Game-Labs Forum

When will Naval Action be finally released?

When will Naval Action be finally completed and released?

I, like thousands of others, have stopped playing--except for the odd look-in every now and then--and am waiting for the full release of the game.

Is there a release date, please?

• Like 2

Software development is this kind of "difficult to say when we're ready" thing. I think we have overcome the initail goal of the game and now it's up to all people (testers & devs) to work together on the final game mechanics. There is however lots of contents and the OW mechanics take some time to fine-tune I guess. Let's say middle 2018, widly guessing ;-) But hey, just play it and test it!

19 hours ago, Lannes said:

When will Naval Action be finally completed and released?

I, like thousands of others, have stopped playing--except for the odd look-in every now and then--and am waiting for the full release of the game.

Is there a release date, please?

If you forked over some money, why not play the game?  We're busy playing.  You can build ships, you can capture ships, you can sink ships, you can burn and blow up ships, you can roll out in privateers or sluggo fleets, you can battle in the ports, you can sail from one side of the map to the other trying to fish for manta rays, etc, etc, etc  What are you waiting for?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If you forked over some money, why not play the game?  We're busy playing.  You can build ships, you can capture ships, you can sink ships, you can burn and blow up ships, you can roll out in privateers or sluggo fleets, you can battle in the ports, you can sail from one side of the map to the other trying to fish for manta rays, etc, etc, etc  What are you waiting for?

Trying to go beyond a cutter and earn enough money to move on is just too boring.  How many cutter vs cutter fights do I have to have? I had done all that once before and reached Chef de Division and level 50 crafter. I am not interested in doing it all again under more difficult and less immersive circumstances. I am not alone. Thousands have given up playing this game, including all of those in the clan I belong to.

It's true, the game is nowhere ready for release. No one would buy it, now. Think of a time, perhaps a year and a half ago, when it was superbly worth playing. Not any longer. So, I wish they would make their changes and then release it, so that there is a game that I paid for and tested that I can at least play, even if it might never be as good as it could have been.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lannes said:

Trying to go beyond a cutter and earn enough money to move on is just too boring.  How many cutter vs cutter fights do I have to have? I had done all that once before and reached Chef de Division and level 50 crafter. I am not interested in doing it all again under more difficult and less immersive circumstances. I am not alone. Thousands have given up playing this game, including all of those in the clan I belong to.

If this is how you feel why do you think it will be any different upon release? The release of the game will not bring some magical transformation to the game, if the problems that do exist are not resolved before release then the game will quickly fail. If you are really interested in a successful game then you should join in and help iron out the issues in the game and give your feedback as to what will make the game successful.

5 minutes ago, Lannes said:

It's true, the game is nowhere ready for release. No one would buy it, now. Think of a time, perhaps a year and a half ago, when it was superbly worth playing. Not any longer. So, I wish they would make their changes and then release it, so that there is a game that I paid for and tested that I can at least play, even if it might never be as good as it could have been.

Did re-run a freshman after the NPC capture hotfix. The battles with the cutter versus the rookie brig will yield 2 combat marks ( depending on the server can be worth 2k-7k each ) and 6,5k sinking or alternatively up to 9,5k if you capture the rookie brig and sell it to the store, being the bonus that you also capture its guns, so basically you can updrage your basic cutter for the next battle at zero cost. After three successful battles, 1 I did capture the ship, the other I did sink it, I was ranked up and could equip a nice NPC shop privateer/pickle with the medium guns I did capture from the first ship. Then I proceeded to enemy waters to raid their traders, but that's my personal choice as I won't get rich as fast as anyone power-gaming missions or trade runs :) Hope it gives a little glimpse of what it is at the moment.

While redeeming Rank and Crafting level, well the only thing left to do is really the cash. 

While we all knew that a wash away of assets was always meant to happen, what are the biggest put-offs apart from that ? 

4 hours ago, Lannes said:

You might wanna express your opinion here as well:

6 hours ago, Lannes said:

"Trying to go beyond a cutter" is easy.  Making millions is easy.  If you've "done it all before" you should know that.  I'm not sure what you think was so different a year and a half ago, or what kind of magical change you think is going to happen if they release a final version.  It will continue to be the same game.  If you decide you don't want to like it then you won't.