Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

because that "Skilled" captain is happy to leave port with a fast ship that goes 11.8 because repairs weigh it down. You should be able to resupply in any friendly port. It favors PVP. Having to sail home because you're out of repairs does not favor PVP.

2 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

because that "Skilled" captain is happy to leave port with a fast ship that goes 11.8 because repairs weigh it down. You should be able to resupply in any friendly port. It favors PVP. Having to sail home because you're out of repairs does not favor PVP.

Or that skilled captain always keeps an outpost slot available for such eventualities that he needs to craft repairs.

9 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Hello inflation my old friend... Ive come to talk with you again.. :o)

Right on!  Dev's only seem to have a switch from one extreme to the other.....  Way to little or way to much.

Use incremental increases to find the sweet spot.  Increasing it by 800% seems a bit out of control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skully said:

Or that skilled captain always keeps an outpost slot available for such eventualities that he needs to craft repairs.

yep, paying 15k outpost fee every time you need to resupply surely is just that extra money sink that PVP needs.

But instead of being a negative nancy, you could come up with an actual reason why PVP should be stifled through repairs. I'm waiting.

I like your post, but I hate your habit to constantly reply with links to threads.

nevermind that you can still just run out of repairs no matter how effective they are on the OW. Does not solve the issue one bit.

Edited by Quineloe

3 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

maybe not everyone has three accounts and some people actually need to juggle economy, storage and combat related outposts all in one.

I'm sorry, but it easier than repeating myself and it also serves to steer these "off-topic" discussions into separate areas.

On 21/8/2017 at 11:20 PM, admin said:

• Clans will be able purchase trading outpost in the city increasing the volume of trading resources sold or bought in the town
      • under consideration - clans will be able to set reinforcement level for their city
      • under consideration - clans will be able to set the time they can be attacked on (like the old lord protector role) but this will cost money this time.

@admin‌‌‌ No servermerge unless there's a credible solution to the nightflips - the problem is a two-way street either the ports are flipped at night or the timers are set at night. Wether we call the factions clans, warcompanies or national factions will not change the underlying problem - the english speaking community is the ONLY community with 24/7 coverage and that will not change no matter how many players there will be on a server. To merge the servers without a solution is to kill both.

On 8/21/2017 at 5:20 PM, admin said:

We would like to present the final review of the coming features in general (some of which are partially on testbed). 

• Economy tuning
    • Number of trips required for crafting will be drastically reduced
    • Ship prices will be adapted to better suit older costs that included durabilities
    • Combat marks permits and skill book prices will be adapted but some ships will remain rare and expensive
    • Trading resources placement will be improved and demand and supply volumes adapted for new system
  • Hostility and map rework
    • [snip][
  • No country for old men  Reinforcements and new players protection program
    • [snip]

The proposals are mostly positive change... I think.

I actually think Hotfix 10 (the wipe) would have worked better for the economy except you made everything hard and time consuming at the same time. You fought inflation by virtually turning off money supply. Everything got more extreme and expensive for the casual or new player. I'd encourage you with this next stage, relax things some but not necessarily everything, and not to an extreme. Little or gradual changes can make a big difference.

I'm looking forward to trying the new hostility and map rework.

Regarding helping new players... PLEASE RECONSIDER and grant XP for all crafting and battle damage. New players have trouble advancing.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Edited by Farrago

@admin pls consider my post for allowing the defensive clan set the size of the PB. 25v25 is just to many players for some clans. we need something for the medium size clans to do. set a minimum of 5/10 with a max of 25. so please consider it. there is no reason for port battles to be as large and taxing as they are. you can make this work. 

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The lord protector was proven to be one of the most criticized mechanics of the game when it was implemented. It didnt work well then and it will not work now.

Its return would be a mistake.

no it can be done right. and it needs to happen so a server merge can happen. the game you love is dyeing twice as fast as it should. server merge will save it for a little while. 

1 minute ago, King of Crowns said:

no it can be done right. and it needs to happen so a server merge can happen. the game you love is dyeing twice as fast as it should. server merge will save it for a little while. 

That's a band aid fix and a sad choice , need real ideas and not ones that mask the current mechanic issues, he'll the ping alone will run many off and limit customers ....and then you would be back here giving some other foolish idea

Just now, Mike the Mongel said:

That's a band aid fix and a sad choice , need real ideas and not ones that mask the current mechanic issues, he'll the ping alone will run many off and limit customers ....and then you would be back here giving some other foolish idea

global server is dead. your loosing 1/2 your player base right there. yes this doesn't fix the problem but it is one step in the right direction to fixing it. and the unity 5 update should make pings a little bit better to deal with. no one will play the game with less than 100 players online. only fools who have nothing else to do with their lives. players are the content bud and if there are no players there is no reason to do anything. 

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The game I love will definitely die if we are forced to play with the rules of the Global server

My impression is that a "server merge" would NOT include the "rules of the Global server" since it's the one that is dying first - just moving characters, or allowing them to be moved. Not that there wouldn't be a myriad of other complaints whatever happens.  There always will be...

23 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The lord protector was proven to be one of the most criticized mechanics of the game when it was implemented. It didnt work well then and it will not work now.

Its return would be a mistake.

No it wasn't proven, the problem was the flag system was very poorly regulated. It needed proper cool downs and means to protect a port and not just take empty dots on off hours.   If you and your NONE 24/7 lot want to have protected ports than only take and control those ports you have time to defend and set the time slots to times you can do so. If you can not protect it in your prime time than the problem was never the port timers, it's your own actions as to why you lost it. If my clan is an AUS/US prime time clan and I take your port in EU prime time when you should be able to defend it the best than that is an issue on your own defense.   Your prime time your port you should be able to protect it against us in our off times.   If you can't than that is an clan/nation issue of having the proper players no matter the prime times of other players and when they set there ports.   If you don't want to attack none prime time clans for your nation/clan than take your fighting to another nation with clans in your prime time.

19 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

The old system was flawed cause of bad Flag mechanics and folks being able to pull tons of false flags and no proper cool downs.  If some one can't defend a port in there prime time against a nation that isn't say EU prime time than they wouldn't been able to defend it against another EU prime time nation/clan.   

You guys keep forgetting what @admin has said in the past.  50% of the sales of this game is from the North American market. I think part of the problem is the retention of those players.    With one server you can have a mix of EU, AUS, US time zones.  With the new clan based RvR it means it's not the nations job to show up to every port, it's the clan/clans that control them that will protect those ports. If those clans can not hold those ports in there prime times than that is there problems and some one else is going to take it and put it in there own prime time.  With port Maintenance and upkeep Clan/s will only be able to hold the ports they can maintain and hold properly. No more of this taking every dot on the globe and keeping the.  You actually have to have the resources and man power to keep those ports or they will go back to being Neutral. I'm going to bet on both PvP EU and GLOBAL you would see the big nations loose a good chunk of there ports that no one use  if it was currently under the new system.

With the new system we are going to see clans taking over a area and protecting that area as there own.    More than just a nation as a whole.

@admin It would be nice if we  can get a proposed map of what the map will look like after the port reset so folks can comment on how things will start up. I can see kinda in my head an ideal, but we really need to see what the Dev's have planing like back when you posted this map.

PGMItqF.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

My impression is that a "server merge" would NOT include the "rules of the Global server" since it's the one that is dying first - just moving characters, or allowing them to be moved. Not that there wouldn't be a myriad of other complaints whatever happens.  There always will be...

yea we are just asking for our ships and goods to be translated over. @Mike the Mongel @Intrepido could you  imagine things being bad enough that you knew you had to start over 3 months after the wipe... because there was an average of 75 players online for the day on your server. keep your port battles. we just want our mats and we want more players to come back. 

also. you don't have to bring back the flag system in order to set time zones. just make it so that hostility can only be driven up within a 4 hour window. or w/e it is. BOOM problem solved. with the new system being set up so that missions grind hostility it shouldn't take more than 4 hours to set the pb. and if it is set later then it just reverts to a port battle within the time zone that the defenders have set. also minimum of 12 and maximum of 25 for the port battles. let the defender decide how many (this would enable much more battles) many port battles are left in fought due to the inability to get 25 captains with the right ships in the right place at the right time.  

14 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Actually if you looked at the numbers GLOBAL didn't start loosing players until this patch was announced we stayed pretty strong with 250-300 players until that was announced.  It was EU that lost a big chunk of it's players from day one of the patch.   To the point of almost half there prime time players, but I"ll be nice and say they lost over 35% of there numbers.   We where keeping 200 strong all day long in all times zones.   If anything some one needs to look at EU and see why it was loosing so many compared to global.  

I think if they had done the mergers correctly and properly wiped every one on both servers you would of seen a higher number of players on GLOBAL and prob way fewer on EU.

Hell I checked all three servers and at some times even PvE had more players on than EU and I don't remember the last time I seen them over 100.  Maybe during certain prime times, but when you have the PvE server dropping numbers.

What i think is funny I never seen a game that had time zones restricted to only during none working hours of once region.  They might have battle zones but it's a big block and include any days and if you can't defend tuff titty you loose.   Ya'll had made your own port timers restricted that it's chased off folks that would prob come help ya'll.  EU timers are more for the 10% elite few not the majority of the players.   I would love to have seen the propor numbers on each server if they had did a proper wipe and folks didn't stay on a server cause they where tied to there clan mates tag and friends but all could move together and make a fresh start on any server of there pick.  The fact that many folks got screwed out of there XP killed a lot of folks from switching servers when the time came.  That whole thing was done very poorly over all.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

yea we are just asking for our ships and goods to be translated over. @Mike the Mongel @Intrepido could you  imagine things being bad enough that you knew you had to start over 3 months after the wipe... because there was an average of 75 players online for the day on your server. keep your port battles. we just want our mats and we want more players to come back. 

I'm actually for a merger if they put the server in a location that folks like SEA player and AUS can over all get a decent connections.  I hear all the time Pings don't matter cause this isn't a twitch shooter, well if it doesn't than put the game in a location to better suit all players around the world not just one.   I like the new system cause it lets clans pick when they want to fight and defend their owned regions with the helps of others on friendly clans.   For testing have one server (well and the kiddie pool we call PvE) and when the game goes live open up as many as you think you will need in those locations and set special rules for lock out times if need to be, but for testing we don't need silly lock out times other than made by clans that own those regions/ports.  If you an't defend it in your prime time than that is your own fault.

The other thing is give us the tools we been asking for. I know myself and @Jon Snow lets go been asking for numbers of active players over the past few months since the patch and for each nations so we can see just how balance the nations are and the Numbers.   I'm sure some folks will be surprised when they find out which nations are the actual big ones,  just not full of active PvP/RvR's is all. 

2 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

also. you don't have to bring back the flag system in order to set time zones. just make it so that hostility can only be driven up within a 4 hour window. or w/e it is. BOOM problem solved. with the new system being set up so that missions grind hostility it shouldn't take more than 4 hours to set the pb. and if it is set later then it just reverts to a port battle within the time zone that the defenders have set. also minimum of 12 and maximum of 25 for the port battles. let the defender decide how many (this would enable much more battles) many port battles are left in fought due to the inability to get 25 captains with the right ships in the right place at the right time.  

I did like the flag system for instant fights.  Even if you didn't plant the flag you a lot of times go great OW fights out of it as they tried to stop you.  Flag system would work great for a raid system if they would just listen to us.  Raids don't have to capture the ports. Make them 12 vs 12 raid fights.  Winner gets large agro (this system worked better with regions not single ports) towards hostility. I think the problem we are going to have with single port system is there is not enough players/clans to maintain a large chunk of them so they will be constant ports going back to neutral.  The Gulf of Mexico would be a good example of ports that will prob end up going back to Neutral all the time unless it's where one or two clans set up to do there eco, but they still need to bring in enough month to pay for the upkeep of those ports.

They could use raids as a way to disrupt some ones econ in a port/region but not take control.  Say a clan raids another clans port but doesn't want to keep it.  They get a percental of the production from that port of goods and the port stays in a chaos mode for 36-48 hours before can produce or build anything in that port.  The port is treated as neutral if it was an national until it reverts back from the raided status.  

Raids can be limited by ship types too for certain ports. you can't bring anythign bigger than a 3rd rate at one, or 5th rate at another.  Since your not going to capture it, the raid doesn't need a full 25 players.

One of the biggest issues I see with the new system is filling in the last 10-5 slots of a port battle.  Normally this is done by the random folks that show up if it's not controlled by all one clan. In the new system that means that random clan needs to be on your friends list.  That solo player is shit out of luck unless he instantly joins a clan and than leaves it after the port battle.

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Im saying this for the last time.

Before the server, On EU server split only a few nations had a 24/7 playerbase. That is a huge advantage over any nation. For them is very easy to conquer on my timezone and set the pb defense timers while my fellows cant play. So game over for me or no sleep/work.

That was the main reason of why the lordprotector system was so hated. Hope you now can undertand because it seems it is a bit hard to be on the skin of the nations without a 24/7 playerbase.

lord protector gives defenders the advantage. not the attacker. so yea it could be hard to gain ports. but you should only loose a port if you loose the port battle. which I'm fine with that

and I will say this for the last time as well... global is dead. 

4 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

No issue in this game has been decided so clearly by players than the matter of night flips. EU server had always and still has three times as much players than global. That means that 75% of players don't want to play a game where they have to get up in the middle of their night to defend their ports.

Merger of the two servers is possible without decission of the devs, since every player who respects the concern of the big majority of our community can already switch to EU server. Global is only reserved for those players who wanna do RvR in their prime time without regarding the needs of the majority. Let's keep them this alternative.

What is not acceptable is that a small minority imposes their own will on the whole community.

Those 75% are not RvR players.  I bet you prob not even 10% of them are made up of RvR players.  Folks play on EU to get the numbers to PvP in OW.  How many port battles ya'll have a night?  A week?  If you actually start looking at the numbers that actually do RvR is a very small part of the population. You don't want to do fights in US or AUS times than you set your ports owned by your clan to EU times. You loose that port it's your own fault.  Don't worry about the rest of the ports your clan or other none EU players own, let them worry about those ports.   If your nation can't fill a time zone slot than don't over extend yourself.  Recruit....maybe if some of you stop being royal arse to any one that isn't from the EU you might recruit more clans of other time zones. I started on EU server and than left for the main reason folks where very rude to new players and that was in the US nation where just about every one spoke English mainly.  This gaming community and that is folks from all over the world is very toxic to new players and folks that want to learn the game. That and there is such thing as to much population back than.  We had to sit in ques to log in and they split the server to Mirror (which didn't work out).  You couldn't go out and out and do a mission without getting ganked by a fleet of half a dozen ships back than.  So I went to the smaller population server to level up and learn the game and stayed there.

Again if they did a proper wipe many folks would of picked one server and stuck to that one, but they didn't wipe every thing and a lot of folks din't get there xp/ranks on the other server even though they did what was asked of them. They did the merge/wipe very piss poor like and than didn't support the servers so folks can balance out the nations and numbers.

You mean like the very small minority that imposed RvR restrictions on another server?   Really how many folks actually do RvR on EU?   Prob very little over all.  It's mainly reserved for the elite clans that won't let any one else in them.  Not every one in EU has your same work scheduled. I'm American and have all ways picked EU or SEA servers cause I worked night/grave yard shift and they would have the most players on when I would be free to play.   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Really how many folks actually do RvR on EU?   Prob very little over all.  It's mainly reserved for the elite clans that won't let any one else in them.  .   

Its just you had clans organising the hostility raising, triggering the PB. And then you had these solo players or small clans who would join in just any ship for the sake of getting a few conquest marks. It divided the Britis nation, and it made them unable to propperly field an offensive fleet for a couple of months. The Conquest marks also heavily contributed to this problem.

These War Companies will solve this in my opinion, as long as each nation has a fair chance on having PB worthy ships we should see a fair amount of RvR returning to the tables. As for the timers, I heared a guys proposition once to have a timer set, and have the timer get "wider" after each day that no port battle was created for that port.