Game-Labs Forum

It's Time to Merge the Servers!!

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

But there wont be any night flips as defender you set the 3 hour window you can be attacked in.

Sorry, something will do for a new exploit. 
As it is said in my country, ending with the dog, it ends with the rage

35 minutes ago, Archaos said:

But there wont be any night flips as defender you set the 3 hour window you can be attacked in.

We have tried this before and last time it killed of the legendary 2500+ player base. So stop fooling your self.

GAME HISTORY (from the D-N perspective):

Back when we where fighting over single ports instead of regions, we had Lord Protector and defence timers we could set our self. The British nation set most of their ports defensive timers at Aussie/US prime time. They did this "to ensure the Aussies and US time zone players game content". Then they gave 1 or some times even 2 ports EU prime time defense timers. so they knew where to expect attacks during the EU prime time. The British was the largest nation by a huge margin back then so the zerg screening was real! So this was starving the RvR players in other nations from game content. It forced EU time zone players to attack the British during aussie/US prime. Do you think the US/Aussie players showed up to defend the British ports!?! No, empty PB in the middle of the night all over the map.. Then during the EU prime time the British would use shot gun attack to take back ports. Attacking 3-5 ports. If we defended somewhere, they entered with 1 or 2 ships to spot, then they split up the rest of their fleet covering and winning all the undefended pbs. That way the could take back more ports during the day, than they lost during the night. This as a winning strategy no doubt, but at the cost of the healthy player base.. Because they where just denying the rest of us content.

Then the regional pbs where implemented to help remedy the situation. Of course by then the US nation (you guys mostly) had understood what kind of damage their skeleton crew could achieve. So in the end the US nation held the entire EU player base hostage by harassing the server with the night flips. Killing off even more of the EU player base. We warned you guys that if you continued the night flip you would force a server split. We told you that we do not need your player base at all to survive. We knew the global would not work with the Asians and the US night/day flipping each other into oblivion. You guys made this happen all on you own,  now deal with it on you own!

If you somehow mange to cry so hard that they merge the servers I have no doubt you guys will repeat history at first chance. You guys just want to win by any grifing means necessary. Some times it is useful to have players like that but you guys don't know when to stop. You are self destructive, toxic and ignorant.  It is not a charming combination of properties. So if you wonder why we do not want to play with you guys, after reading this you can consider your self educated @Christendom, @Aventador, @Wraith.

Now go "bite the bullet".

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tiedemann said:

We have tried this before and last time it killed of the legendary 2500+ player base. So stop fooling your self.

GAME HISTORY (from the D-N perspective):

Back when we where fighting over single ports instead of regions, we had Lord Protector and defence timers we could set our self. The British nation set most of their ports defensive timers at Aussie/US prime time. They did this "to ensure the Aussies and US time zone players game content". Then they gave 1 or some times even 2 ports EU prime time defense timers. so they knew where to expect attacks during the EU prime time. The British was the largest nation by a huge margin back then so the zerg screening was real! So this was starving the RvR players in other nations from game content. It forced EU time zone players to attack the British during aussie/US prime. Do you think the US/Aussie players showed up to defend the British ports!?! No, empty PB in the middle of the night all over the map.. Then during the EU prime time the British would use shot gun attack to take back ports. Attacking 3-5 ports. If we defended somewhere, they entered with 1 or 2 ships to spot, then they split up the rest of their fleet covering and winning all the undefended pbs. That way the could take back more ports during the day, than they lost during the night. This as a winning strategy no doubt, but at the cost of the healthy player base.. Because they where just denying the rest of us content.

Then the regional pbs where implemented to help remedy the situation. Of course by then the US nation (you guys mostly) had understood what kind of damage their skeleton crew could achieve. So in the end the US nation held the entire EU player base hostage by harassing the server with the night flips. Killing off even more of the EU player base. We warned you guys that if you continued the night flip you would force a server split. We told you that we do not need your player base at all to survive. We knew the global would not work with the Asians and the US night/day flipping each other into oblivion. You guys made this happen all on you own,  now deal with it on you own!

If you somehow mange to cry so hard that they merge the servers I have no doubt you guys will repeat history at first chance. You guys just want to win by any grifing means necessary. Some times it is useful to have players like that but you guys don't know when to stop. You are self destructive, toxic and ignorant.  It is not a charming combination of properties. So if you wonder why we do not want to play with you guys, after reading this you can consider your self educated @Christendom, @Aventador, @Wraith.

Now go "bite the bullet".

The thing is that they are talking about bringing back the defense timers in their latest suggestion and to do that I doubt that they will still limit the time port battles can be held as well. But I dont see many arguing against it in the other thread. If you feel that it will be as bad as it was before then best make that clear in the discussion thread regarding the new mechanics.

Personally I think it will make a big change having War Companies rather than nations, as now your War Company will only have to defend your own ports at times that you set and not have to worry about ports that other War Companies own. As long as they also include good mechanics that limit how many ports a single company can own and how many can be attacked simultaneously then you should not get the empty port battles.

I understand that you believe that it has all been tried before, but sometimes with a slight change what did not work before could work now.

13 hours ago, Bearwall said:

EDIT: One thing I don't understand. The proponents for a global server already has just that - a global server. I'm mostly pro-choice and pro-competition and atm there is a choice between a global server and a EU timezone locked server. Why are the globals so afraid of competition? The playerbase has literally voted with their ships and some want EU servers and some wants a global server. If the global server is so unpopular that the proponents for the global server feels a need to kill of the competition, should that not indicate just how bad an idea that notion is?

A lot of folks didn't have a choice.  In my clan alone we had 3 people who did the whole midshipman mission on global to "sync" their XP and then when it came time to start over on here they had zero redeemables.  Messages to Ink and Admin went unanswered.  2 of the 3 don't play anymore, they simply didn't want to start over or play on EU without their buds.  I know of at least a couple dozen others on global who are playing and had their XP messed up.  I wonder how many saw that they didn't get their XP and ships and said screw it.  The implementation of global was botched right from the start and it definitely hurt it's population. 

And to all the crybabies, globals population is fine.  We have not experienced the 50%+ loss in players like EU has.  I am suggesting a merge for the new system, not this current one.  

Edited by Christendom

6 hours ago, CaptVonGunn said:

Which is why port flipping if it stays needs to be done across 3 or 5 battle spread across all time zones..  winner of majority wins.  I stays on EU because all my friends were here and during my time to play that used to still be a decent number... Now it is not on either server and a lot of that loss is the Devs just reinventing teh wheel over and over without any major upgrade

Moronic solution that has already been discussed - the nightflip will guarentee one party 2 wins and the other party will be forced to win 3 times in a row. Completely idiotic and I cannot imagine why such a poor solution keeps being brought up.

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

A lot of folks didn't have a choice.  In my clan alone we had 3 people who did the whole midshipman mission on global to "sync" their XP and then when it came time to start over on here they had zero redeemables.  Messages to Ink and Admin went unanswered.  2 of the 3 don't play anymore, they simply didn't want to start over or play on EU without their buds.  I know of at least a couple dozen others on global who are playing and had their XP messed up.  I wonder how many saw that they didn't get their XP and ships and said screw it.  The implementation of global was botched right from the start and it definitely hurt it's population. 

And to all the crybabies, globals population is fine.  We have not experienced the 50%+ loss in players like EU has.  I am suggesting a merge for the new system, not this current one.  

I fail to see why this should warrant the depopulation of the EU server. All the discussions of the nightflip issue will be readily apparent again as there are no solutions. It really doesn't matter wether we call the factions clans, companies, nations or guilds - the problem persists. How or why does the changing of a denominator warrant a servermerge? Why is it so terrible that the players has options - one for EU timezones and one for global? If the players on EU wants global timezones they can move to global. If the servers are merged and the choice is taken away they will simply move - as we painfully experienced pre-wipe with the loss of many of my mates.. For1 which you had nothing but disrespect and mockery left. The problem has still not been adressed and all this is basically repeating an old song that has long worn out its virtue.

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

I am suggesting a merge for the new system, not this current one.  

And you also suggest the shit of the nightflip, new server, new system but you continue with the same thing that made the servers separate

5 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

I'm not sure if you missed it but the suggestion to go back to the flag system was actually made by admin and like I said before I agree with him that it would work best with the new mechanics he proposed. Now regarding the rest of the nonsense you posted, it's in the past and don't tell me you didn't do it too because you did. Everyone has winning in mind. 

Now personally I would like to merge the servers with these mechanics but we don't have to. Global is actually quite fun and challenging and we have held onto most of our population. In fact we just took in some guys from a former eu clan in sweden the other day who didn't like the way things were run over there. 

Since you all you guys seem to do is bitch and offer no solution I have one for you that you could present in your own suggestion. If admin doesn't want to merge and puts in the flag system he could always setup one 3 hour window on eu. 

Edited by Aventador

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

I fail to see why this should warrant the depopulation of the EU server. All the discussions of the nightflip issue will be readily apparent again as there are no solutions. It really doesn't matter wether we call the factions clans, companies, nations or guilds - the problem persists. How or why does the changing of a denominator warrant a servermerge? Why is it so terrible that the players has options - one for EU timezones and one for global? If the players on EU wants global timezones they can move to global. If the servers are merged and the choice is taken away they will simply move - as we painfully experienced pre-wipe with the loss of many of my mates.. For1 which you had nothing but disrespect and mockery left. The problem has still not been adressed and all this is basically repeating an old song that has long worn out its virtue.

Night flips will soon be gone bud, go read admin's proposed changes.  I feel like 90% of the EU whiners on here haven't actually read his post.  

5 minutes ago, Aventador said:

Now personally I would like to merge the servers with these mechanics but we don't have to. Global is actually quite fun and challenging and we have held onto most of our population. In fact we just took in some guys from a former eu clan in sweden the other day who didn't like the way things were run over there. 

In particular those guys from Sweden came over because they were upset with the 2 large "Zerg" nations on EU and the lack of content with their carebear agreements.  It took them 2 months to fight each other and while they were holding hands the server lost 50% of it's population out of boredom.  Lol.

we dont want windows of 3 hours, we dont need nothing, we happy know, can you understand??? Windows only give a new oportunity to more nightflips or similars, y you want merge, can come to eu, if no stay in your server

I agree, since this game won't be able to overpopulate it's servers any time soon, merging servers will do only good for those who still play. P.S. final server merge could mean only one thing - last final attempt before game is dead.  

Edited by Lordicious

Pls merge, I want to play with my friends from around the world but this global server won't ever have a fraction of the content we had on PVP1 with the 7 port battles simultaneously and such. It doesn't seem right that people are sentenced to inhabiting a shit server simply because of the location that they live in. All that's needed is for the devs to find a way for oceanic and american time zone people to have content without destroying all the work that the EU players do, you could have some non-essential ports that are on a different timer so that the EU players will never need to interact with or care about them and the oceanics can squabble over them without ever caring about the EU ports.

I like the idea of one big server where something is always going on. However, ppl who cannot run the game because of their ping should be allowed to get their money back, shouldn't they? Maybe make it so that you can test your connection to NA's servers via http://www.navalaction.com/, even when you do not own the game? People on steam's store page should have a fair chance to test their ping, too , before they buy NA. People will call NA some sort of scam if you don't do something like that.. You know how ppl are and how that will result in bad PR.. 

Edited by HarryButpain

I migrated in my first month from EU to GLOBAL as I liked the idea of an always awake server. However my ping which is good quality BB in the UK went from 50-110 ish. I am not sure if all the Australians / new Zealanders or West Coast US will be looking at a ping of 110 should they merge the servers. I can't for the life of me see them merging to the US side, when 70-80% of the player base is currently on EU

For me, not worried, I've already gone EU to Global. If we end up with a total rethink on timed battles then you may get more positive interest from everybody. Most like having more to do

Can we lock this here? There is no solutions for healthy RvR in global enviroment. Playerbase may suffer but again what the point to play when you will loose ports during your nightime? Or you will be limited from RvR because locked time slots. Remember before server split few here yapping how to Global will be great. People had a choice and most pick server and same times slots suit them. Do not dig it again in this grave. 

Edited by Bart Smith
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Can we lock this here? There is no solutions for healthy RvR in global enviroment. Playerbase may suffer but again what the point to play when you will loose ports during your nightime? Or you will be limited from RvR because locked time slots. Remember before server split few here yapping how to Global will be great. People had a choice and most pick server and same times slots suit them. Do not dig it again in this grave. 

It would be great, but many things remain unchanged. We have so many better titles releasing soon and they will take most if not all content interested player base. 300 Spartan PvPers will remain and keep the server alive. Unless, Devs preparing a surprise mega patch with all the goodies for pvp and pve crowds, then there is still hope. Personally I am hoping to see that mysterious final Patch before release. 

Edited by Lordicious

39 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Why lock a thread because you dont agree with it?  

There is a fair amount of health discussion going on here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bart Smith said:

You are missing the point of why this has raised its head again, its because of the preliminary announcement for new mechanics in relation to War Companies. In that thread the Devs raised the possibility of bringing back the flag mechanic and also that the War Company that owns a port can set a 3 hour window to suit themselves when they can be attacked. So you will not be able to lose your ports during your night time, you can only lose them during the time you have set. The only issue you have then is arranging a time to attack other ports that are not in your usual play time, and I am sure a War Company could organize themselves to maybe have a late night on a weekend to do their attacks if required, remembering of course that if there are enough people who also like the same time slots as you (i.e. other players who currently want the limited slots on EU server) then you will have the same opportunities for port battles in your usual play time as you do now.

• Like 1