Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

20 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

Off topic looking for coal around mort not been able to find it ,and blocks . port stock with out putting contract up for it

Not the place to ask for that.  I would try your nation chat in game or using the handy trade tool.

2 hours ago, Zoky said:

First time I hear that eve players hate killboard. I liked it, and everyone I know liked it too. 

Just when you thought you were out they drag you back in again! ..... Please read posts properly if you are commenting on them. I didn't say people hated it. 

I use it for info on pilots, cos it's a resource you have to use cos it's there and being used on you. But there is a general consensus that many players play in such a way as to make themselves look good on Zkill (ie. lots of easy kills) rather than taking on challenging pvp. It took me a while to realise that I should stop looking at my own stats on zkill and when I did that I was freed up to play much more challenging pvp. As soon as I didn't care about stats, I took more risks, didn't bother ganking noobs and enjoyed the game more. If you've played a lot of Eve you will know that the very best players don't have particularly green zkillboards, they have quality kills. In the same way, being top of the NA leaderboard is not going to be a particularly good indicator of the best pvpers.  So i think it's a shame that this has been deliberately introduced. Right that really is it, i'm not commenting on this anymore.

3 hours ago, Zoky said:

First time I hear that eve players hate killboard. I liked it, and everyone I know liked it too. 

if there is something that is liked by eve seasoned players, then be sure it's toxic.

Eve veteran here! :D

Edited by victor

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:
5 hours ago, Zoky said:

Just when you thought you were out they drag you back in again! ..... Please read posts properly if you are commenting on them. I didn't say people hated it. 

Sorry for dragging you in...again :)

It is generally universally acknowledged that this has a negative effect on pvp and player behaviour.

Ok hatred was a bit to strong word, but still i never heard single complaint from anyone about killboard, not even on forums. I played eve from 2007 to 2015 so maybe its the new thing. Anyway I don't see how killboard can be bad thing? If you don't like it then simply don't look at it.

Bad kill board results can kill a clan. I would like my exploits to be recorded though. My clan has a channel to post screenshots of kills and captures as our killboard. So we can gloat internally. 

8 hours ago, Flinch said:

Bad kill board results can kill a clan. I would like my exploits to be recorded though. My clan has a channel to post screenshots of kills and captures as our killboard. So we can gloat internally. 

But it should include also - for each kill - the sink/captured ship and the rank of the killed player.

Only this way one can really tell who's who in PVP.

Edited by victor

8 minutes ago, victor said:
8 hours ago, Flinch said:

But it should include also - for each kill - the sink/captured ship and the rank of the killed player.

Only this way one can really tell who's who in PVP.

Not really. Only way that rank could work is if there was a way to loose it. As it stands now everyone will reach top rank eventually, its just mater of time. But imagine now if you loose 1 rank when you sink. And only way to get rank up is with pvp exp. Now in that scenario rank will reflect skill.

2 hours ago, Zoky said:

Not really. Only way that rank could work is if there was a way to loose it. As it stands now everyone will reach top rank eventually, its just mater of time. But imagine now if you loose 1 rank when you sink. And only way to get rank up is with pvp exp. Now in that scenario rank will reflect skill.

Maybe this would be a good read for you. Feel free to pull it out of the grave if it sounds interesting. 

21 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

Eve Online has been there and done this. They don't have this for precisely this reason. Unfortunately there is an outside app called ZKillboard. It is generally universally acknowledged that this has a negative effect on pvp and player behaviour. However, at least with Zkillboard, with a little exploration, you can see who the cowards padding there killboards with easy kills and taking no risks, are. With this in game leaderboard the cowards are not even exposed. It's just sad imo and they should get rid of it.

Never heard that zKillboard was bad and/or negative. Some people may put a lot more effort into it than others, so maybe that is what you're referring to? It's a great tool to determine how active an entity/region is, capabilities, collaborations, skill etc. Having a fleshed out killboard with similar would a good step forward for those very reasons. If you're not interested in it, then you simply don't have to look at it =P

Also, another patch during this downtime?

• Like 1

On 17.07.2017 at 0:35 PM, admin said:

Hotfix 3 (07/26/2017)

• Crew sailing requirement reduced for speed upgrades and skill books
  • Conquest information changed to provide more clear information about conquest mechanic
  • Wapen von Hamburg naming corrected
  • Fixed bug with NPC ship distribution in ports (thanks to Captain Banished Privateer)

• Like 8

On 19.7.2017 at 6:07 PM, Hodo said:

They arent that expensive.

BLACK on GLOBAL, can field 25+ Santisimas and L'Oceans with ease.   A few other clans in GB can do the same.   

So again... not that expensive, and definitely did not solve the SOL 1st rate meta issue or the mods worth more than the ship.

It does not matter how many you can field, it matters how FAST can you replace the losses.

Also, if you build 1st rates with woods which are everywhere available, is not the same like crafting those with White Oak.

Now, 2600 Frame parts for 1st is not expensive?

5 minutes ago, [HRE] Lanfire said:

sUGXf9Q.png

GD2JBSV.png

Reduced :huh: ?   it looks like elevated not reduced ^^

It is reduced from 10%

But devs! Really?

2 upgrades (gazelle+bovenwind refit) gives me sorry 4% speed increase while requiring 14% extra crew. 
Studs gives 0.006 and also requires another 7% (21% total crew penalty for about 6% total speed buff). That is way out of balance. Especially taking into account that Studs already have a penalty itself (-0.005 for Staysails). 

TJFV3ZW.png

I have tested various setups and the total speed I'm getting just not worth the crew penalties. Not for a boarding ship.
I still recommend either making all mods 5% or keep Permanent upgrades 7%, but remove crew requirements from skills

• Like 2