Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

You're reading it wrong, he clearly says they make like 100k to 150k damage per kill or assist.

That means they made e.g.  10 kills when playing, but totaled 1.5 million damage dealt. This does not mean they dealt 150k to a single ship. They damage farmed one ship over and over to reach that kind of damage dealt, and every now and then they scored a legit kill. This is an average across all of their activities.

16 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah they came back and said doing cross nation would be to much a trouble with the code how Nations are set up. So it's only clans in your own nation that you can add.

Thanks I did try skimming through 20 or so pages I obviously missed it lol

ye I can see how it would be a pain to do code wise but it sure would a very interesting dynamic in game 

15 hours ago, Skully said:

The problem is in OW during dragging of potential allied ships. Say Clan A starts a fight with Clan B, both are allied with Clan C. To which side should Clan C ships go?

And if you make it a choice, you would see too interesting reactions from both Clan A and B.

(I have the original discussion somewhere with admin, if needs be I'll dig it up.)

Especially when you get the above situation,

maybe if had a an unwritten rule like rugby does "after all is said and done everyone goes down the pub and has a beer together".

Personally I'd like us to be privateers and have absolutely nothing tied to a nation and have a reputation system, with addition of Carrer paths which affects you perk options for example you could be a hunter, admiral, trader then you have specific perks around that like hunter has a Lower crew limit overall but has the ability to give there enemies the option to surrender or bribe them to let them go, just an example 

I would also like the upgrade section removed and introduced into the crafting section so there should be options as shipwrights to be gunnery speed or armor so for an example gunnery can make his ships carry more guns or heavier guns in certain slots or move guns around the ship to suit them,

i think that way many people sailing the same ship wouldn't be so bad cause they could be very different form each other and would offer some more interesting challenges for pve and pvp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quineloe said:

No, you certainly did not get more gold / exp from PVP than you do today. Don't make me prove that as well....

Okay I dug it out anyways

s1UAddq.png

Solo kill PVP on a Belle Poule. That is less than you get today.

And your not getting it.  On today's system they would not get more xp/gold unless they get a kill or assist.  Take out the kill xp of 360, 1800 gold.  New system if you didn't get the kill/assit you get ZERO REWARDS. On that old system for doing that much damage but no kill/assit you would still get 333 xp and 18344 gold, while on the old system that player got 693 xp and 36344 Gold.

You still haven't proved anything cause where is your rewards for a current system kill to compare?  I don't screen shot my kills but if I find a belle Poule I'll do one to compare.   Was that PvP or PvE by chance?

I give up. I have to write everything three times in this thread for the slowpokes.

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Was that PvP or PvE by chance?

Solo kill PVP on a Belle Poule. Literally already said so in the post. Read everything before you reply.

You still haven't proved anything cause where is your rewards for a current system kill to compare?

That is COMMON KNOWLEDGE. If you don't know what kills reward today, you shouldn't discuss anything in this thread at all. If you don't know the game because you're not even playing it, why are you here?

Edited by Quineloe

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

where is your rewards for a current system kill to compare?  I don't screen shot my kills but if I find a belle Poule I'll do one to 

lol,  don't get offended at this joke but..

TyPiCaL pIrAtE dOeSn'T KnOw ThE pVp AwArDs

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Quineloe said:

You're reading it wrong, he clearly says they make like 100k to 150k damage per kill or assist.

That means they made e.g.  10 kills when playing, but totaled 1.5 million damage dealt. This does not mean they dealt 150k to a single ship. They damage farmed one ship over and over to reach that kind of damage dealt, and every now and then they scored a legit kill. This is an average across all of their activities.

Ah. That makes more sense, but it wasn't that clear in Admin's statement. Rumor going around on pvp2 was they were using programs that sent false damage numbers back to the server. Either way it kinda reinforces why they took it out in the first place. Sucks when a pvp fight is the other guy finally deciding to run for it after you've blown through a few repairs and both of you end up with nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, Duncan McFail said:

Ah. That makes more sense, but it wasn't that clear in Admin's statement. Rumor going around on pvp2 was they were using programs that sent false damage numbers back to the server. Either way it kinda reinforces why they took it out in the first place. Sucks when a pvp fight is the other guy finally deciding to run for it after you've blown through a few repairs and both of you end up with nothing.

sad that we can't have basic features because fear of a few people abusing.

Its like banning holloween in fear of a large groups of children getting stabbed. Most of them will live, come on devs.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

This was February 2016. Your rumors were months later I assume (I never even heard of that, it seems impossible because your client doesn't decide how much damage you dealt, therefore doesn't send any data to the server about that), and it wasn't taken out for that reason either. It was taken out because the whiners kept whining "waaah the people we kill must walk away with nothing!".

The same whiners and dev pet posters here that as a thanks for having their way aren't even playing the game anymore. But that's who is being listened to here, a handful of dev pet posters.

Just now, Quineloe said:

This was February 2016. Your rumors were months later I assume (I never even heard of that, it seems impossible because your client doesn't decide how much damage you dealt, therefore doesn't send any data to the server about that), and it wasn't taken out for that reason either. It was taken out because the whiners kept whining "waaah the people we kill must walk away with nothing!".

The same whiners and dev pet posters here that as a thanks for having their way aren't even playing the game anymore. But that's who is being listened to here, a handful of dev pet posters.

Its the same group of whiners who hold back the progress of the game because they don't like change. Every time you listen to them you set the game back 1 dev cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

I give up. I have to write everything three times in this thread for the slowpokes.

Solo kill PVP on a Belle Poule. Literally already said so in the post. Read everything before you reply.

That is COMMON KNOWLEDGE. If you don't know what kills reward today, you shouldn't discuss anything in this thread at all. If you don't know the game because you're not even playing it, why are you here?

You still haven't proved anything. I said that the rewards where more than cause you still got rewarded for damage even if you don't get the kill assist. You don't get any rewards now.  So instead of saying I don't have a clue maybe you should bring some actual facts to the table?  You done little of that and you are using half the time data that is over a year and half old.  Show me a battle you got no kills or assit back than and what your reward was and show me what it would be with the exact same battle now?   You would of still gained XP and Gold a year ago.  Now you would get nothing. A player that isn't maxed out like me or you is being hurt by this.  They try to help but they gain nothing from the fight.  

So to me I think it's you that don't know what rewards give and I stated several times that if you did not get Assit and Kills. I mention nothing about kills reward.  It sounds like your the one not reading every thing.  Maybe you should go back yourself and read a little more what folks are debating about.  The issue isn't about kills and assit, the issue is getting no rewards when you are in a fight if you don't get any kills or assit.

41 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

lol,  don't get offended at this joke but..

TyPiCaL pIrAtE dOeSn'T KnOw ThE pVp AwArDs

Maybe if he reads what we are saying and not what he wants.   I wasn't talking about PvP kills.  I said many times for folks that get zero assit/kills in fights but do damage.  Maybe he doesn't know the rewards either.   Who knows, but I do know one thing unless you get a kill or assit in the fight than you get nothing....period.

By the sounds of it he's the one that doesn't want change or things to be fixed.  Folks are asking to have it returned to a level that wasn't so much a PvE grind and pain. We aren't asking for it to be returned to the level you get XP/GOLD for damage, only a few guys I have heard said that and that includes him.  Most of the post I seen are folks only asking for XP for damage.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Mechanics that haven't been properly evaluated against the flip side of the coin, leading to the opposite effect of their original intent.

People don't state their true intent when they bring forth suggestions, they bring forth suggestions to undermine one-others position not thinking about how it undermines their own.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

By the sounds of it he's the one that doesn't want change or things to be fixed.

Ah you know what, you don't read my posts at all. I'm one of the main lobbyists for this very thing, and you say that? You don't read my posts, your posts are barely legible due to your complete disregard for spelling and grammar, and you now accuse me of this? Hell no. Here I was about to sift through my testing screenshots (because you clearly do not test this game, you just consume) to find the data you asked, but apparently it would be even more wasted effort on you.

You claim to know what people are asking for? How? By reading this thread? Don't make me laugh. You know what you want, and you're projecting it on everyone else.

Ignore from here. If you don't read my posts, I am not gonna even see yours.

• Like 1

Hi all

it seems trade-winds are not going to be introduced...

but we still can introduce them as a simulated comparison in what we have now for the double speed

if we look at speed, we see the average  vessel is going 12 knots more or less

give the speed a 5 knots boost

the trade winds speed are about max 17 knots, what means that the double speed comes to a max speed of 34 knots after 30 seconds for average vessel speed

the benefits are obvious the game speed is increased a bit 

and it has the same speed as trade winds 

also, you will have a better overview on surroundings (you don't have to use [home]  that much )  

it will probably have benefits for your fps on your pc as well

@admin

******** >> if it looks strange (fast speed) we also can have the look s adjusted(towards ship and surroundings) by having the view on the ship altered a little bit back more, (zoom out a tick extra )> the ship and the surroundings become smaller and it will have an effect on your experience for realism....******

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------translate to rus

всем привет

кажется, что ветры не будут введены ...

Но мы все же можем представить их как симулированное сравнение в том, что у нас есть сейчас для двойной скорости

Если мы посмотрим на скорость, мы увидим, что средний сосуд идет на 12 узлов больше или меньше

Дать скорость 5 узлов

скорость торможения составляет около 17 узлов, что означает, что двойная скорость достигает максимальной скорости 34 узла после 30 секунд для средней скорости судна

преимущества очевидны, скорость игры увеличивается немного

и он имеет ту же скорость, что и пассаты

Кроме того, у вас будет лучший обзор окружения (вам не нужно много использовать [home])

>> Если это выглядит странно (быстрая скорость), мы также можем настроить внешний вид (по направлению к кораблю и окрестностям), так как вид на корабле немного изменился,> корабль и его окрестности станут меньше, и это будет влияние на ваш опыт для реализма ....

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

Ah you know what, you don't read my posts at all. I'm one of the main lobbyists for this very thing, and you say that? You don't read my posts, your posts are barely legible due to your complete disregard for spelling and grammar, and you now accuse me of this? Hell no. Here I was about to sift through my testing screenshots (because you clearly do not test this game, you just consume) to find the data you asked, but apparently it would be even more wasted effort on you.

You claim to know what people are asking for? How? By reading this thread? Don't make me laugh. You know what you want, and you're projecting it on everyone else.

Ignore from here. If you don't read my posts, I am not gonna even see yours.

Again no facts  and now just personnel attacks.  I asked you to show me proof they got more rewards for none kills and assist and you show me a PvP kill.  So some one isn't the one reading every thing through.

5 hours ago, Quineloe said:

It was taken out because the whiners kept whining "waaah the people we kill must walk away with nothing!".

Perhaps a few posters tentatively ok'ed it after the fact, but i don't remember anyone asking for it beforehand, much less whined about it.

5 hours ago, Quineloe said:

But that's who is being listened to here, a handful of dev pet posters.

Ah, the mythical unicorn dev pet posters. They sure are busy ruining it for every side of an argument.

If you're going to be so hard on Texas you might want to avoid posts like this. 

edit:

The core of this discussion has merit, but if the shitslinging continues everything might just go poof. 

Edited by jodgi

4 hours ago, Skully said:

Mechanics that haven't been properly evaluated against the flip side of the coin, leading to the opposite effect of their original intent.

People don't state their true intent when they bring forth suggestions, they bring forth suggestions to undermine one-others position not thinking about how it undermines their own.

The "true intent" is to improve the game. If it doesn't improve the game then it will be discarded objectively. Any subjective or emotionally driven personal vendetta of a "counter suggestion" will be discarded just as fast.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Again no facts  and now just personnel attacks.  I asked you to show me proof they got more rewards for none kills and assist and you show me a PvP kill.  So some one isn't the one reading every thing through.

You two are literally arguing about rewards then and now, when you both agree that reward from damage should be brought back, no?

You both have no say in the value of rewards, that's solely up to the devs. Communities don't do the number crunching, that's the devs job.

• Like 3

People will find a way. It might be like a faked boxing fight : I pay you to go down in round 3.

Yes, and my very first reaction to this would be: who cares?

If there are people who want to enjoy a game in which they have solely fun by setting up fake PvP fights with their friends then let them. What is it with this collective punishment where an entire player base has to be punished because of the behavior of the 1%?

Ramp up the rewards for PvP and make the players feel like they are welcome, not like they are just some problem one has to constantly solve.

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Yes, and my very first reaction to this would be: who cares?

If there are people who want to enjoy a game in which they have solely fun by setting up fake PvP fights with their friends then let them. What is it with this collective punishment where an entire player base has to be punished because of the behavior of the 1%?

Ramp up the rewards for PvP and make the players feel like they are welcome, not like they are just some problem one has to constantly solve.

Yeah, it really doesn't hurt anyone. And if the rewards are balanced the time/effort probably wouldn't be worth it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Reginald said:

Thanks Skully. Thought that was for the testing of the new ships & unity 5 which was scheduled to close end of Aug. 

It is the same. There's only one testbed. The version of testbed many of us played prior to the wipe is no more. 

Went by the procedure and found there were no players on the testbed and it popped me into a situation of basic with cutter and 500 gold.  Got out of that and back into my regular game. Say, do you know when this next change is going to come about regarding Nassau being Pirate capital and is there any information for all of us as to what happens to our assets during the next change?

2 hours ago, Lord Reginald said:

Went by the procedure and found there were no players on the testbed and it popped me into a situation of basic with cutter and 500 gold.  Got out of that and back into my regular game. Say, do you know when this next change is going to come about regarding Nassau being Pirate capital and is there any information for all of us as to what happens to our assets during the next change?

Did you not get redeemable?

Admin said the Town Management is close to being done and will be sent to Testbed when ready so we might see that this week. I think most of the other changes are minor enough they can get them done quickly we hope.  As for Capitals changes haven't heard anything new about that so we will have to wait and see.  As for assets many things might happen. Back when we did the regional patch and had a map wipe like this all buildings where removed and you got paid the cost to make/set them up.  Though the ports are going neutral and we can set up outpost and buildings in neutral ports so they might do anything.  Though many of us are waiting on a map of what it will look like so we can move stuff and set up for the patch.