Game-Labs Forum

Unity 5 - Testbed Feedback topic.

admin

24 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

Potentially fatal bug for AMD Users:

Whenever a cannon is fired(whether it be friendly or enemy) it causes a driver crash on my AMD system, both stock and overclocked settings(both being 100% stable as per hours of testing)

My specs are as following and im running the latest AMD drivers:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5
Cooling: custom loop(Both CPU and GPU)
RAM: 16GB 2400 MHz crucial ballistix
GPU: R9 Nano Overclocked to 1040MHz
Storage: 525GB Crucial MX300 m.2 Drive, 120GB Samsung SSD 840 Evo and 3TB western Digital Black
PSU: Cooler Master V850 with cablemod custom sleeving
Case: NZXT h440

If anything else is needed from me(like the logs(in which case, please tell me where to find them)) please lead me to the correct place. Also, if any other AMD users could test out for this, obviously would be good.

Can you write version of your video driver? 

Best Regards

8 minutes ago, Alex B. said:

Can you write version of your video driver? 

Best Regards

the driver version is AMD Crimson 17.4.3

edit: For some reason i thought this was the latest driver version, it isnt, il try updating drivers later when i can.

Is there anyway instead of having ships, cannons, etc. as redeemables we could have all resources, materials, books, and marks available for free in all the shops with unlimited amount in stock. Then you don't have to worry about redeemables except for xp, crafting xp, and gold. Players could make up any ship they want and buy cannons/repairs/mods right out of the shop. Not sure the work involved, but figured it might be easy on testbed since you want players to have access to everything.

50 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

not fixed. tried restarting game, redeeming more ships, and going out to sea and docking

55 minutes ago, CommanderJ said:

Ink, will deleting char and creating new one fix it?

It is fixed for all accounts who will create new characters. Unfortunately it does not help accounts that were created before the fix. You can pm me with the character name, we will provide them (another option is to buy medium guns).

Edited by Ink

25 minutes ago, Ink said:

It is fixed for all who will create new characters. Unfortunately it does not help characters that were created before the fix. You can pm me with the character name, we will provide them (another option is to buy medium guns).

Deleted my character and created a new one. My redeemables did not refresh (stuck at 0 gold and 0 exp) and I still do not have cannons. So far I have lost 8 ships and still haven't set sail :P  Sent you a pm

Edited by Capn Rocko

36 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

My game keeps crashing as soon as one cannon ball hits my hull or the enemy hull. Only the hull, not the sails or the sea. So it should be related to splinter textures.

AMD user here.

What is your GPU dirver?

Deleted my character and created a new one. My redeemables did not refresh (stuck at 0 gold and 0 exp) and I still do not have cannons. So far I have lost 8 ships and still haven't set sail :P  Sent you a pm

It meant to be accounts - not characters - edited that message for more clarifications

I boarded a Victory in my Victory. The other player seemed to be afk or disconnected during the boarding as he did nothing. After I captured it I wasn't able to sink the ship (check the box). So I left it and although I couldn't give the order to sink it it sank after a while. This can't be due to damage cause he had almost 60 to 70% hull and more than 70% structure left. So I believe the sink command somehow got registered. The kill (or assist) though wasn't. There was also no message of another player in the battle who maybe got the kill. I reported it in the game via F11 too.

When I'm in battle and someone enters the combat I got terrible lags that the screen almost freezes. After few seconds all went back to normal. Never have had this kind of lags on the normal servers. 

AMD FX-6300, 16GB, RX480 8GB, Radeon Driver 17.7.2

Compared with the current engine sailing on testbed feels a bit unreal. Can't really describe it but steering feels bit arcade-like. 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Ink said:

What is character creation date?

it was today, but I did what everyone said, i redeemed several ships and when i logged back on i had them, thanks! I have crashed 2 times though, send crash logs when i logged back in