Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

And why can people just buy the ridiculously overpowered 4th rate ship so cheap?

Cheap? It's 150 CM. Bellona is only 50.... Wasa is one of the most expensive ships now. Would you rather only the richest players are able to buy it??? Gtfo ^_^

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Sorry, but you've made the game way too easy now. Missions give far too much money and combats marks. And why can people just buy the ridiculously overpowered 4th rate ship so cheap? You don't even have to craft it. 

Its still not as bad as pre wipe where after a while people didn't know what to build anymore cause they had all ships they wanted at least 5 times. This might be the best option between, too hard and too easy imho.

4 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Cheap? It's 150 CM. Bellona is only 50.... Wasa is one of the most expensive ships now. Would you rather only the richest players are able to buy it??? Gtfo ^_^

Yes but you at least have to get the materials and a shipyard, and have labor hours and the right crafting level to craft the Bellona. You just get given the Wasa for 150CM and you can choose whatever build you like

Edited by NethrosDefectus

27 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Prince does not need a Blueprint it is unlocked by default.

Yah that what i get for not waking up and speaking before I had my morning shower/coffee.   I all ready made one for my baby pirate (alt I bought when it was last on sail).  Figure what the hell I'll send him off to hunt some traders later today...lol

2 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

sorted now, mine popped up as redeemable

Yep mine just popped up to, not like I plan to use them, but hay it's nice to have three of them just in case all hell happens and I decide to leave Pirates or something.

• Like 1

We need more ships and available to all nations and more things to do with .like attack missions . O what kind you ask !! Well we could have attack missions ok island encampments ,towns and individual port attacks for xp and mark. also small feets could come out to diffend comparable to you ship and rank. We need  more content.

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Yes but you at least have to get the materials and a shipyard, and have labor hours and the right crafting level to craft the Bellona. You just get given the Wasa for 150CM

That is very true but the combat marks are still worth more... and the Bellona is more powerful so it makes sense...

Just now, Captain Lust said:

That is very true but the combat marks are still worth more... and the Bellona is more powerful so it makes sense...

My fear is that this is a test for a new style of "ship crafting" and that eventually you wont need materials at all. It could be that they want players to test the ship out and that they have made it easy to get for that purpose. But they seem to ignore the subject every time someone asks them about it.

27 minutes ago, SUN said:

you announced that teleport to own outpost will be available from neutral & free town ...

I can't teleport (((

and admiralty is not available in free town for whom is installed there (

Yeah I have my ship yard in.free town you should have acses ad.mdmiralty stuff in free towns and teleport if you have a base there to your other bases

46 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Like was said, there is a ton of new 4th rate PBs on the map and no new 1st rate PBs. Also I happen to think that 4th rate PBs as they are now do not work to begin with. There has been almost no 4th rate PBs since the wipe for a reason, and no increase since the battlegroups. Everyone realises that a defender with the manpower to field a screening fleet can easily screen out an attack on a 4th rate port. Battlegroup BR won't help when the enemy can bring out 10-15 1st/2nd rates to screen the attackers who can only bring 4th rates in their battle group.

Another thing. We now need to be able to click on towns that are not Regional capitals or national capital. This has not been implemented for non capital ports yet. Which means for ports that are not capitals you can only click on the crosses, not on the town, to get the entry option. And you cannot see the name of the port from a distance by clicking on it.

its temporary.

55 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

4. Invisibility & Speed Boost after Hostility Mission (if you join it after it starts, just like with all missions). Players that joined on start didn't get it

5. Rank of sank ship changed after player joined (player joined after it got sank, before it was Commodore). Midshipman on Aggy :)

9B7ACD33797DBD942DB25295773CA1BA1068D82D

What the BR looking like for those WASA's?

Thank you, Devs. I believe this patch can be a step in the right direction to attracting a bigger player base -- a good thing for all play styles.

First, new players can now have some breathing room to learn the game in protected home waters

Secondly, Port ownership coupled with maintenance responsibility will be key in making a richer game. I envision -- and I hope you do too -- a time when there are more active things than pay taxes that clans need to do to own, maintain, and further develop their ports. This will attract traders, crafters, smugglers, and the warriors who feed off them.

Good job.

• Like 5

That "pay combat marks and choose ship build without the need to waste time on crafting" approach is interesting. I never really enjoyed crafting. Might want to add it to more ships in the future, but needs to be tested lively first of course.

Edited by Liq
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Like was said, there is a ton of new 4th rate PBs on the map and no new 1st rate PBs. Also I happen to think that 4th rate PBs as they are now do not work to begin with. There has been almost no 4th rate PBs since the wipe for a reason, and no increase since the battlegroups. Everyone realises that a defender with the manpower to field a screening fleet can easily screen out an attack on a 4th rate port. Battlegroup BR won't help when the enemy can bring out 10-15 1st/2nd rates to screen the attackers who can only bring 4th rates in their battle group.

Another thing. We now need to be able to click on towns that are not Regional capitals or national capital. This has not been implemented for non capital ports yet. Which means for ports that are not capitals you can only click on the crosses, not on the town, to get the entry option. And you cannot see the name of the port from a distance by clicking on it.

This is a tactics issue and not a game mechanics issue.  We need to devise tactics around the potential first rate screen against nations/clans we know can do this.  Having a resolution that is game mechanics coded is, to me, defeating the purpose of sand box style competitions.  If we want a guaranteed port battle of 25v25 in fair matching conditions we should just play an arena game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liq said:

That "pay combat marks and choose ship build without the need to waste time on crafting" approach is interesting. I never really enjoyed crafting. Might want to add it to more ships in the future, but needs to be tested lively first of course.

I'm only worried there will be less goods being shifted around the OW for the PVP'ers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

What about combat. Is it still with unlimited repairs and little difference in speed and favours stern raking and boarding and less sinking?

I'm afraid it's still unlimited repairs. Not sure what you mean with little diff in speed... I have had a keen eye on speeds for a while now ;)

It's all about sinking these days and has been for a while. Raking, demasting and boarding is still doable, but it doesn't take much skill to avoid being raked devastatingly. Just keep your distance and demasting is very hard to do.

I'm a bit puzzled; Why would a self proclaimed pvp'er ask for the lowest common denominator gameplay (sinking)?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

I'm only worried there will be less goods being shifted around the OW for the PVP'ers

Oh, don't worry about that. We aren't really interested in that. We'd rather have people go out confidently in their fighting ships.

• Like 3