Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

7 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

not entirely sure on the screening aspect but it is a concern.

but in terms of ports, almost ever port that we can capture is now a 4th rate or shallow water. Only a few capital regions are 1st rate port battles.

I actually recommend that all region deep water capitals now become 1st rate ship Port Battles.

its a legacy problem
we will tune it soon. (all non regional capital ports were 4th rates in database). 

• Like 4

First thing I noticed is Pirates get no BLUE PRINT for the Prince, but we can buy the permits (one 1 victory mark for 5 of them.)   Aggy still not BP able to gain in shop, but can get permit.  Guess these are 7 nation only ships still even though every one and there mother uses the Pirate frigates?  Just unlock all ships for all nations if you want to be that way Devs or lock them so they can only be gained by caputred.  Stop half assing it.

Ok noticed the Prince is a BP you get auto when you level up.  Now I'm not so pissy about it, but still might as well give us the rest of the BP's too if your never going to make us anything other than a Bastard Nation.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

not entirely sure on the screening aspect but it is a concern.

but in terms of ports, almost ever port that we can capture is now a 4th rate or shallow water. Only a few capital regions are 1st rate port battles.

I actually recommend that all region deep water capitals now become 1st rate ship Port Battles.

Hold off a bit and let the 4th rate thing play out first.  Part of the problem of the last two major map builds was all the players that felt RvR required gold or 5 slot First Rates.  Building them, attempting to build them and maintaining fleets of that make up are part of what was killing the game.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, admin said:

we wanted to try something new in terms of how some ships can be received. You don't have to craft those ships - you get them straight as a built ship. 

I dislike this idea. Crafting always gives you the feeling and satisfaction that you've created something. Buying ships by just choosing wood and trim is boring.

1 minute ago, Jœrnson said:

I dislike this idea. Crafting always gives you the feeling and satisfaction that you've created something. Buying ships by just choosing wood and trim is boring.

I might just be a total noob, but I honestly think it's a nice option to have. Just for some ships, though. I agree that most ships should still be craftable-only.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

Not yet. Some game pieces need to introduced in a more controlled manner at first in case they don't work as planned.  If the Wasa that was on the test bed could be crafted it could be game breaking.  Players would mass produce them all week and if the ship needed to be removed or nerfed it would be far more problematic.  If it passes the introduction test the can make it craft able later.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

First thing I noticed is Pirates get no BLUE PRINT for the Prince, but we can buy the permits (one 1 victory mark for 5 of them.)   Aggy still not BP able to gain in shop, but can get permit.  Guess these are 7 nation only ships still even though every one and there mother uses the Pirate frigates?  Just unlock all ships for all nations if you want to be that way Devs or lock them so they can only be gained by caputred.  Stop half assing it.

I agree this is a game no a history lesson. At this point all ships should available to everyone that's why I brought the game to be able to biuld and play with any ship . let's face it there was only 1 victory back the not 500 come devs make all ships available please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

@Peter Goldman PvP rewards in form of books, prints etc unfortunately get too many options for exploits. 
But we understand the frustration and are looking for ways to provide alternatives. 

Bring back xp for damage so folks won't farm for credits and CM and put them in the shop like we been telling you so that we can buy them just cost a lot more than depending on the random loot drops.  Though I would still keep some of the rare like the book sets or make them even more expensive.  That and why is copper plating still not craftable?

3 minutes ago, admin said:

hmm - bug

I found the BP on the char.  It's like the other permit ships you learn from leveling up crafting, but need permit for them.  So I was a bit hasty on that one.

2 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

+1 Would like my regular rattler and tiny gunboat. :)

Yah I want my dang gunboat back.  Being one of the few on PvP2 that had the BP I was sink in them like crazy.  Had no problem making them for other nations too just for fun ships to take out and blow some steam off.  I normally end up rolling mine over myself or sinking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

?? can you explain?

Like was said, there is a ton of new 4th rate PBs on the map and no new 1st rate PBs. Also I happen to think that 4th rate PBs as they are now do not work to begin with. There has been almost no 4th rate PBs since the wipe for a reason, and no increase since the battlegroups. Everyone realises that a defender with the manpower to field a screening fleet can easily screen out an attack on a 4th rate port. Battlegroup BR won't help when the enemy can bring out 10-15 1st/2nd rates to screen the attackers who can only bring 4th rates in their battle group.

Another thing. We now need to be able to click on towns that are not Regional capitals or national capital. This has not been implemented for non capital ports yet. Which means for ports that are not capitals you can only click on the crosses, not on the town, to get the entry option. And you cannot see the name of the port from a distance by clicking on it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SUN said:

you announced that teleport to own outpost will be available from neutral & free town ...

I can't teleport (((

and admiralty is not available in free town for whom is installed there (

Only neutral ports, free ports remain as they are/were.

Damn rediii xD

Edited by Demsity
damn rediii
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SUN said:

I trasfert all my resources to a free town, now i will be blocked there (((

Yes, free towns and neutral towns are not the same. Freetowns work as before, no tp and no crafting.
Neutral towns are normal towns open to eveyone. TP and crafting works.

6 hours ago, admin said:

-snip-

• 9 Freetowns
    • Aves
    • Great Corn
    • El Rancho
    • Tumbado
    • Shroud Cay
    • La Tortue
    • La Mona
    • Dariena
    • Guayaguayare