Game-Labs Forum

[Poll] Rename PVP Global Server to PVE

Corona Lisa

[Poll] Rename PVP Global Server to PVE  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Global server be renamed?

• Rename it to PvE Global
    • No, PvP Global is fine even tho there is almost no PvP

4 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

PM me when population will be 1000+ again, thanks. Medium marker is just for 2-3 hours with barely 500+ players.

Numbers don't say anything. There can be 600 player on and you can still see/find nobody. It's a damn empty OW since 11.x

• Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 4:34 PM, jodgi said:

Ah, this is a good friday afternoon fun-post!

Jon does what Chris does every week - Chris is not amused.

I don't recall making a poll post asking for a server name change. 

I'm trying to make the game better for everyone by getting a merge to happen, Jon Snow is trying to ruin for anyone not in the EU.  But I've seen him whining about the lack of content on PVP EU, he's not fooling anyone.....just pandering to the same old bigots on here.

A merge will happen.  See you guys soon!

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

For us, it is more unreasonable and obnoxious to put aside real life to fully enjoy our favorite game.

We cant have war against a nation with US timers or any nation that have a 24/7 playerbase. That is a fact you tend to ignore because it suits you.

No one is saying merge and go back to night flips.  We're saying merge and implement some sort of timer solution so EVERYONE can play on the same server happily.  Little old Interpido can get his beauty sleep.....I can go to work and not lose ports.....everyone is happy.  

Unfortunately there are other reasons they don't want us back that have nothing to do with nightflips.  They're just a convenient excuse.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

We still havent figured yet any kind of port timer solution that could please both communities. Thats the problem, you cant ask for a merge without a valid solution.

While it is true that the overall toxicity in the EU server have decreased (I'd say quite a lot) sometimes (only sometimes) I miss the drama and salty your guys provided. Even I miss LV and Pellasgos, they gave us some sort of content. 

But I would never be willing to suffer the bad mechanics of the flag system and lord protectors. Very easy to exploit and destroy the fun.

Since this implies that you're actually looking for a solution, why not have key resource ports (or other important ports based on X or Y criteria. I'm looking for suggestions here.) be EU time locked, and allow some portion of the map to be global RvR? It's not like we have the numbers to overrun your server right now, anyway, and the few ports we do influence would be peripheral to the overall strategic situation. We struggle to even fill out our own PBs, and a lot of our "players" are alts. Even among the actives, many are pure PvPers, traders, or just harmless trolls like Lionshaft.

The map is freaking huge and takes hours to sail across. We have an absurd number of nations. There is no reason why playing together has to lead to empty port battles or hurt feelings.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22153-idea-port-battle-night-flips-solved/

Look this is not ideal for either Server, but take look at it. I try to mitigate the night flip element by using the weekend and a random time choice within X-number of hours.

@Intrepidois right we do need to look at a valid solution, but it will need some give and take rather than one side actually biting the bullet...!

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/22954-norfolk%E2%80%99s-three-steps-to-heaven-or-hell%E2%80%A6/

The servers won’t be merge anytime soon and it’s still debatable whether they should be? Above is my “Three Steps to Heaven…” interim solution. We have a very smart community here, but need to really stop thinking in terms of “Them and Us…” and really try to solve this somehow.

From a business point of view, longer term a merger is preferable. However, the fragility of the players at the moment would be an awful RISK for the Dev’s to take in merging all three servers. This is what I think happened to @admin and why he had second thoughts on the PvE merge idea at the turn of the year.

Getting to Heaven…

Instead of such a risk why not think in terms of STEPs rather than servers. Protect the BASE line PvP EU server with obviously the main population. Keep the model basically the same more skewed to RvR Battle Timer limits etc.

The PvP Global becomes the real TESTBED. The above link I’m pointing out the “Civil War…” mechanic yet if ever will be put in place. Just as easily why not try My Night Flip idea for a three-week trial ONLY. Let’s see exactly how these numbers play out… This wouldn't impact EU at all and yet we might see a real solution here.

What pitfalls show up, also what successes it might solve…

This doesn’t put the whole server community at risk and the model is actually tested with players and not just 1 or 2 on the actual testbed…?

Does this idea appeal…?

Does this idea appeal to any of the Senior Captains out there? Especially PvP EU guys… @Ink could this actually work without too much disruption…?

Again my apologies @Jon Snow lets go

Norfolk nChance.

Edited by Norfolk nChance

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

he's not fooling anyone...

You're not fooling me pretending you didn't catch my drift.

You can have your server merge for all I care, RvR doesn't catch my fancy so I'm completely indifferent to even the most horrible nightflip situation.

I do remember the shitstorm that culminated in the server split. Whatever you try to pretend that is the reason we're still separated.

Heh, yet another issue with eco and loss: Since "things matter" in OW people react extremely when things are taken away from them while they work or sleep.

I've yet to see an adequate solution to this.

I just blame eco as always. 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Dont be you stupid, we cant trust always in the good will of the people. Thats why we need proper working mechanics.

i aint saying we should but this fear mongering bullshit needs to stop it's not helping anyone the truth is that a server merge is the best option for this game since the player base is too low if this wasn't the case we wouldn't even be talking about a merge

Edited by amplify
that's were i will end my forum fighting for today see ya on the seas

Just going to throw this out there...but if you merge the PvE server with the PvP Global server you will lose ALL the players that are currently playing on the PvE server...this is based upon the global chat whenever there is a suggestion of eliminating the PvE environment.....so there will be nothing gained.   You will have cut the number of servers down to 2 and PvP Global will still not have enough players to satisfy those who want the pure PvP experience.  Most players on these two servers have one foot out the door towards another game (according to those I have talked to).

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Dont be you stupid, we cant trust always in the good will of the people. Thats why we need proper working mechanics.

I don't agree with calling people names here, but I do agree with what you state.  It doesn't matter what this community agrees to do or how to play, the mechanics still must be present to prevent a situation that we know can arise.  We caused it ourselves (the nightflipping dilemma), so we already know it can happen.  Since the community will continually morph into something else over time, you must implement now the mechanics to prevent it at any point in time, not  be satisfied that today's players have an agreement not to do it.  Those players will be different later.  Not so sure that Amplify understands this.

• Like 2

Guys, can we get back to topic please? I'd ask a mod to clean out all this absurd server merge discussion in here, but I dont want to torture him.

We have 55 votes now which is about half the average server pop on global. Maybe 10 more votes and we can call it representative?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jodgi said:

You're not fooling me pretending you didn't catch my drift.

You can have your server merge for all I care, RvR doesn't catch my fancy so I'm completely indifferent to even the most horrible nightflip situation.

I do remember the shitstorm that culminated in the server split. Whatever you try to pretend that is the reason we're still separated.

Heh, yet another issue with eco and loss: Since "things matter" in OW people react extremely when things are taken away from them while they work or sleep.

I've yet to see an adequate solution to this.

I just blame eco as always. 😎

Timers are the solution. EU has timers right now.  Just make the 1 merged server have a couple more.  There’s enough ports in the map to make it work.  RVR changes slightly.  OW and Econ stays the same....just with 200 more targets on the Water.  

My bite the bullet comment refers to ping.  At some point someone is gonna be unhappy with how high their ping is.  Aussies have 200+ regardless of server. I have 150+ on EU.  Unfortunately a game of 1000 active players can’t have regional servers and folks need to bite the bullet and accept their ping.  

Not sure why @rediii likes to toss it back in my face, but whatever.    

Anyway, merge will happen eventually. See you guys soon!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Yes we have nice timers here.

A merge would eliminate the chinese market

Not sure about your ping thing. Pretty sure someone remembers your statement better than me bht still global concept and pkrttimersnis bullshity sorry.

The Chinese connect to US servers.  Simply make he one server based on the US east coast.  Not much changes.  

No idea what else you’re trying to say 

Edited by Christendom

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

Also stay on topic please and comment why it shouldnt it be pve global.

Or you mean pve server should be in the us and you want to merge with it?

ASEAN should have its own dedicated server with @adminpushing China, South Korea and Japan. HK ping on Global is 230, 180 on NAL and 190 on EU. AUS & NZ are worse. South Korean gamers won't touch this with them ping rates.

call it PvE Global and I'll come over for a holiday next week to EU

• Like 2

I've [ELITE] in GB all setup but might need some play money or a ship... actually I should have the indef and surprise from my dealer still. Will shout you  all up

@rediii

no we really need to solve this issue somehow. It can't be this hard. My guys are mainly UK based so their ping should be better right on EU and my US guys are worse. Only a holiday fyi...lol