Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

The rest of the playerbase is still avoiding PVP because rewards for damage have been removed, and losing a ship while getting "Battle Report No Rewards" is simply not very enticing.

That can be changed. However, admin is completely silent on that subject.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

The rest of the playerbase is still avoiding PVP because rewards for damage have been removed, and losing a ship while getting "Battle Report No Rewards" is simply not very enticing.

The reward for pvp has to be exceptional . Good or excellent is not good enough to get people out of their pve holes.

But one problem to make pvp rewarding are alts and farming.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

The reward for pvp has to be exceptional

BR related, sorry.

1:1 ( +-30BR ) equals those epic rewards. In my opinion.

All the rest is mere farming ( 8v2, 14v1, 7v3, ...  ) and the rewards are the ships, or the cargo and bruised egos.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

No, it's not. They have automated log monitoring that catches that sort of thing. People have been banned in the past that no one reported for doing just that.

People will find a way. It might be like a faked boxing fight : I pay you to go down in round 3.

5 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

BR related, sorry.

1:1 ( +-30BR ) equals those epic rewards. In my opinion.

All the rest is mere farming ( 8v2, 14v1, 7v3, ...  ) and the rewards are the ships, or the cargo and bruised egos.

Yes we definitely are in need of a system that rewards equal or underdog fights over ones with to much advantage. Duke I know you had a system in your pocket. Suggest it pls.

56 minutes ago, admin said:

There are some concerns on the russian forum that the ability to make the city neutral will actually make the world a lot more peaceful. 

I think it will do two things, bring trade hub zones which remember the OW is not a safe place, you can still have PvP and get into fights. There is no safe zones other than around the capital.  Even the non capture zones will still allow PvP in those waters, you just can't capture the port.

Now what I all ready thought about is what if a few nations are at war with each other.  Say pirates comes in takes over a port in the middle of that zone.  We turn it into a neutral zone and open up for all nations to use.  Though we raise the tax to max.  This gives other nations to port in and use it for fighting on one side or the other and it will hopefully encourage more PvP in that area.  We could stock the crap out of repairs and other goods those players need and make a killing with the high tax rates.  

We could also make a close to home port very low tax, set it pirate and than help out our own nation with a more cheaper place to stock up.

We could take a major econ port like Bermuda Flatts and give it a really high tax rate as folks want to buy Bermuda.  I think it will give more reason to have control over certain ports and fight over them.

40 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I don't think so. Freeports will be used as a base for hostile actions by enemies as well. Since players are lazy, those freeports which are close to a lot of national naval action will be attractive to start pvp. That's why clans will weigh properly if the advantage of a freeport is worth the disadvantage you have to accept. I would say freeports will not be installed close to the core region of a nation.

But you can also set up a clan owned Neutral port and folks can actually set up outpost and teliport in and out of that port.  So it can be an instant freeport of the old days.

14 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Plz clarify , difference between freetown & neutral

Freetowns are exactly how they are now.  You can put up an outpost but you can't build anything or telport into or out.

Neutral town any one can put an out post there no matter who owns it and also put buildings up in that port. It's like the old neutral ports, but they didn't work for Pirates only other nations.

8 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

They need to hotfix and bring back XP for damage for all battles.  Than bump the Kil/Assit rewards for PvP, I don't think x2 cuts it, it needs to be x5 since we are still sharing those rewards with any one else that did damge in that fingt.  That way no matter what you still get your XP.  This will help with the ship knowlege grind and leveling up.  XP for travel and Missions xp needs to go to ship knowledge too.  This would be the quickest thing they can hotfix and hlep fix one of the biggest complaints a lot of folks are having.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

People will find a way. It might be like a faked boxing fight : I pay you to go down in round 3.

People didn't find a way when damage farming was possible for a year. You're talking one single fight? Insignificant. If it gets to the point where two players are involved, one player isn't getting much out of it anyways, so it would simply be better for both of them if they teamed up and shot big fleets.

7 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

People didn't find a way when damage farming was possible for a year. You're talking one single fight? Insignificant. If it gets to the point where two players are involved, one player isn't getting much out of it anyways, so it would simply be better for both of them if they teamed up and shot big fleets.

You can only do it once an hour cause of the recently kill.  Ships are worth way more than you get back in return.  Once you max out that alt than what?  So what you got him there, but in that time you farmed him once an hour you could of did 1-4 missions and prob got just about the same if not more xp and gained more CM and Gold.   I think these guys see some ghost/boogie man in alts and have no clue how they actually work .  

Where is that post by admin?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I think it will do two things, bring trade hub zones which remember the OW is not a safe place,

What makes you think people will use it as trade hubs? Because of what items? I haven't read anything about resource distribution so far. And this patch is made to keep newcomers in the game with that in mind I don't believe that the centers region won't have any special goods that are worth the struggle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

What makes you think people will use it as trade hubs? Because of what items? I haven't read anything about resource distribution so far. And this patch is made to keep newcomers in the game with that in mind I don't believe that the centers region won't have any special goods that are worth the struggle.

I'm not digging through 25 pages of info but it was mention rare resources will be in the capture zones.  Why would they put rare resources in a zone that can't be captured?  You will more than likely have basic crafting needs in those ports like we have in Capital Region, but you still will have to go out and find thous other resources and hopefully control those ports.  

By having them clan control and even if you set it neutral you control the taxes. I don't want some alt or other nation to use that port I set it to my nation and than raise the tax through the max.  The profits from other sales will make up for the tax your own clan pays cause the tax goes back to the clan warehouse.  

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎.‎08‎.‎21‎. at 11:37 PM, z4ys said:

Why always pve in a pvp game?

Because they dont care about players opinion. Just that happened with the repair system. We got a no repair battle system, most of players liked that, they wrote this, but developers just changed thier mind, and implement reapir system back without any doubt :). Now thats happen again. Everybody hated those OS sea groups attacking players, usually they hello kittyed up something exciting happening. Now they take it back. This system is so chaotic. Sooner or later small guilds, solo player will be supressed, or forced to play only in protected area. Im pretty sure, this patch wont give more player, in long term it will cause player leak again. Player base is low because the long sailing times, because the life is overall hard in NA, and because there are unplayable nations. They should give fair balance, an alliance system, some easier way to rearrange ships and some XP, gold reward boost. Instead of these they do a chaotic system, what wont resolve anything about the problems. They want the guilds to be regional. So in guild regions wont happen anything again, so hopefully big guilds will eliminate solo players and small guilds, and when the game will be nearly empty, goes to the drain below.

1 hour ago, admin said:

There are some concerns on the russian forum that the ability to make the city neutral will actually make the world a lot more peaceful. 

Have the Russians run out of gun powder. :P

Whoever has the biggest cannons can uphold their desired state or not?

26 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm not digging through 25 pages of info but it was mention rare resources will be in the capture zones.  Why would they put rare resources in a zone that can't be captured?  You will more than likely have basic crafting needs in those ports like we have in Capital Region, but you still will have to go out and find thous other resources and hopefully control those ports.  

By having them clan control and even if you set it neutral you control the taxes. I don't want some alt or other nation to use that port I set it to my nation and than raise the tax through the max.  The profits from other sales will make up for the tax your own clan pays cause the tax goes back to the clan warehouse.  

How many people actually use live oak or such rare resources? A handful? To be honest. Center has to offer something that everyone wants and not only a few. Otherwise it's doomed.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

no one uses live oak because the little bit of extra armor simply isn't worth having a max speed of 9.5

Fir Fir, the cheapest is the best.

And all these additional penalties to turn rate and acceleration aren't helping either.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

How many people actually use live oak or such rare resources? A handful? To be honest. Center has to offer something that everyone wants and not only a few. Otherwise it's doomed.

Live Oak only makes sense when AI fighting ...

• Like 1

Just now, mikawa said:

Live Oak only makes sense when AI fighting ...

But would you struggle to get it when you could substitute it with a wood that is 1. Closer 2. Easier to get 3. Safer ?

Out of my own experience. I would have used cedar teak for my raiding ships but because it was to far away and not easy to get I used fir teak and never have spent a thought about cedar again.

Just now, Celtiberofrog said:

We do not know when this wipe will be released, ok fair enough.

Plz confirm if ships, gold, XP & ressources will be preserved.

Thx

Only map will be wiped. That was the last info I have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Celtiberofrog said:

We do not know when this wipe will be released, ok fair enough.

Plz confirm if ships, gold, XP & ressources will be preserved.

Thx

As Admin statet there won't be a wipe. Just a map reset.

On 21.8.2017 at 11:20 PM, admin said:
    •  
  • New taxation feature
    • Nations will tax all transactions that are using money done through (Stamp tax)
      • Private Trade
      • Contracts (they are already taxed)
      • Public trade using the stores
      • Ship transactions
    • Barter transactions will not be taxed
    • Crafting and resource gathering will not be taxed

Why that?

The main reason to hold a port are the ressources inside. In production port isn't much trading. The player gather the ressources and transport them to the port where their shipyard or workshop or cwh is. Who wanna pay maintenance for those ports?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Why that?

The main reason to hold a port are the ressources inside. In production port isn't much trading. The player gather the ressources and transport them to the port where their shipyard or workshop or cwh is. Who wanna pay maintenance for those ports?

I tried to point that out last page. Apparently Bernadotte has more information and told me to stuff it :)