Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

22 hours ago, fox2run said:

A thought on RvR...

I hate the idea that some key elements of the game should be runned and controlled by clans. Or rather variable groups of players that act as a nobility or oligarchy. 

Do you have any considerations on how to make RvR experience somewhat positive instead of those personal powermongering that lies in a clan system? 

How come single players should be limited from port battles? 

Shouldnt there rules on clan-behavior?

A lot of single players like the idea of a nation but does not want to have the clan stuff. Isn't possible to make port battles open for all?

Here you have it ;

rvr means realm vs realm (or parts of a nation like clans)

and you as a solo player who wants to do  RVR on his own 

you can do port battle , but you must make your own clan and accomplish hostility to trigger a battle

you will soon discover doing battle on your own against 25 agas is a  monster operation, and if you survive that,  i will call you super-captain fox2run in capital letters.

so yeah you can do it but that won't work,>  the rules on this on is that there will be maxed 25 people in the battle (and you will ... meet them :wacko: )

and yes they are open for you, if you and yourself made clan>  joins the attacker group 

so the answer is:  yes

and sigle player are not limited to do battle , maybe futile , but not limited .....

if you want to conquer the world on your own, that is a to big undertaking that will never happen..

--------------------------------

sorry mod:  did not see that one coming, my bad now, it is now a troll indeed

but just to give an example of a PvE player (one of the few) 

but no input on balance, just many questions  we have to solve first ,((one at the time (perhaps)

Edited by Thonys

50 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Here you have it ;

rvr means realm vs realm (or parts of a nation like clans)

and you as a solo player who wants to do  RVR on his own 

you can do port battle , but you must make your own clan and accomplish hostility to trigger a battle

you will soon discover doing battle on your own against 25 agas is a  monster operation, and if you survive that,  i will call you super-captain fox2run in capital letters.

so yeah you can do it but that won't work,>  the rules on this on is that there will be maxed 25 people in the battle (and you will ... meet them :wacko: )

and yes they are open for you, if you and yourself made clan>  joins the attacker group 

so the answer is:  yes

and sigle player are not limited to do battle , maybe futile , but not limited .....

if you want to conquer the world on your own, that is a to big undertaking that will never happen..

--------------------------------

sorry mod:  did not see that one coming, my bad now, it is now a troll indeed

but just to give an example of a PvE player (one of the few) 

but no input on balance, just many questions  we have to solve first ,((one at the time (perhaps)

Have made my own clan. But hard to make it stay alive as players leave all the time. Myself included. It dosnt work. What the game needs a mechanism open for everyone. Clans tends to organize themselves anyway. They dont need game mechanisms for that. Single players need mechanisms so they can easily go to a battle with other players regardless of clan-status. RvR as a backbone-mechanism in a game does not and will never work. 

4 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Have made my own clan. But hard to make it stay alive as players leave all the time. Myself included. It dosnt work. What the game needs a mechanism open for everyone. Clans tends to organize themselves anyway. They dont need game mechanisms for that. Single players need mechanisms so they can easily go to a battle with other players regardless of clan-status. RvR as a backbone-mechanism in a game does not and will never work. 

i know the feeling mate,  i am in the same condition as you are

lets, try to make it work.

its alpha we are not there yet, where we all want to be, but i think we are on track for the first time...

that why we need balance for solo and rvr, but some aspects are not there.... yet..... (like a good economy, for example, it still needs polish)

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Speaking of the smuggler flag, it honestly needs to go back to being the way it use to be. Sorry you don't want to get jumped than don't have it on.  Did you know when your tagged with it on the out side of the battle shows a national with smuggler flag as a pirate and pirates can only join that side side not the other national that tagged you? If they are treated as pirates than why aren't they fully treated as one and any one including there own nation can tag them?  It should also mean while you have the smuggler flag on and if another pirate tags you it should make a FFA battle.   

I honestly think the flag should be removed and should be a ability pirates get any way and if nationals want to use another nation port than they need to get reputation for it (hint we need a reputation system.)  For pirates they can have there own trade reputation called smuggler that allows them to enter each nations ports as long as your in a trade ship.  That's a topic for another thread though.

Remember if you don't want to be attacked and treated as a pirate all you have to do is not have the smuggler flag on.

Smuggler Flag could allow players to circumvent taxation.......at least for sales transaction in any port. Maybe only allow smugglers to be attacked by same nation clans that own the port that smugglers are trying to enter.

RvR needs a centralized random mission maker, that constantly put the strongest clans at war  with eachother.

Type: The Admirality requires that u take that region! (within a certain timeframe)
then for the opposing clan same info but for "defence" within the same timeframe. I think that this with lord protector and taxation feels complicated.

As for rewards ...You need to ask: What do players like most?

according to me:

1. "paints" to make their ship diffrent/special from others
2. "uppgrades"
3."their name on the wall" (acknowledgment from other players)

Put this as prices and have us fight over this!
We tried resource scarcity, and we somehow managed but became unhappy in the process!
Fix the stupid player contracts(too low/high)thow!

3 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

To get the tax money.

If no one is online playing, then no one will use it, if no one uses it then no taxes, if there are no taxes there is no money, no money.... why bother taking it in the first place.

See the issue?

On 8/21/2017 at 4:52 PM, BadgerOverlord said:

Will the servers be merged because at this point without something magically bringing the population back up all of this will be a moot with 50 players on Global at peak. Seriously unless we get population back up this is all just an excersise in futility. 

No amounts of mergers is going to help population.  This game has a fatal flaw that the devs refuse to fix and the community who has thier ear refuses to admit exists.

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I know you where and I was more talking about the other players that didn't come from EU.  I'll be honest when 3.0 drops our clan will prob be gone off to SC and be done with this game.

If the devs care they would change the things we are saying killing the game now (the grind and xp rewards) which are only number changes and not major content.  Than come along and fix the rest of the stuff with future patches.  We are fine with RvR being dead for now, but we want the rest of the game to not be dead.

Nothing will save the game. The players who control what the devs do refuse to admit the thing that killed this game a long time ago. Nothing will save this game now. Pride cometh before the fall...the fall is close.

10 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

No amounts of mergers is going to help population.  This game has a fatal flaw that the devs refuse to fix and the community who has thier ear refuses to admit exists.

All it needs is PvE content, faster world travel, more NPCs and loot. Many great suggestions being ignored for some reason. Also, some great reviews on Steam that provide useful information on what needs work. I believe this patch is once again 10% PvE 90% RvR/PvP oriented. Naval Action can't accept casual players in this state. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

I'll have to repeat my question: If you capture a port as a clan, do you have to take that port with all responsibilities and maintenance for your clan or can you set it to your nation, but without your clan owning it?

If you have to keep the port and pay for it, do you expect the majority of the map to be white? because at 500k per day, our very active clan is not gonna hold a single port.

Edited by Quineloe

21 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Nothing will save the game. The players who control what the devs do refuse to admit the thing that killed this game a long time ago. Nothing will save this game now. Pride cometh before the fall...the fall is close.

The only way to save this game is to introduce a lot of pve stuff and fix long remaining problems. 

-Reduce OS travel time

-Add world spawn points, so people can enjoy all parts of the world once per hour. 

-Add achivements

-Add OS random missions, debris, survivors. 

-Add Treasure chests and keys, varieties of loot similar to potbs

-Rewards system for dailies, weekly, monthly actions

-Rank progress board with rewards and free ships. 

Many great ideas that can save this game, but no one does anything with them. I understand they will try to market this game again, but it will only be temporary boost that will vanish again very quickly and with new upcoming Patch it will be another project in the garbage bin. Why? If we do not have population everything becomes obsolete and will not function as it should or was designed to function. I really hope they have big plans for PvE. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hodo said:

If no one is online playing, then no one will use it, if no one uses it then no taxes, if there are no taxes there is no money, no money.... why bother taking it in the first place.

See the issue?

Oh. Nobody's playing the game? Told you they wouldn't. But ya didn't listen m8... 

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Did you know when your tagged with it on the out side of the battle shows a national with smuggler flag as a pirate

Yes :D, still eagerly awaiting that Tribunal... :P:ph34r:

(sound of running feet)

... /o\

12 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

@admin i think the pve reward raise from 40k to 400k is way too excessive,people would be sitting on millions and millions of gold, wich will lead to huge inflation..

Raising it by a tiny bit (maybe to a 100k) will do already, not from one extreme to another, its already easy to make 100 k in a 1th rate fleet mission atm.

Ships should still be a bit hard to get, if i can replace a victory in 1/2 missions, i wouldnt care about losing it anymore,alot of the tension/excitment in this game comes from the fact that its quite scary to sail such ship alone because it hurts when you lose it,because it will take some time to get it back..

I think the 1/2/3/4th rates should be quite rare and expensive.

Hence it must zero-sum or faucet controlled: 

32 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

@admin i think the pve reward raise from 40k to 400k is way too excessive,people would be sitting on millions and millions of gold, wich will lead to huge inflation..

Raising it by a tiny bit (maybe to a 100k) will do already, not from one extreme to another, its already easy to make 100 k in a 1th rate fleet mission atm.

Ships should still be a bit hard to get, if i can replace a victory in 1/2 missions, i wouldnt care about losing it anymore,alot of the tension/excitment in this game comes from the fact that its quite scary to sail such ship alone because it hurts when you lose it,because it will take some time to get it back..

I think the 1/2/3/4th rates should be quite rare and expensive.

You have to understand that it's better to have money and go out pvp without fear of going bankrupt from loosing ship. People will sit on millions sooner or later. Ships will be sinking, demand will be there. As long as we get people back on OS it's only a win win situation. 

Look where we are with all these crazy prices.  1st-2nd rates should be very difficult to acquire and should take long time I agree, but not 3rd rates and everything under...

• Like 1

If you thought the occasional flame or shout out "we don't help other clans" on the national chat was bad, wait until this update goes live, sit back and enjoy the ultimate bitch fights (excuse my language) amongst the clans of your nation. Probably even the saltiest of clan players will sourly quit this game leaving us behind with an empty RvR arena. 

Please, add some story content to this game and simplify - simplify -simplify. 

1 hour ago, NielsVisser said:

devs have a early weekend or are they planning something?

Admin told people to stay on topic.  They have not.

23 hours ago, admin said:

guys

if you want your feedback to be read FOCUS on the main post and things listed in the main post. 
Otherwise we see no point bringing up issues to the discussion as it seems community does not help some captains to understand the difference between feedback and shitposting.

• Like 1

On ‎24‎-‎8‎-‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Prater said:

Admin told people to stay on topic.  They have not.

shit posting lmao, people are posting great ideas but only 1 out of 25 will come in the game (and then they choose the stupid one) so we can better have some fun on the forums otherwise this will be a graveyard of good ideas.

Edited by NielsVisser
cuz you don't own me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

Oh. Nobody's playing the game? Told you they wouldn't. But ya didn't listen m8... 

I told them word for word how this game would implode step by step over a year ago if the devs implimented the biggest game killer into the game. They along with the mods who control what is done laughed and mocked me.

A year later its like a page by page replay of how I said it would happen. 

We have to face facts at this point , that they simply dont want this game to succeed and are using it as a blackboard for something else.

1 hour ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

If you thought the occasional flame or shout out "we don't help other clans" on the national chat was bad, wait until this update goes live, sit back and enjoy the ultimate bitch fights (excuse my language) amongst the clans of your nation. Probably even the saltiest of clan players will sourly quit this game leaving us behind with an empty RvR arena. 

Please, add some story content to this game and simplify - simplify -simplify. 

They made this game a clickfest game with so many exploits that they have spent 18 months trying to slow down character progression that THEY screwed up to begin with so they can never simplify it now.

Ive said many times that the game was better at ow launch than any time since then and it was extremely simple in terms of doing things but took brains and will to become great. Was a great system ruined by cry babies and people with no vision or ability to think ahead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

I told them word for word how this game would implode step by step over a year ago if the devs implimented the biggest game killer into the game. They along with the mods who control what is done laughed and mocked me.

A year later its like a page by page replay of how I said it would happen. 

We have to face facts at this point , that they simply dont want this game to succeed and are using it as a blackboard for something else.

This is not a helpful nor relevant comment. Take it in another topic than a feedback topic on a specific patch suggestion. Come up with sourced and relevant criticism of the contents of this proposed patch, or don't.

Also, predicting that a game in Early Access Alpha will gradually be loosing players is like predicting that the sun will come up tomorrow. 

• Like 5