Game-Labs Forum

merge servers (PLEASE)

Merge the servers and create larger safe zones around each capitol so that all nations new players can start out trade build learn , do missions without the toxic ganking problem which has effectively killed the game. This game doent stand a chance unless its a worldwide game in all timezones with areas safe for new players to learn the game.

1 hour ago, Cortez said:

There is no point having 1 server, with different time zones, where you can capture enemies regions,while hes asleep.

Get over it.

I never been in a game that shuts down for one regions times cause a few folks want to sleep or work.  In real war you don't take tea time (actually they did my grandpa use to bitch about the Brits doing so in Africa when he was assigned to them) or wait until the sun is up.  You don't call your enemy and say I"m going to take you two days from now right after dinner time.   What they should do is set the lord commanders times again so and go with the war company thing.  So if a set of clans/war company fights only in EU prime time they can set there battle timers to that time. If they are SEA players they can set that time, if they are US players prime time than that zone. I seen folks request a short time you can't, but it shouldn't be a short time it should be a 4-6 hour window that can only have port battles in them.    Than you can protect it in your prime time.  Than if there is a clan that doesn't work in that prime time in your nation they can work to protect there ports/regions in there own prime time.  

I hear a lot of you say folks won't go to this or that nation. I play pirate, but started as US. I refuse to go back to US.  I have a played French, Spanish, Danish too (yah bet some of you had no clue of that) on PvP2 server and I been just about ever nation but Swedes on PvP1 (I have yet to set a nation on EU or PvE yet).   I would be more than happy to keep to pirate with my main and maybe roll with my clan to one of the other nations.   We hate (not really, but they hate us so we might as well) US and GB nations and love to kill them so we would have no problem being in a Nation that fights them during US prime time.  If any one has any clue what's going on Global I can assure you my clan are defiantly able to do port battles during those times.

Though if they where ever to do a merger I think it should wait until they go to beta and do another wipe of some type and do it properly  Than if they need to add more servers by release they can.   

2 hours ago, chailang said:

EU server probably 400-500ping  ,After using SSR, I can drop to 300 ping

Thanks I know I seen some of your screens with spikes over 600 from some of your guys.  Even I get ping spikes on EU server for some odd reason.  The normal base ping isn't to bad over there and I can live with it, but it's those that kill it for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Thanks I know I seen some of your screens with spikes over 600 from some of your guys.  Even I get ping spikes on EU server for some odd reason.  The normal base ping isn't to bad over there and I can live with it, but it's those that kill it for me.

20170814143501_1.thumb.jpg.dcad29b4e6494169fd7015c49d9e94c6.jpg... Today's network seems even worse than usual,Going to the EU serve will kill we clan completely

Edited by chailang
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

I'd like to see an equal playing field at least in timezones fighting. Fighting bigger pops in numbers AND timezones. 

So do I. So do we all. That is the truth. And the further we move away from that, the less likely and possible it is for us to see an equal playing field in timezones fighting.

Meaning, unless I completely misinterpret, equivalent population numbers across the factions in all timezones, so everyone can play and everyone can reserve a spot :)

34 minutes ago, chailang said:

... Today's network seems even worse than usual,Going to the EU serve will kill we clan completely

The ping difference that you get between the EU and PvE server is very strange since they are in the same location.

15 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

So do I. So do we all. That is the truth. And the further we move away from that, the less likely and possible it is for us to see an equal playing field in timezones fighting.

Meaning, unless I completely misinterpret, equivalent population numbers across the factions in all timezones, so everyone can play and everyone can reserve a spot :)

In reality we should have 11 front lines at minimum (11x 2 hour timeslots + DT). More folks in one timeslot should mean another front line.

However current Clan & Nation mechanics are too rigid to allow for this to happen.

Edited by Skully
  • Like 1

Agree. It is half-wishful thinking half-know that community will change. True, if two server options are up the newcomers will adapt :)

Funny how many gaming groups I've known that dismissed a string of clan vs clan games in the past due to rigid competition schedules. 

There are a lot of pros, especially at the "individual" level.

There are enough cons, including all the part of the community that doesn't have a fixed schedule to play the game that, due to circumstances, have to *sigh* and let it go.

Ain't only geographic :) age and household responsibilities also play a part but we enter the realm of personal priorities, that should never ever be even considered when planning a game schedule imo.

3 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Ain't only geographic :) age and household responsibilities also play a part but we enter the realm of personal priorities, that should never ever be even considered when planning a game schedule imo.

I'll inform the Misses. :D

You have found an important distinction: pro gamer vs casual gamer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skully said:

I'll inform the Misses. :D

You have found an important distinction: pro gamer vs casual gamer.

pros ? barely sir.

casuals ? not even close.

:D

( they can't even act like proper "officers of the navy" in the national news, now that would be pro ! )

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Bearwall, thanks for exploding :)

That's an unbecoming way of trying to diminish an opponent rather than actually argue. I seldom agree completely with @Bearwall's arguments or wording, but there is nothing to warrant saying that his response was an explosion. His reply was measured, well structured, on topic, and on point, without any outbursts. The fact that his response is in 3 successive posts is in large part to blame on the IP Board forum software which makes it a hurdle to combine into one post responses to several comments spread out over several pages. 

20 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

I think the question will remain unanswered.

When you ask a stupid or convoluted questions, you shouldn't expect a direct answer. It is well known to both of us that, no, there is no mechanic to reserve PB slots, save for having hostility points and entering in the first 2 minutes. What new information would you gauge from this "yes or no-question" of yours? The question itself is nonsensical. Reserving slots in PBs is not an issue here. "Reserving" players to fill those slots is the issue, as @Cornelis Tromp pointed out in his replies.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, Christendom said:

#servermerge

Honestly:

My vote ---> #noservermergeever

I just cancelled your vote.

Sarcastically:

Let me bus in 5 alts with fake ID's ---> #noservermergeever, #noservermergeever, #noservermergeever, #noservermergeever, #noservermergeever

You will never win this game.  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 4:15 AM, C R E W said:

game needs population..we are loseing it quick..please merge servers thank you

Wont matter, the population will still drop off to the 40 guys who have shaped the game to what it is.

I always joked with the know it alls that i hoped they enjoy the game with thier 40 friends. ....i wasnt far off AND those 40 could care less because this is the game they wanted with the population they want.

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 11:15 AM, C R E W said:

game needs population..we are loseing it quick..please merge servers thank you

Try make the game playable first. Legends seems to be the new pvp server. RvR, pve and grinding killed a good pvp server. Despite all warnings.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:35 AM, admin said:

we don't have resources for the merge now. the goals are to roll out features proposed in this topic, improve UI and provide localization. If we find out the time during UI rework we could consider that. But lets discuss this in a separate topic. 

If the Devs ever solicit input I hope that they provide us with the populations numbers on each servers for various times of day.   The sum of both servers does not equal the number that would be on a merged server.

I keep track of the number of players on each server each time I log on.  When PvP Global  is high PvP Euro is low.  Adding the daily maximum for each server will provide a inaccurate estimate of what the population would be at any time during the day.  The sum of both servers does not equal the number that would be on a merged server.  Some players will quit if we merge.  Steam consistently provides higher numbers than I see when I total the numbers shown in game.  Steam averages about 52 more players than the total of summing the numbers shown in game.

Currently the sum of both servers have averaged about 340 players each time I log on.  With a Euro Avg of 230 and Global of 110.  

Steam shows an Avg of 457 for all servers but as I mentioned steam always shows a higher number than the sum of the populations in game.

If we merge we may increase the population by an average of about 83 players.  (Max 138 - Min 38) .  This is based on comparing the high population server to the sum of both server for that moment and subtracting 5% (5% is a modest estimate of the players who will quit if we merge).

Merging the servers will not cause a massive increase in the population.   But it will result in less overall players.  

Will 100 more players on a merged server really make that much difference?

2017 Time  
Players per Server
    All steam steam PvP1+PvP2 Difference Btwn
Date z-7 PvP1 PvP2 PvE1 PvP1 +PvP2 Servers Charts time -5% Rage Q PvP1/2 & merge
Aug 10 8:28 349 93 94 442 536 585 8:00 420 71
Aug 10 9:14 369 100 85 469 554 614 9:13 446 77
Aug 13 16:14 206 156 74 362 436 501 16:12 344 138
Aug 13 22:56 110 90 32 200 232 275 22:00 190 80
Aug 14 14:07 362 130 91 492 583 637 14:08 467 105
Aug 15 8:32 364 91 85 455 540 598 8:00 432 68
Aug 15 17.18 129 163 60 292 352 382 17.08 277 114
Aug 16 18:46 84 140 47 224 271 365 18:06 213 73
Aug 17 6:54 277 76 81 353 434 456 5:54 335 58
Aug 22 6:38 240 69 62 309 371 437 6:17 294 54
Aug 22 17:39 129 131 61 260 321 362 17:12 247 116
Aug 23 17:25 126 99 68 225 293 332 16:58 214 88
Aug 24 7:16 228 52 65 280 345 398 7:09 266 38
   Averages    229 107 70 336 405 457   319 83
  • Like 2

100 more players would be a huge difference.  There were only about 35-45 on when I was playing yesterday.  (edit: and only 60 right now)  I don't understand the idea that adding players would make players quit.  Players are already quitting because the population is low.  Why would they quit if the population was higher? 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

100 more players would be a huge difference.  There were only about 35-45 on when I was playing yesterday.  (edit: and only 60 right now)  I don't understand the idea that adding players would make players quit.  Players are already quitting because the population is low.  Why would they quit if the population was higher? 

Players are not quiting because the population is low. The population is low because everyone is quiting because the game is just not fun now.

Two restarts has seen server population very very high and aftee the shine wears off everyone quits again for the same reason they quit before. Only one time in NA history did it sustain a large population for a number of months. They screwed that version of the game up so players all left.

• Like 1