGhost
  • Like 2

• Port battles now allow limited battle rating based on the city size. We used historical city sizes initially. Please comment on the port battles sizes in the comments and propose changes if any changes needed.

I just hope people understand what it means. Skirm groups just became a thing! Expect up 6 Constitutions/Endymions in PBs. Epic.

8 minutes ago, admin said:

the pb limits are based on the historical port size based on @Barberouge research. These numbers are for the start and of course can be adapted and tuned. 

Here lays the question. 

Is it better to bring 13 Santisimas or Bring 25 mixed ships? Damage output from focused fire on 13 Well equipped Santisimas can instantly sink 4th rates, 3rd rates and even 2nd rates in 1 combined broadside. 

This truly makes the game interesting now. Since 4th rate penetration vs 1st rate is not that great, using 4th rates can put the whole PB team at risk. 

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Here lays the question. 

Is it better to bring 13 Santisimas or Bring 25 mixed ships? Damage output from focused fire on 13 Well equipped Santisimas can instantly sink 4th rates, 3rd rates and even 2nd rates in 1 combined broadside. 

This truly makes the game interesting now. Since 4th rate penetration vs 1st rate is not that great, using 4th rates can put whole PB team at risk. 

That's why Ship BR should be recalculated and in my opinion wider than there are at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Rychu Karas said:

That's why Ship BR should be recalculated and in my opinion wider than there are at the moment.

I am working on it, just to show people what combinations we will have with these Port BRs. Once we know that , we can compare ranged damage done by each ship rate. Obviously penetration will need work I think. It will make 4th rates useless in PBs and no one will use them due to lack of damage at range. 

Dear Devs,

I think Wasa as 4th rate will be the only choice, since it caries 32 lbs same as Bellona. Constitutions/Agamemnons won't be used at all due to 24lb gun deck. This also makes it clear that Wasa must be moved to a 3rd rate (400BR) because it makes other 4th rate ships obsolete. 4th rate ships should only carry up to 24lb guns for nice easy balance. 3rd rates up to 32 lbs. 2nd/1st rates - all other larger guns. 

Also, 24lb gun penetration must be increased vs 1st rates otherwise you are wasting your time. 

I hope you will understand this. 

• Like 1

Good patch

Can i ask to look in to loot pickup mechanics?

With new Epic battles it is taking long time to sink enemy fleet and it become very frustrating not be able to pickup loot you can not easily stop and maneuver with 1st rates, especially during battle. This is become bigger problem because you need to coordinate  battle strategy and fight in the "line of battle"  

Please increase  loot pickup window from sunk ships till the end of battle timer

Increase pickup range

Remove pickup speed restriction.

I am afraid if you fail to provide mechanism for people participating in battle to receive rewards , new epic battle concept will failed. 

9 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I just hope that 2lb guns addition imitating svisels will have much shorter range than normal guns.

they will work as 4lb guns but with lower penetration, but they will have a bonus to crew damage (so aim at the unprotected areas on the gun deck or fire through stern)

• Like 2

Omg.

I. Love. You.

Can't wait for hotfixes!

so current BR line is as such?

1,700 - 3,400 - 5,400 - 6,800 - 8,500 ?

I think that's a good spread

EDIT: Are all ships allowed in all port battles? for example, is a Niagara allowed in the Shallow water ports now?

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1