Game-Labs Forum

Combat Mark farming with alts

Lots of guy make combat mark farming with alts!!! Please remove combat Marks from game 

The Alt capture npc ship

Guys attack Alt

Alt make surrender 

Guys capture the ship from alt and sinks it 

The combat mark system is bad for the game 

NPC capture is good, it allows new players, new to the game or new to PVP, to get their feet wet without worry of loss.  Unfortunately, like everything else, it gets exploited. The largest drop in population, I believe but may be wrong, was after capturing ships was first removed. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Capturing Non-Player Characters ships doesn't get you XP or Combat marks, you just get the ship and its cargo.

I believe he meant you trade the npc capped ship to an alt and then sink the alt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

Marks need to be bound to your character, or they dont make any sense at all. 

Then the gold / exp bonus for PVP needs to be boosted way beyond the meager +50%.

1 hour ago, shaeberle84 said:

@admin Solve it by making capturing NPC ships cost marks. You can capture it, sail it to port in fleet. If you want to sail it yourself, you need "admirality permission". This system would prevent alt farming and at the same time balance NPC capture and crafting.

That would completely defeat the purpose of the whole thing. Combat Marks are pretty pricey, you can easily buy a ship from the store for the marks you get for a PVP kill. A PVP Frigate kill is like 25 marks, that's 100k - and that buys you a frigate  from the shop.

29 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

That would completely defeat the purpose of the whole thing. Combat Marks are pretty pricey, you can easily buy a ship from the store for the marks you get for a PVP kill. A PVP Frigate kill is like 25 marks, that's 100k - and that buys you a frigate  from the shop.

Reduced price of course.

AND: why are the ships in the shop at the first place? They should result from NPC captured ships sold to the admirality. =)

The game will probably do better if we are able to capture all ships and remove crafting.

I do not recommend removing crafting, just pointing out that often people come here for Naval Action.  They come here to loot and plunder.  I could imagine that for many capturing ships is more important than crafting.

When I started to play this game, when I did not know anything about this game.  We sailed in a group of friends and were capturing ships for each other.  We only got bigger ships if we captured those.  It was fun, I have to admit.  Then I understood what kind of crafting this game has, and my first strong negative memories start from there.

I know people who quit the game -> "The game is now too trade/craft oriented".

• Like 1

Some people like crafting. The devs just made it so you need an unreasonable amount of organization to get a good crafting chain going. Especially that ridiculous Facebook-game like "labor hour limit", that is straight copied from the game they wanted to copy nothing from.

I'd see no problem at all if a single player could craft multiple ships up to 300 BR a day.  instead you have a system where one player can, with a LOT of effort, barely push out a single fifth rate every three days by himself.

But the usual reaction by players who do not even craft stuff themselves (beyond being instructed by their econ overlords in their clan, and they only obey because otherwise they get no access to at-cost-ships) is usually to just go p2w - i.e. buy another account to get around the LH limit.

1 hour ago, Aegir said:

If lots of guys are doing it, wouldn't it be somewhat identifiable via the combatnews channel and PvP leaderboard?

It is. :ph34r:

I don't see a problem if the reward is proportional to what gets sunk.

Alt Farming is waste of time mate.  You can make 4x more combat marks an hour and like 10x xp doing missions its why PVP is worthless.  So please find another soap box.  Don't believe everything thing you hear in this game 99% of it is bullshit.

1 hour ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

The absolute worst move the devs have made regarding this latest incarnation of naval action was the nerfing  of PVP marks. 

Why they decided this is beyond me. 

Pvp marks should be the pinnacle...peak...apex...zenith of Marks  

if i were making these decisions I would make pvp marks the highest   Mark  then the conquest/victory mark below them to craft mods or larger ships  

but I'm not a dev

Probably because pvp is so hard to find ( if you arent bashing noobs at the capital ) that it would take forever to get enough for all upgrades you want / need and also to comfort all the carebears so they have no reason to leave the greenzone and fortrange at all...

5 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

And here we agree.  

The absolute worst move the devs have made regarding this latest incarnation of naval action was the nerfing  of PVP marks. 

Why they decided this is beyond me. 

Pvp marks should be the pinnacle...peak...apex...zenith of Marks  

if i were making these decisions I would make pvp marks the highest   Mark  then the conquest/victory mark below them to craft mods or larger ships  

but I'm not a dev

90% of every problem in this game is not understanding the game.

yea everyone agrees with you on this point...... the problem is that Cry babys (and omg we have so many) that think Alt farming is a thing it . You can go back 6 months and at lest once every 2 days someone is bitching about alts in a new post.  It is by far the most and the less of many shady things you can do with one, and a waste of time.  You could get 200 combat marks for a kill on a 5th in pvp and still not be worth the time. To alt Farm.  

Assume you can mutli task like a god and have many monitors,  So lets Do some math, you got unlimited alts.  Bad ass computer. 5th rates. 

• Come out of port with main and Alt wait 2 min before attack (move to side of alt)
  • loading screen then wait for battle to begin another 2 min
  • fire one broad side into a perfect pull then surrender with alt leave battle wait another 2 mins
  • If your another alt is already coming out side can wait with each other the start over with 2 mins.
  • Pulling multi Ships at once actually takes more time as You will have to put sails up and turn to get a shot 2nd boat.
  • All facts and Video Proof I have

So more than 6 min if you do it perfect every single time, not going to Happen so we will go with 7 min. (7 is a joke also) but remember you are a god in this game. 

60 min /7 min you could kill 8 alts(lol) you paid for 40 bucks for on your main that you paid 40 bucks for in a Hour.. LOL yea noway you could do this many but we will go with it you are perfect even if you can't tell time.

• Really good boarder can cap a ship in 6-10 min once loaded into a battle. but we are gods let us not forget, 5 mins just to make number even
  • Travel time to battle 2-8 mins avg hello kitty it lets say always 5
  • Travel time back 5mins with caped boat
  • Don't forget no xp or marks for captured boats.

Total time to get 8 boats 2 hours

So now my 8 alt kills in only hour is Now really 8 alt kills in 3 hours. (2.6 alt kills and hour if you are a GOD) You see were I going I hope, and you under stand basic math. In reality less than 2, but maybe in god mode more than 1 and hour for time spent.

How much money you need to have dock space slots just to have that many ships.

YOU WILL GET NO UPGRADES EVER

I can run missions in same amount of time and get more marks with no prep time included, or/and expense by a factor of 4 or 5.  and get avg of 2 upgrades an hour.

I am sorry, Not really, How stupid can you people be, I see this post at lest once a week. I have posted this before. Do they not teach math in school anymore.  If Someone wants to do this let them they are hurting themselves not you.

Edited by JobaSet

1 hour ago, Captain Lust said:

Probably because pvp is so hard to find ( if you arent bashing noobs at the capital ) that it would take forever to get enough for all upgrades you want / need and also to comfort all the carebears so they have no reason to leave the greenzone and fortrange at all...

upgrades do not drop for PVP.  You will get more upgrades and better upgrades in PVE drops, faster than you can make marks for the shit ones you get at store. I was able to get every 4-5 upgrade u can get that people might actually use for my main and my Alt by maxing out connie once with a lot of extras left over. Thing is I might use 1 upgrade that you could buy from a store the other 4 slots or the rare drop ones.

Edited by JobaSet