Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

We can keep discussing tactics and point capping and such as long as we want. 
However, the conquest system as it is favours more populated nations. It is unacceptable. 

Divide the conquest points over the number of active players per nation, before you decide the map victor.
It's the only way to give nations a fair chance, regardles of population. Population is an unfair advantage in the victory mark system as it is no matter how you turn it.

So instead of rewarding quantity, start rewarding quality and give all players the feeling they can influence and win a map round.

Edited by Captain MiniMe
  • Like 1

I hear what you say Kierrip.

How about:
- Ditching Victory Marks all together.
- Making all ships available for Combat Marks.
- Give the Winner a small Combat Marks pension for a week, maybe everybody also a random paint.
- Give the least successful country a bigger Combat Marks pension for build-up.

What do you think about that?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Michael Corvinus said:

This whole Victory Marks system is badly thought out. The Devs must have pulled it out of their asses whilst drunk. Some Nations will probably Never get them and at 250 Combat Marks to 1 Victory mark if it is possible to convert is wayyyy too expensive. Come on Devs WAKE UP!!!!!

Isn't the exchange thing only on PVE server?

9 minutes ago, Captain MiniMe said:

We can keep discussing tactics and point capping and such as long as we want. 
However, the conquest system as it is favours more populated nations. It is unacceptable. 

Divide the conquest points over the number of active players per nation, before you decide the map victor.
It's the only way to give nations a fair chance, regardles of population. Population is an unfair advantage in the victory mark system as it is no matter how you turn it.

So instead of rewarding quantity, start rewarding quality and give all players the feeling they can influence and win a map round.

No it favors the most active PvP/RvR nations.  Pirates on GLOBAL is prob going to win this week if nothing changes.  We have the second most ports, but every time numbers came up we have never been the biggest nation. We are prob the third largest nation on the server.  It's only a small group of active players wining the fights right now. The largest nations is not winning.   So it does not favor Carebears that sit in ports and not fight.  You want to win?  You get out there and fight and get others motivated to fight.

19 minutes ago, Captain MiniMe said:

Isn't the exchange thing only on PVE server?

I think it is, but I'm using it as an example of the value of the different Marks. bear in mind we got 10 x Combat Marks in replacement for each Conquest Mark that we had. I know someone who paid 1.8 million for some Conquest marks. he's really pissed at the game now.

Another of my clan mates just handed all his gear over to the clan and left. he had been saving up for a L'Ocean and this change screwed him over so he's now done with the game. How many more will follow?

Edited by Michael Corvinus

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

No it favors the most active PvP/RvR nations.  Pirates on GLOBAL is prob going to win this week if nothing changes.  We have the second most ports, but every time numbers came up we have never been the biggest nation. We are prob the third largest nation on the server.  It's only a small group of active players wining the fights right now. The largest nations is not winning.   So it does not favor Carebears that sit in ports and not fight.  You want to win?  You get out there and fight and get others motivated to fight.

Well, I'm talking EU server and I can tell you there the biggest nations are automatically the most active RVR nations.
On EU: more players = more active RVR players. The Dutch on EU go out there and fight, but a nation with numbers will be able to defend a port and at the same time attack one.
So that's twice the odd's we have. As far as I can see, that's favouring nations with numbers. 
If you divide the points over active players you'll get a more accurate reflection of skill, imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HardyKnox said:

What happens IF one nation "Wins" the map?  Is there then a new wipe and restart?  What does the "Winner" win?

1 Vitory mark for each captain that logged in in the last 14 days prior to victory (Hahahaaaaaa)
The map, achieved conquest points etc are carried on to the new week, so no restart/reset.

• Like 1

Captains, the first post is updated:

On 17.07.2017 at 0:35 PM, admin said:

Update:
Hotfix 1 (07/18/2017)

• Mark limit increased from 1000 to 10000. Lost marks due to previous limit were compensated via redeemables.
  • Fixed bug with contracts not listed in port shop.
  • Fixed bug with invisibility state after battle is over on players that left that battle earlier.
  • Some UI fixes in the conquest tab

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mamen said:

There are no forts and towers inside the battle mode

@Ink 

While this tribunal post might seam like a joke I am disappointed that I received no rewards. If I knew that this is just a joke I would not sink all those ships but sold them back for huge profit. You dropped the ball on this one.

Invisibility Speed Buff is just a new Meta for Speed ganking, i'm not sure that this is the way it is meant to be intended, might need taking back to the drawing board on how you look at battle exit ideas, its changed quite a few times i forget on what has been done before.

2 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Time to Conquer... ?

No more sitting on benefits. That's the baseline.

Not perfect but having a Fleet of the Line and plenty of 74s to act as station Flag ships is ( as was ) a mark of national naval prestige.

Are we just playing for ourselves or for a nation ? Are we simulating a nation power in the age of sail ?

Not a perfect system but the idea is good.

Take a port, gain 1 point to the score and make that enemy lose 2. Somehow at this point, and from fast calculation is not needed to win half the map to get to first. A half dozen regions is enough to gain the lead ( even less if conquered regions are 3 points ).

Let me get this straight....The nation which "wins" the weekly pseudoconquest gets all marks/points, and other ones get nothing????

The idea is not good.

@admin Great Patch.  May I however point out that the costs of certain Permits are perhaps slightly out of proportion:

A 3rd Rate is 200 Combat Marks and a Bucentaure permit is 250 Combat Marks, but a Bellona is 3 Victory Marks (aka 750 Combat Marks).  Oh and a Rattlesnake Heavy permit at 1 Vic Mark (aka 250 Combat Marks), is as expensive as a Bucentaure's.....  Hope you get a chance to look into that soon.

Perhaps a Combat Mark to Victory Mark conversion rate of 75 would be better than one of 250.

Edited by Taranis

38 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Let me get this straight....The nation which "wins" the weekly pseudoconquest gets all marks/points, and other ones get nothing????

The idea is not good.

The devs think that forcing us to fight each other will make  the game more enjoyable.

The game was more fun pre wipe and at the end of the day its just a game.

players complain about revenge fleets. your in enemy waters hitting there ships. why would they not come after you.

the invisibility after a battle only favors the winner. most of the time this will be the ganker. this dose not bring balance only encourages more ganking and the trolling that happens afterwards.

PvP is not balanced and needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elbizor said:

The devs think that forcing us to fight each other will make  the game more enjoyable.

The game was more fun pre wipe and at the end of the day its just a game.

People are fighting eachother one way or another.

By proclaiming a weekly "winner", just having the most ports, which gets the VICTORY marks, and all other nations get nothing, you are punishing those smaller nations being small, now even more, because they have no acces to marks which are needed for PB ships.

Secondly, the cooperation between the single nations, which isn`t written anywhere, but happening in game is not possible anymore, because each nation has to take 1st place in ranking for VICTORY marks.

This system, as it is now, is just forcing you to buy more copies of the game, so you can have 1 Char in each nation, and you don`t have to do anything, you will receive VICTORY marks one way or another, by doing NOTHING.

• Like 2

I really don't understand why we keep trying to artificially keep lineships (and now some non-lineships) tied to RVR rewards. Any system that does that will block out smaller nations just as effectively as PvE players. It seems to me that just getting rid of victory marks and adding a bonus to the generation rate of combat marks in PBs, then setting combat mark prices for everything in the admiralty would be a simple enough solution. Everyone can get everything, it's just a matter of how much time you take to get there, and empty PBs or port swaps are no longer of any value since killing players is what earns you marks. Combine that with the new leaderboards and you might actually see more people out fighting and willing to risk ships because there are actual rewards for them taking that risk...

• Like 1