Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

22 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Its just you had clans organising the hostility raising, triggering the PB. And then you had these solo players or small clans who would join in just any ship for the sake of getting a few conquest marks. It divided the Britis nation, and it made them unable to propperly field an offensive fleet for a couple of months. The Conquest marks also heavily contributed to this problem.

These War Companies will solve this in my opinion, as long as each nation has a fair chance on having PB worthy ships we should see a fair amount of RvR returning to the tables. As for the timers, I heared a guys proposition once to have a timer set, and have the timer get "wider" after each day that no port battle was created for that port. 

I agree the conquest system set up wasn't good, but with the new system I'm going to bet you see less and less port battles on EU cause of that ELITE status.   The new options will allow folks to set prime time for there Clan to fight.   It might even encourage if there is no  server restrictions for folks from other time zones to come play in those nations.  I refuse to fight on GB or US nations and I'm a US player so what am I left with on EU?  Pirates?  I tried to help out when we where slow on PvP2 pre-patch but was faced with a lot of rude players that refuse to get a helping hand by some one that doesn't live in there area of the wold.  Some of them could of had a full very powerful RvR clan come over and help them, but we where pretty much told bugger off they didn't need our help.   That is why they can't recruit other time zones players the the majority of the US/AUS or English speaking (as I heard some one posted early) players tend to play US and GB and not other nations.

32 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

We don't demand that you have to play in our prime time. We are doing pretty well without you. We only demand you not to force us to play when we don't like to. This is a game and no duty for Europeans to entertain Americans in their prime time. If you're not enough people for a proper game play it's up to you to recruit more players at a time when you wanna have fun.

And this is exactly why ya'll can't recruit other players from other nations/time zones.  You do know there are other players in this game than Americans and there are EU's that play in different time zones than the little safe one that a few of you ELITE clans want to only fight in.    If you notice when I speak of times zones I include all three main times not one or another even though I'm a US player.  I play mainly in US/SEA times  but I could be on during EU.  Remember @admin stated 50% of the Sales of this game comes from the North American market.  So we need to find out why we loose retention to that market and I'll tell you right now I know one of them.  Cause of Bias folks that think this game is all about them and not the rest of of the world.  You want to have a successful game you need to work all the markets not just one. If you keep to favor only EU and one time zone your going to loose out on 90% of your player market and the game is going to die.  But hay you will have your safe time to RvR so you won't loose sleep or work hours worried that some one else might actually have fun playing a game.

3 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

global server is dead. your loosing 1/2 your player base right there. yes this doesn't fix the problem but it is one step in the right direction to fixing it. and the unity 5 update should make pings a little bit better to deal with. no one will play the game with less than 100 players online. only fools who have nothing else to do with their lives. players are the content bud and if there are no players there is no reason to do anything. 

Actually it is only about 1/5 of the playerbase that's being lost and they aren't being lost because of poor numbers - the numbers for global was decent, bordering good to begin with, but people leave global and I venture a guess that it's because of two main reasons - 1) the massive grind in the start - the devs really didn't do themselves or any of the players any favors there. And 2) Global is a bad idea, possibly with a third option - everyone opting for the ez route and go brit/american and then got thrashed by the pirates. Rather than fight back they emmigrated to EU server.. That global is a bad idea can be seen just by the sheer numbers that preferred the EU server - i.e. regional servers are the way to go. To merge the servers is not a step in the right direction it will be a massive leap in the wrong direction - to save RvR possibilities for about 100 players the devs will loose a majority of European players that just happens - not to play britain and US. In basic - merge the servers and have fun fighting bots because the opposition will not be there and if it is it will not bother much with the RvR aspect of the game.

1 hour ago, King of Crowns said:

lord protector gives defenders the advantage. not the attacker. so yea it could be hard to gain ports. but you should only loose a port if you loose the port battle. which I'm fine with that

and I will say this for the last time as well... global is dead. 

And that is the very reason why it should not come back. The idea died - let it rest.

Dont know why the devs dont bring static time frames and place them to the harbours. Maybe the western harbours are more US Time Frame and the eastern ones more EU time frames. All players could join 1 server and fight in their timeframe. There are soo much harbours at the map there should be enough to do for all.

• Like 2

I don't see a merge happening. Euros don't want US in their server to mess up their RvR. US want higher pop. We just need to get our pop back. I could be damned to leave port currently. I can't stomach another AI mission to unlock slots. If I were to prioritize the systems that make me not want to play this game right now it's slots, RoE system, and book rarity. All except the RoE changes could be fixed in a day. None of these issues are even being addressed in these planned changes. So we'll have weeks or months of waiting for a patch to come out that won't even fix the issues that are killing the game for me personally. It's getting real hard to love this game. 

• Like 1

I grow weary of the discussion to merge or not to merge. It isn't even a question.

To solve it we need to agree on premises.

1. The game does not model real life alliances at all. And we game by those alliances, not by what the game dictates.
  2. You can only fight who is in your timeslot, regardless of Nation, Clan or alliance.
  3. A 25 (PB) Fleet must be able to defend/hold a port, unless defeated directly in a 25x25 fight.
  4. You bickering buggers are not entitled to hold more than 1 port.

Ergo:

Edited by Skully
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

But of course not only the opinion of RvR player can count in this game. Other players need a strong base of ports as well. And if trader, crafter, pvp or pve players wake up in the morning to find out that all ports of their little nation has been night flipped they will not like this as well. That's why such players should have the right to express their opinion as well. And those players have not only the interest that their nation doesn't get one ported during the night, they are also interested that their nation is performing well and can expand it's territory with out limitation of ports which can only be conquered in the middle of the night.

I just want to add if it's a EU player how would they wake up to find there port flipped?   If your a EU clan wouldn't you set your port battle time to EU prime time?  I think that is what ya'll aren't getting.   You don't have to control every port in your nation.  You don't have to fight every fight.  You just have to fight the ones important to your Clan and others that share it's time zone pref of prime play time.  If you don't want to get a port flipped in another players prime time (I won't use the word night flip cause it's nights for every one even EU that work grave yard shifts and such) than don't set it in time slots that you can't defend it.  If you loose it in your prime time than it wasn't an off prime time flip now was it?  This would mean you weren't able to hold that port during YOUR PRIME TIME.  So that is your nation/clans fault for not being able to hold it.  That or if you don't want to loose a port you set things up in than don't set it up in a port that can be captured.

32 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Actually it is only about 1/5 of the playerbase that's being lost and they aren't being lost because of poor numbers - the numbers for global was decent, bordering good to begin with, but people leave global and I venture a guess that it's because of two main reasons - 1) the massive grind in the start - the devs really didn't do themselves or any of the players any favors there. And 2) Global is a bad idea, possibly with a third option - everyone opting for the ez route and go brit/american and then got thrashed by the pirates. Rather than fight back they emmigrated to EU server.. That global is a bad idea can be seen just by the sheer numbers that preferred the EU server - i.e. regional servers are the way to go. To merge the servers is not a step in the right direction it will be a massive leap in the wrong direction - to save RvR possibilities for about 100 players the devs will loose a majority of European players that just happens - not to play britain and US. In basic - merge the servers and have fun fighting bots because the opposition will not be there and if it is it will not bother much with the RvR aspect of the game.

I have to agree with you on the first half of this, but the rest isn't not true.  Most great games out there do not have regional servers as a whole.  Most of them run off one server and that is it.   Unless they are some AAA game and this isn't one of them.  They combine there player base into one big server and folks do loose things while they sleep and work, but if they played smartly they can keep those zones and not loose them.  Personally if they gave pirates a proper mechanics and than put the server in a spot that most players can log in and get decent ping rates I could care less about RvR even though it's the main focus of my clan as it's a RvR/PvP clan.   Though we would not be stealing your ports you set to EU time cause we wouldn't have the player numbers to do it.  We would be attacking US/SEA prime time clans and taking there ports cause those are the time zones that we can field strong team.   That is what your not getting.  You don't need to defend every port, you just need to defend the ones that your clan or alliance of clans have interest in and you can do that by setting your port battle time to your prime time slot.   

One of the biggest issues I see is that EU players tend to want to play the EU nations, some of them had little to no influence in this area of the world at this time and prob shouldn't be in game.  The US or lets saying English speaking players tend to play GB/US.   The problem is when the EU nations won't fight each other and the English Speaking Nation won't fight each other in the past you get the Night/Day flip problem which honestly wasn't worse than what PvP2 have with the stupid carebear alliance, but that is another topic.  By having the port battle time slots your clan can pick it means only other clans with your prime time can attack you which should be reasonable to think that GB and US would fight each other and most of the other nations would fight each other.   Though are they doing that?  Have they done that? Could they do that?  Yah they could with the new system and if some folks in either Easter/Western block wanted to join and fight others on the other side they could.  By having a server with port battle restriction your limiting on the numbers of players you could have over all.   I'm sorry I  bet you won't loose as many EU players as you think cause ya'll can still set your prime time and fight over your own ports in those times.  No one is taking that away from you, just means the rest of the map can fight when eve they want too.

23 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Dont know why the devs dont bring static time frames and place them to the harbours. Maybe the western harbours are more US Time Frame and the eastern ones more EU time frames. All players could join 1 server and fight in their timeframe. There are soo much harbours at the map there should be enough to do for all.

That is what the Lord Protector and clans being able to set when they can be attacked.  This is suppose to be brought back with this next patch.   Though we haven't heard how this will work on EU server, but many of us would like to just merge the servers and be over with it cause if they don't want to be attacked in off hours than they can just set the port battle timer for ports own to their prime times.

21 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

I don't see a merge happening. Euros don't want US in their server to mess up their RvR. US want higher pop. We just need to get our pop back. I could be damned to leave port currently. I can't stomach another AI mission to unlock slots. If I were to prioritize the systems that make me not want to play this game right now it's slots, RoE system, and book rarity. All except the RoE changes could be fixed in a day. None of these issues are even being addressed in these planned changes. So we'll have weeks or months of waiting for a patch to come out that won't even fix the issues that are killing the game for me personally. It's getting real hard to love this game. 

just force the merge man. bring your clan over from global and put the last nail in the coffin of global. the devs have to pay to keep that server open. you really think they are going to pay to keep a server with 20 people max pop on it?

Edited by King of Crowns

1 minute ago, King of Crowns said:

just force the merge man. bring your clan over from global and put the last nail in the coffin of global. the devs have to pay to keep that server open. you really think they are going to pay to keep a server with 20 people max pop on it?

The problem with that is we have about 1/3 of our members are SEA time zones and most of them refuse to go where the ping is out the roof.  I know some AUS say they can do it, but I'm going to bet these are guys that live in areas with killer net or something.  You will loose a whole clan like CCCP that has insanely bad Ping any way cause of the firewall.  For me it's not the ping that kills me it's the spikes at times that has gotten me killed in battles.  They need to put the server in a good location even France is better or Greenland and just do it.  

Not to mention that is three months of starting over if we where to move over and grinding all over again....screw that.

Which by the way I been on EU since day one....I just don't tell folks who my other char is over there....I been on there all day today grinding out AI to get some pocket money to buy cannons and move up from a privateer I been in.   

Though honestly we aren't quiters like some folks that give up and than run off to the more pop nation/server.  

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Though honestly we aren't quiters like some folks that give up and than run off to the more pop nation/server.  

I was on EU long before I was on USA server. wanted the global thing to work because  I thought that's how the game should be. it is a failed  dream bud. you gotta know when to cut your losses and move on. many of us will be doing from the game entirely soon. if the devs don't get their crap together and figure out how to create fun content instead of grinds. 

Even better question that they keep avoiding.

@admin what is the ETA of this patch? Is this something ya'll be working on and we will see in a few weeks or is this going to be another 10.0 patch that takes 4-5 months to even make it to test bed and go live?  I'll be bluntly honest if it takes 4-5 months I think I'm going to just give this game up and move on to something else.  Than maybe come back if it every releases.   We don't have time to sit around an d wait on a dead server cause you announced a patch that is going to take for ever to drop. It happens every time you do this, the numbers drop insanely over what you where all ready loosing and than you only get back a small chunk of the players you had before hand.

The small changes like the grind and such can be changed and hot fixed now.  The port battle RvR stuff I can get that can take a while, but you need to really think about what you can implement into the game now and make changes for the better and what you can wait on and get in later and do exactly that.  Make the changes now that need to be made and than add in with future patches the new changes.   RvR is dead fine, but don't make the rest of the game dead too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

cant delete that quote sry

Look the guys from global are back again and want to force us to play on their rules again. Because it worked so great the last time ...

EU time was way better than the nightflips we had before. Just go away with your wrong mind to force people doing stuff and instead ask yourself who killed global.

If I see that thread were you made a poll what port to take from US because they attacked you I would like to puke. So much arrogance that I dont understand why the whole server isnt attacking you guys and then I remember again that there are just not enough players left probably.

because the whole rest of the server cannot put together a 25 man first rate fleet. keep your euro timer. USA players are done with port battles. if devs cant make it work then oh well we will bite the bullet. but at this point we just want our goods transferred so we don't have to start all the way back over. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, King of Crowns said:

I was on EU long before I was on USA server. wanted the global thing to work because  I thought that's how the game should be. it is a failed  dream bud. you gotta know when to cut your losses and move on. many of us will be doing from the game entirely soon. if the devs don't get their crap together and figure out how to create fun content instead of grinds. 

I know you where and I was more talking about the other players that didn't come from EU.  I'll be honest when 3.0 drops our clan will prob be gone off to SC and be done with this game.

If the devs care they would change the things we are saying killing the game now (the grind and xp rewards) which are only number changes and not major content.  Than come along and fix the rest of the stuff with future patches.  We are fine with RvR being dead for now, but we want the rest of the game to not be dead.

I do not understand why the big discution on the PVP. There was a time when you could attack anyone that had the smuggler tag on. That created much salt in all the nations, so it was removed. This shows that not everybody want to do PVP all the time. Thats why i think its good that PVP its moved to a specific area (in the middle, the way i understand) this way when players are ready for PVP they will venture in that area and expect to be attacked by other players.

Allso i belive that some PVP missions are required just so all the players get the feeling of PVP. At the moment players get so stressed when in PVP,, and i belive it is because of the sadness a loss generates and allso because it is so time consuming to make a ship and even more so one with nice uppgrades on it. So change that, make modules available trough Admirality. Make it so if a player has a Coppar Plating allready not possible to get another. So it will have to chose whisely on wich ship to use that.

Remember that you are in the entertaining bussiness, not in drama, if i want to get sad i will talk to my boss about a raise. He will fix sadness for me!

This game needs to accomodate all the play styles in one server, and make it fun!

In this forum you are comunicating with a small group, lobbying for their playstyle and if we disagree with their views we get jumped abused and mocked so, instead, we choose not to participate.

Edited by AxIslander

50 minutes ago, rediii said:

Well anyway back to topic.

There has to be a mechanic so ownership of a port can be changed within the nation.

For example:

Clan y has ownership of all profitable ports within a nation. Everyone of clan y went inactive and the clan died though but the clan will never be disbandanoed. Yes the clan has to pay fkr the ports but they get enough taxes so it works in a automated way.

@admin is there a way so a port can change ownership of a port if a clan is going inactive and their ports generate big amount of taxes?

It's listed, if they don't play and pay port maintenance it will go back to being a neutral port and than any one can attack it and take control of it.  While it's neutral you can keep your buildings and production going until it's capture by another nation and they choose to make it a national port instead of a Neutral.

1 hour ago, AxIslander said:

I do not understand why the big discution on the PVP. There was a time when you could attack anyone that had the smuggler tag on. That created much salt in all the nations, so it was removed. This shows that not everybody want to do PVP all the time. Thats why i think its good that PVP its moved to a specific area (in the middle, the way i understand) this way when players are ready for PVP they will venture in that area and expect to be attacked by other players.

Allso i belive that some PVP missions are required just so all the players get the feeling of PVP. At the moment players get so stressed when in PVP,, and i belive it is because of the sadness a loss generates and allso because it is so time consuming to make a ship and even more so one with nice uppgrades on it. So change that, make modules available trough Admirality. Make it so if a player has a Coppar Plating allready not possible to get another. So it will have to chose whisely on wich ship to use that.

Remember that you are in the entertaining bussiness, not in drama, if i want to get sad i will talk to my boss about a raise. He will fix sadness for me!

This game needs to accomodate all the play styles in one server, and make it fun!

In this forum you are comunicating with a small group, lobbying for their playstyle and if we disagree with their views we get jumped abused and mocked so, instead, we choose not to participate.

Speaking of the smuggler flag, it honestly needs to go back to being the way it use to be. Sorry you don't want to get jumped than don't have it on.  Did you know when your tagged with it on the out side of the battle shows a national with smuggler flag as a pirate and pirates can only join that side side not the other national that tagged you? If they are treated as pirates than why aren't they fully treated as one and any one including there own nation can tag them?  It should also mean while you have the smuggler flag on and if another pirate tags you it should make a FFA battle.   

I honestly think the flag should be removed and should be a ability pirates get any way and if nationals want to use another nation port than they need to get reputation for it (hint we need a reputation system.)  For pirates they can have there own trade reputation called smuggler that allows them to enter each nations ports as long as your in a trade ship.  That's a topic for another thread though.

Remember if you don't want to be attacked and treated as a pirate all you have to do is not have the smuggler flag on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

lord protector gives defenders the advantage. not the attacker. so yea it could be hard to gain ports. but you should only loose a port if you loose the port battle. which I'm fine with that

and I will say this for the last time as well... global is dead. 

In Military Strategy A Defender who knows they will be attacked will always win if they can prepare suitable defence in time. 

3 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

To get the tax money.

And the rare resources that are at that port.  I can see some one taking a big port with certain resources and either keeping it for the nation and running low taxes or making it a Neutral owned port and taxing the crap out of all nations that come to use it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Just quick question. Clan with biggest hostility will decide who can join as attacking side but what about defending? All nation can do it or will port owning clan will decide?

By what I'm understanding the Attacking and defending sides are depending on:

Attacking clan with the most Hostility when port was flipped leads.  Any clan on their friends list can join the port battle when they attack.

Defending side is the clan that owns the port.  Any clan on their friendly clan list can join and help. 

SO you better have enough other clans listed on your friends list to help defend or attack a port.  Now what I don't like is that it limits the solo clanless that can't join or the random guy that shows up that might not be in a clan on your friendly list.  With a 15 clan limit that can actually get maxed out  pretty fast if you have a nation with a bunch of small little clans.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

cant delete that quote sry

Look the guys from global are back again and want to force us to play on their rules again. Because it worked so great the last time ...

EU time was way better than the nightflips we had before. Just go away with your wrong mind to force people doing stuff and instead ask yourself who killed global.

If I see that thread were you made a poll what port to take from US because they attacked you I would like to puke. So much arrogance that I dont understand why the whole server isnt attacking you guys and then I remember again that there are just not enough players left probably.

quote stalking to the next lvl :)

I also believe (maybe a troll but i don't think it is)

that the whole conversation on the forums has a misinterpretation for what is going on in the game

for what i see in game on people, who want to do PVP  fights  (that is 5 %) fights when they get sunk they rage and quit (they miss the reward for playing and get sunk)

only 20 % of clan members are into PVP, and 80 % are into PVP because they have to defend themselves and must fight and will lose most of the time because of the force they have to face

what means that 80 % is actually a PvE player  who has to fight sometimes

what is see on the forums is the PVP player, who wants it all, and is eager to accomplish his goals even by putting his thoughts on the forum (and there is nothing wrong with that )

but the 80 %pve players are mostly  a passive player and do not share their thoughts on the forums, i see it when i overlook my clan and look for forum input on the forum and what they say in chat 

so my conclusion is that the forums are overwhelmed by thoughts from a perspective (PVP stuff) what is not representing the whole player base as a whole

i also see PvE player who put input on the forums, who get roffle stumped by PVP players because it is not in their intrest

we all have to stop doing that and make a discussion about how things will work out for balance 

and not your personal goals from the perspective how you would play the game, and have all the benefit you need to play this game comfortable for you

if you are a PVP player think about the PvE player 

if you are a PvE player put her some thoughts and think about the PVP player 

maybe that helps to have a balanced discussion

i sometimes see discussion and it goes about nothing ...really 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Thonys said:

I also believe (maybe a troll but i don't think it is)

that the whole conversation on the forums has a misinterpretation for what is going on in the game

for what i see in game on people, who want to do PVP  fights  (that is 5 %) fights when they get sunk they rage and quit (they miss the reward for playing and get sunk)

only 20 % of clan members are into PVP, and 80 % are into PVP because they have to defend themselves and must fight and will lose most of the time because of the force they have to face

what means that 80 % is actually a PvE player  who has to fight sometimes

what is see on the forums is the PVP player, who wants it all, and is eager to accomplish his goals even by putting his thoughts on the forum (and there is nothing wrong with that )

but the 80 %pve players are mostly  a passive player and do not share their thoughts on the forums, i see it when i overlook my clan and look for forum input on the forum and what they say in chat 

so my conclusion is that the forums are overwhelmed by thoughts from a perspective (PVP stuff) what is not representing the whole player base as a whole

i also see PvE player who put input on the forums, who get roffle stumped by PVP players because it is not in their intrest

we all have to stop doing that and make a discussion about how things will work out for balance 

and not your personal goals from the perspective how you would play the game, and have all the benefit you need to play this game comfortable for you

if you are a PVP player think about the PvE player 

if you are a PvE player put her some thoughts and think about the PVP player 

maybe that helps to have a balanced discussion

i sometimes see discussion and it goes about nothing ...really 

I would prefer to say that the 10% of the player base that even gets on the forums.  Maybe half of those are your die hard players and that includes your PvPers, RvR's and every thing else.   Though I do notice that some folks get just flat out rude when you talk about things that can over all improve the game but it's not what "THEY WANT" in the game.  This game is about all players and finding that balance for them all.  

When I look at game mechanics I look at it from the view of as many players as I can.  We need the casual players as they are the meat of the game population.   When we start to only listen to the minority few that are on here  than we forget about them and that is where our numbers start to drop. If it's not fun for them than it's not going to be fun for the rest of us.  Like we have some folks that don't want any AI.  Sorry every game I played on even though PvP server had AI's for general grind and missions.  Yes you had arena's and special battle zones you can PvP in.   Want to know what that is?  That is what Legends tends to be looking like.  If you don't want the whole package than that is prob going to be your game.  While other folks are wanting to Trade, Hunt, Fight, run, cry....even roll play about their Cabin Boy....those or the other 90% of the players and those are the ones we need to keep around.   

The reason many of us push for one server is cause we need to have all players and resources in one spot.  Than later make up special servers for the PvE guys and the EU guys that want to sleep at night and not worry about a port while working hard.  Get the core of the game done, get the mechanics polished out and than work on other side projects for those special groups.  Hell along the way you might find out they weren't even worth ot stuck around and you wasted time doing things just for them.

I'l be honest a lot of the mechanics that haven't worked or that keeps getting changed seems like they are only to make a few happy not the majority.

• Like 4