Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.1

admin

41 minutes ago, Remus said:

Works for solos too. I've just sold my Privateer by listing it in the shop. I pity the next guy: fir and crew space, it's horrible, but at least they'll get it cheap.

At least from now on all my grind ships I can make myself.

Tell me about it...  I had a "senior moment" and fat fingers the other day and crafted a White Oak/Crew Space Renommee the other day....  grrr.  16 effing Furnishings down the drain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You apparently didn't read the patch notes we posted did you?   Hell you guys keep twisting crap and not reading it.  Go read the past patch notes and stop believing every thing you hear on global or in chat.  

LOL just cause I say I have a Bucc in Global doesn't mean I have one.  We can troll the crap out of ya'll cause y'all seem to believe every thing that is said on global.  or that some one else tells you.   Don't trust anything unless you see it your self or have first hand experience.   

Think we addressed this 20+ posts ago.  Thanks though. ;)

2 hours ago, Pada said:

Can you please tell us if you still work on signaling. Or did you gave up on that? I'm running with 4 perks atm waiting for it to come back.

Edit: And please reduce the repair kit used to repair in open world. I'm a bit damaged on one side and it takes 3/4 of of my 50 hull reps i carry and have to sail back to port to get more. They should last way longer. It's just annoying to be forced to sail for 40 min until you are ready again to pvp after every fight.

Repair in battle and it will cost you a lot less, you have 15 mins after the end of the battle before you have to leave for the OW.  It's a price you pay if you want to raid away from home.  In port repairs will always be the best cost saving way to do them.

55 minutes ago, Remus said:

Works for solos too. I've just sold my Privateer by listing it in the shop. I pity the next guy: fir and crew space, it's horrible, but at least they'll get it cheap.

At least from now on all my grind ships I can make myself.

Yah I don't get why solo players think it's so hard. I did it for over 6 months myself when I was just being  a more relaxed player and didn't want a clan or what not and I still was able to buy hand me down ships back than cheaper than  new bought one or even one from the store.  You will rarely now find me in a ship that wasn't crafted by me or a clan mate though. I think the only time I been in a store bought ship was something fast to make it some where that I didn't have a ship in that area but did have a port and was needed or fireships.....BOOM.....though even now it's cheaper to make them or just use a captured ship for such.

11 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Tell me about it...  I had a "senior moment" and fat fingers the other day and crafted a White Oak/Crew Space Renommee the other day....  grrr.  16 effing Furnishings down the drain.

Yah those fat finger moments can be a pain.   Done the wrong builds or even left off the quilty slid bar (made green ship instead of exceptional) before.  Always double check before you build something...lol

5 hours ago, Hodo said:

Where did you get this information.

PVP1 they may have been doing some "hinky" stuff to get marks but PVPGlobal they have just sat out side of La Navass, KPR, and Southern Florida hunting idiot solo traders.  

I have even seen a few pirates, spanish (well not so much anymore) and English players doing the same thing... so I know they are getting EASY marks.

Send me a PM and drop me a line, and I'll share with you the grand conspiracy.

33 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Repair in battle and it will cost you a lot less, you have 15 mins after the end of the battle before you have to leave for the OW.  It's a price you pay if you want to raid away from home.  In port repairs will always be the best cost saving way to do them.

Sry but that's not true. It's only slightly less at best. And when the price I have to pay is my lifetime then it's just wrong game mechanics. I'm willing to pay everything but time.

12 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Pirates already laid down the first 1st rates by pvping with eachother during the day you could exchange PVP marks for Conquest marks.  I think you're doing just fine. :)

Huh? Outlaw battles don't give xp or marks so how were they doing this?

Hmm some folk will change nation due to the imbalance of resources etc from the very beginning at the initial wipe. That imbalance increase's exponentially on a daily basis.

Resource distribution being one issue.

Proposed increase of permit prices will only increase that imbalance, especially for those nations that cannot print 150 plus CM's on a daily basis. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and this moment in time it actually is and coming up roses over the fence.

Human nature to look at what others have, why struggle to tread water, with constant grind to remain afloat. National pride won't cut it if your not having fun, the knowledge tree still requires work, another required grind in an effort to make the most of what you have.

Every nation should of had their "safe zone" with needed resources at the initial wipe. This could have then led to land grab races, as Nations expanded. Lots of PvP as Nations contested "important" areas.

It is what it is now, but reckon Nations may die away due to an uneven playing field at the start. Forever trying to play catch up with no ability or resources to do so.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Liquicity said:

But you're wasting your time aswell? I never understood the mentality of 'Haha I'm wasting your time right here", because its not only the prey's time.

I know there are some douchebags killing bambies in the starter gear over and over again, not much you can do about it

Unless there was some sort of mechanic which let you have a "noob-time" for a week (starting from when you bought the game) or something in which you're not attackable by other players, as long as you're in the cutter. May still be exploitable tho

I never said it was a rational impulse, nor did I mean to suggest that the impulse to be a jerk could be programmed out of the game. On the other hand, I also believe the idea that "jerks will be jerks no matter what you do" is a cheap excuse to do nothing. I'm asking for mitigation, not world peace.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:10 AM, admin said:

07Jc9rw.png

3cnRJFQ.png

To me this looks like 2 Frigate trees, approximately one fast and one more solid. And of course a SOL tree.

Would the Pavel be more in line needing Constitution 3, ( and the bucc bellona3) giving the 1st tree a SOL?

oh, and can you get the cerb  with just brig4?

Dear developers, please explain to me the logic behind the ship tree? 

The only thing that makes sense to me is that you guys don't want the hard work put into modeling, coding and whatever else you did to put these ships in the game to go to waste. 

If that is not the reason then you just like to torture us and like to see how much you can push us until we almost quit!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

The only thing that makes sense to me is that you guys don't want the hard work put into modeling, coding and whatever else you did to put these ships in the game to go to waste. 

If that is not the reason then you just like to torture us and like to see how much you can push us until we almost quit!

I must admit that very few of NA fanatic players will have enough patience to climb all these steps up...

Let's hope for a lighter adjustment so we can get "elite moduled" war ships without spending hundreds of (real life) hours.

Edited by Celtiberofrog

3 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

As most people have already done their grind up to Rear Admiral the devs believe that people need more grind to keep them striving forward.

And as most people wont want to fall behind the "hardcore" they will do a couple more hours than normal to stay competitive.

This will increase sever numbers and make it a more sellable game.

Not saying I agree with it, just why I think they have done it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Elbizor said:

As most people have already done their grind up to Rear Admiral the devs believe that people need more grind to keep them striving forward.

And as most people wont want to fall behind the "hardcore" they will do a couple more hours than normal to stay competitive.

This will increase sever numbers and make it a more sellable game.

Not saying I agree with it, just why I think they have done it.

Yep, pretty much spot-on with what I've been able to gather. There are plenty of ways of doing this that are actually enjoyable and feel rewarding rather than the masochistic suffering that the current system (Like This).

And, if people don't sail certain ships over others, maybe they're too generic-feeling. Maybe give the Lynx and Pickle a pair of stern guns - they have the ports for them. Maybe tweak the thickness of the Pickle up a little more, make it "that annoyingly-tough little 7th-rate." If there is no significant difference between two ships, people will almost always pick the easier option.

Edited by Kiithnaras
  • Like 1

Dear Developers, dear main Developer!

I wrote my opinion about ur whole game before. Atm i just want to tell u, that new teleport/tow system is bad in my opinion. first of all, we have to sail more again.

i just tell u an example. I bought a pickle, a priv and a frig at mandinga, thought that i will farm them up in missions and teleport to kingston. Now im stucked with them at Mandinga. I must sell them and canons for huge loss or just sail 3x1 hour meaningless.

Traders now go far to thier destination freetown and just tow in thier fleets to dock, hunters cant catch them, what means that u do opposite u wanted.

I think old system was better for player. If u want to force traders to sail OS always, when they carry cargo, then u shouldnt allow teleport with cargo, butt keep the old system.

Guyz, u have to understand, if u force players to sail hours for any action, profit, u will have player leak again. Belive me, at war zones we can sail for hours with teleport system was implemented too, and we feel the Ocean huge, we dont need more and more meaningless sailng meanwhile watching TV, cooking and thinking about that we need this??? This is bad policy. Best regards.

~ edit: paragraphs for legibility ~ the moderation team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coraline Vodka said:

I think you're right.

It's actually fun imo to have a reason to sail different ships, learn them maybe learn to love them. And doing fleets is good gold also

The thing is, the majority of players that are playing this game are either returning players or regulars. The percentage of new players is very small. The majority shouldn't have to cater to the minority. When I was ranking up a year ago I tried all ships as soon as I could crew them. Leave it to the players to choose. There are too many restrictions as it is...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

The thing is, the majority of players that are playing this game are either returning players or regulars. The percentage of new players is very small. The majority shouldn't have to cater to the minority. When I was ranking up a year ago I tried all ships as soon as I could crew them. Leave it to the players to choose. There are too many restrictions as it is...

In the long term I very much hope new players will considerably outnumber the few hundred oldies we have right now, thoiugh I agree that even the mildly relaxed knowledge tree is too restrictive.

2 hours ago, DrZoidberg said:

Dear Developers, dear main Developer!

I wrote my opinion about ur whole game before. Atm i just want to tell u, that new teleport/tow system is bad in my opinion. first of all, we have to sail more again.

i just tell u an example. I bought a pickle, a priv and a frig at mandinga, thought that i will farm them up in missions and teleport to kingston. Now im stucked with them at Mandinga. I must sell them and canons for huge loss or just sail 3x1 hour meaningless.

Traders now go far to thier destination freetown and just tow in thier fleets to dock, hunters cant catch them, what means that u do opposite u wanted.

I think old system was better for player. If u want to force traders to sail OS always, when they carry cargo, then u shouldnt allow teleport with cargo, butt keep the old system.

Guyz, u have to understand, if u force players to sail hours for any action, profit, u will have player leak again. Belive me, at war zones we can sail for hours with teleport system was implemented too, and we feel the Ocean huge, we dont need more and more meaningless sailng meanwhile watching TV, cooking and thinking about that we need this??? This is bad policy. Best regards.

~ edit: paragraphs for legibility ~ the moderation team

Sorry that's what this game is about sailing ,this isn't World of Warships, that what they did back then  ,if you don't won't to sail far find a more active port and do the business around it and why do you have to sell your ships ? You know you can always get electronic battleship!!

2 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

The endless grind is no way to artificially make content, people will get bored and leave in mass again like last time when the game was on steam, no end game content, current content is pretty thin when you look at it which is bad for the game since when you have done everything that is it nothing left to do, not much players can do to create content, hell PBs are being punished if players wanna arrange the fights...They did this sorta thing in Eve arrange fights to keep content fresh in the game.

43 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

Sorry that's what this game is about sailing ,this isn't World of Warships, that what they did back then  ,if you don't won't to sail far find a more active port and do the business around it and why do you have to sell your ships ? You know you can always get electronic battleship!!

Ive played since ow launch and sailed the entire map dozens of times and never once alt tab or afk sailed. A very very few times i ran up to get a beer or take a piss but i have never in thousands of hours played understood this alt tab mentality or the OH MY GOD I MUST SAIL THE ENTIRE MAP IN ONE HOUR OR ILL DIE! These people must have a mental block that keeps them from using the logic part of the brain. 

This map is tiny and wat to small ( thanks to unlimited teleports) if you ask me and thats why there are so many econ and political struggles because nobody has a sense of ownership to a region and just says f it ill just teleport to a new ez mode region while bad guys attqck this one then teleport back when they log off.